[THEME][CM10.1/AOKP]Alloy Series ThemeChooser * 8 Colors

Search This thread

xIC-MACIx

Inactive Recognized Themer
Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
THIS thread is not my primary thread for support, feedback, and feature requests!
Check out my original thread over in the Galaxy Nexus forums HERE!

AlloySeries_Banner_zpsf153ad64.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALLOY BLUE
Donate
Free

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALLOY LIGHT BLUE
Donate
Free

ALLOY WHITE
Donate
Free

ALLOY RED
Donate
Free

ALLOY HOLO BLUE

Free

COLOR VALUES USED:
Alloy Blue = f9f9f9 (Statusbar) 33b5e5 (Primary)
Alloy Holo = 2a91b9 (Statusbar) 33b5e5 (Primary)
Alloy Light Blue = 6ca5cf
Alloy White = b2b2b2 (for light BG's) d7d7d7 (for dark BG's)
Alloy Red = e24749 (Statusbar) c23639 (Primary)
Alloy Orange = ff7e00
Alloy Lime = 76da00
Alloy Purple = 9200dd
Alloy Pink = e03976 (Primary) d52362 (darker pink)

DEV-HOST DOWNLOADS:

TROUBLESHOOTING:

IF you are having issues with the MMS app text colors/backgrounds not showing:
- Download and flash the CM10.1 MMS app (available in the "Dev-Host Downloads" section above this one.

IF you are getting this error "This theme is missing assets for you device's screen resolution."
- Ignore & hit "Apply Anyway"

IF you are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
- First, apply the system theme in settings > themes (Yes, even if it's already applied)
- Open Titanium Backup and locate "ThemesProvider.apk" and "ThemeChooser.apk"/"Themes.apk"
- Select the app and choose to "wipe data". In the same pop-up dialog swipe over to the "special features" tab and select "clear cache"
- Go back to settings > themes and apply your desired theme.
- Last & optional step is to reboot your phone. (I do this if the theme hasn't fully applied yet.)
** If you are still having issues, you can try uninstalling the theme, reboot into recovery to wipe dalvik & cache and then reinstall the theme.

IF you are USING A TABLET and are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
- Apply the default "System Theme"
- Take note of what your device's current DPI setting is, you'll need it later
- Change your device's DPI to the closest standard resolution: LDPI=120, MDPI=160, HDPI=240, XHDPI=320 (Typically, you'll want to set a higher DPI)
- Reboot
- Apply the Alloy theme of your choice
- Revert to the previous DPI setting
- Reboot & enjoy

Last edited:

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
NOTE:
- As others have stated, Theme Chooser is NOT yet compatible with Jelly Bean's "multi-user" features on the Nexus 10. Doing so will result in multiple FCs, just a heads up!

- THIS thread is not my primary thread for support, feedback, and feature requests! Visit my primary thread HERE or follow the link at the top of the OP, your questions will be answered much quicker, thanks! :)

CHANGELOGS:

V1.5.4 (APRIL 26):
- Fixed switch toggles (Nexus 7)
- Fixed background bug (Nexus 7)
- Added themed notification header (Tablet UI)
- Resized statusbar clock/date/battery text (Tablet UI)
- Fixed switch toggle "off" background

Last edited:

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Thanks fellas,

If anyone finds any bugs or has any suggestions, let me know!

Hell yeah!!! Love this theme. Been using it on my galaxy nexus. One of the best theme to date. Any plans for a white theme?

Absolutely. In the original thread for this theme, the most popular colors voted on in the poll are a light blue and white. Those two versions will be the next releases on my list!

Reactions: bpve and ikenvape

Komodo Rogue

Oct 30, 2010
DC

Recently, I purchased a Nexus 10 and I noticed that several of the Theme Chooser themes available on the Play Store couldn't handle the beautiful display of the Nexus 10. In my latest update I added a slew of tablet optimizations for this theme, including the higher res images the the Nexus 10 requires. I'm still working on adding more, but so far it is looking pretty darn good on this display!

So fellas, here it is, try it out! Requests are always welcome and it would be great to get some feedback so I can further improve:

Welcome to AlloyUI, a Theme Chooser theme with a dark metallic mix of buttons, sliders, checkboxes and more. Alloy takes Android's "Holo" style user interface and makes it more appealing by using design elements such as 3D style perspectives, new bevels/edges, ambient lighting and gradients. This is just a pilot to this series of themes, keep an eye out for an array of color options for AlloyUI!

BannerThin.png

framed_Screenshot_Nexus10.png

framed_Screenshot_Nexus10_2.png

If you like the theme, please take a sec & leave me a review on the Google Play Store! :good:

I rarely like themes because they usually seem incredibly ugly (taste is subjective, it's personal preference, I know I know), but WOW this actually looks... dare I say it... like an improvement over stock!

I will flash sometime this week. Also, I appreciate the work other people put into making my N10 awesome, throw up a paypal donate link!

Reactions: xIC-MACIx

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
New version released, the screenshot changelog will document changes via my Galaxy Nexus screenshots. If any Nexus 10 or tablet specific changes are made, I will post them here instead. Tonight's changes are universal and effect both tablet and phone resources, enjoy!

V1.3.9 (DEC 11):
- White status bar icons are back!
- Made CM's slim battery wider
- Mms app bubbles now stretch to the edges correctly
- Optimized scrubber & progress bars
- Fixed tabs bug in JB 4.2 contacts.apk
- Toggles have been fixed(XHDPI, HDPI, & MDPI)
- Tweaked action bar headers & footers
- Fixed a stretching issue with power homescreen widget
- Softened dialer pattern

**Jelly Bean 4.2's Camera/Gallery app CANNOT be themed yet! Themeing compatibility must be added to ROMs first

- Mac

V1_3_9_Changelog.png

Last edited:

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
I rarely like themes because they usually seem incredibly ugly (taste is subjective, it's personal preference, I know I know), but WOW this actually looks... dare I say it... like an improvement over stock!

I will flash sometime this week. Also, I appreciate the work other people put into making my N10 awesome, throw up a paypal donate link!

Thanks! This is actually a theme chooser APK for CyanogenMod or AOKP sourced ROMs. If you would like to donate, all you need to do is simply buy the donate version of my app in the Play Store! :D That is, of course, if you are using one of the above mentioned ROMs.

- Mac

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
(DEC 11)

Alright, for those of you who prefer the holo blue colored status bar icons, I have released a separate version blue icons. This version is identical to the latest release with blue icons instead of white! (Download available in the OP)

I have also re-compiled all the free versions as separate package names from the donate version to prevent market errors for those who try to upgrade to the paid app.

- Mac

Reactions: Komodo Rogue

Komodo Rogue

Oct 30, 2010
DC
Thanks! This is actually a theme chooser APK for CyanogenMod or AOKP sourced ROMs. If you would like to donate, all you need to do is simply buy the donate version of my app in the Play Store! :D That is, of course, if you are using one of the above mentioned ROMs.

- Mac

Yeah, I know. I use CM more or less exclusively on all of my android devices, so I'm no stranger to the theme chooser :) I just bought it, I'll let you know what I think!

Out of curiosity: why not put the free versions of your themes on the play store? I would think that would help your exposure?

Also thanks for supporting N10, it doesn't seem like there are too many people using it but I hope you continue to develop for it in your future projects!

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I know. I use CM more or less exclusively on all of my android devices, so I'm no stranger to the theme chooser :) I just bought it, I'll let you know what I think!

Out of curiosity: why not put the free versions of your themes on the play store? I would think that would help your exposure?

Also thanks for supporting N10, it doesn't seem like there are too many people using it but I hope you continue to develop for it in your future projects!

Thanks for the support. :good:

Tbh, not sure why I never put the free version on Gplay. I guess my main concern would be having to update multiple apps through Google Play considering I plan to release variations of the original. I'm sure it would boost popularity. (This theme hasn't even been out for a month yet, so I've got some time to decide these things.

Actually, this isn't the main thread for this theme, the original thread is where all the action is lol. Seems to be quite popular for phone users; I posted it here too so N10 users could join in on the fun! :D

homerunbm33

Nov 10, 2011
Maryland
I just tried out your theme on my galaxy nexus. Wow is it awesome. Can't wait to try it on my Nexus 10. I'll be sure to grab the paid version from the play store. Thanks for your hard work.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: xIC-MACIx

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
In running PA and the clock hour is really tiny, is there a way to make it a little bigger?

Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at my styles.xml and see if those text sizes can be omitted; that way the default text sizes can be used.

Oh, and v1.4.0 of Alloy Blue was published last night and the free and Holo Blue version was updated with the same changes!

AND if anyone was waiting on the Light Blue release, it is officially available in the Google Play store! :D Link in the OP!

Changelogs are in post #2

- Mac

Reactions: G-Bus

G-Bus

Jan 13, 2011
Montreal
Thanks for the feedback, I'll take a look at my styles.xml and see if those text sizes can be omitted; that way the default text sizes can be used.

Oh, and v1.4.0 of Alloy Blue was published last night and the free and Holo Blue version was updated with the same changes!

AND if anyone was waiting on the Light Blue release, it is officially available in the Google Play store! :D Link in the OP!

Changelogs are in post #2

- Mac

I should add that im running PA in TabletUI not Phablet. Hoping you get what im saying. Let me know if u want a screen shot! Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

xIC-MACIx

Oct 7, 2011
Dallas, TX
I should add that im running PA in TabletUI not Phablet. Hoping you get what im saying. Let me know if u want a screen shot! Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda app-developers app

Yeah, I know what you mean. This latest update, I added styles for tabletUI, which specify sizes. That's most likely the issue; especially on the N10's high res screen lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: G-Bus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS thread is not my primary thread for support, feedback, and feature requests!

AlloySeries_Banner_zpsf153ad64.png

ALLOY BLUE
    Donate
    Free

ALLOY LIGHT BLUE
    Donate
    Free

ALLOY WHITE
    Donate
    Free

ALLOY RED
    Donate
    Free

ALLOY HOLO BLUE

Free

COLOR VALUES USED:
    Alloy Blue = f9f9f9 (Statusbar) 33b5e5 (Primary)
    Alloy Holo = 2a91b9 (Statusbar) 33b5e5 (Primary)
    Alloy Light Blue = 6ca5cf
    Alloy White = b2b2b2 (for light BG's) d7d7d7 (for dark BG's)
    Alloy Red = e24749 (Statusbar) c23639 (Primary)
    Alloy Orange = ff7e00
    Alloy Lime = 76da00
    Alloy Purple = 9200dd
    Alloy Pink = e03976 (Primary) d52362 (darker pink)

DEV-HOST DOWNLOADS:

TROUBLESHOOTING:

IF you are having issues with the MMS app text colors/backgrounds not showing:
    - Download and flash the CM10.1 MMS app (available in the "Dev-Host Downloads" section above this one.

IF you are getting this error "This theme is missing assets for you device's screen resolution."
    - Ignore & hit "Apply Anyway"

IF you are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
    - First, apply the system theme in settings > themes (Yes, even if it's already applied)
    - Open Titanium Backup and locate "ThemesProvider.apk" and "ThemeChooser.apk"/"Themes.apk"
    - Select the app and choose to "wipe data". In the same pop-up dialog swipe over to the "special features" tab and select "clear cache"
    - Go back to settings > themes and apply your desired theme.
    - Last & optional step is to reboot your phone. (I do this if the theme hasn't fully applied yet.)
    ** If you are still having issues, you can try uninstalling the theme, reboot into recovery to wipe dalvik & cache and then reinstall the theme.

IF you are USING A TABLET and are getting this error "This theme has been improperly compiled..."
    - Apply the default "System Theme"
    - Take note of what your device's current DPI setting is, you'll need it later
    - Change your device's DPI to the closest standard resolution: LDPI=120, MDPI=160, HDPI=240, XHDPI=320 (Typically, you'll want to set a higher DPI)
    - Reboot
    - Apply the Alloy theme of your choice
    - Revert to the previous DPI setting
    - Reboot & enjoy
    NOTE:
    - As others have stated, Theme Chooser is NOT yet compatible with Jelly Bean's "multi-user" features on the Nexus 10. Doing so will result in multiple FCs, just a heads up!

- THIS thread is not my primary thread for support, feedback, and feature requests! Visit my primary thread HERE or follow the link at the top of the OP, your questions will be answered much quicker, thanks! :)

CHANGELOGS:

V1.5.4 (APRIL 26):
    - Fixed switch toggles (Nexus 7)
    - Fixed background bug (Nexus 7)
    - Added themed notification header (Tablet UI)
    - Resized statusbar clock/date/battery text (Tablet UI)
    - Fixed switch toggle "off" background
    Note: As other users have said, multi user accounts do not yet work with theme chooser!

New versions published to GPlay and DevHost. This update has several bugfixes & visual changes. No screenshot CL for this one! :D

Light Blue changelog available on Google Play!

V1.4.1 (JAN 10):
    - Paranoid Android text color for tablet notifications
    - Removed toggle indicators for 4.1 Paranoid Android
    - Several MMS fixes (Xylon, AOKP, etc.)
    - Added new MMS send buttons
    - More quicksettings icons added
    - New clock widget
    - Contacts app tweaks
    - Themed Google Ears & News widgets
    - New light text boxes
    - Themed CM torch app
    - As always, probably forgetting other changes
    Thanks fellas,

If anyone finds any bugs or has any suggestions, let me know!

Hell yeah!!! Love this theme. Been using it on my galaxy nexus. One of the best theme to date. Any plans for a white theme?

Absolutely. In the original thread for this theme, the most popular colors voted on in the poll are a light blue and white. Those two versions will be the next releases on my list!
    pls can you make it available for tf101 team EOS rom

It works on EOS, I've tried