[ROM][4.2.2] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw/d2spr]

Search This thread

bajee11

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 10, 2012
Montreal
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Sorry if this has been addressed but I looked back and could not find the answer.

How can I enable the use of Volume Keys to move the cursor in text boxes?

Settings >language and input

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

g35thrilla

Dec 8, 2012
Calgary
hey guys im a super noob so i was just looking for some help on wifi tethering.
Im currently with Rogers i747m and running

d2att RB V3.7.1,
Kernal 3.0.62 cymod-g137df31

Network mode set to lte/gsm/wcdma
i am getting LTE/4G no problem off my ltemobile.apn- this is set as my default, i have a isp.apn however that is not set up all the fields in that are set to <not set>
however when i try wifi tethering the other devices seem to not be able to connect.

I know this was a problem on the previous build however i just read a post on another RB 3.7.1 thread where someone stated that the encrypted wifi tethering is now working. Can anyone one else confirm this to be the case??

thanks for the help in advance

cr4ck3r4lif3

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Re: [ROM][4.2.1] RootBox Non-development | Discussion | Support [d2att/2tmo/d2vzw]

Great rom. Absolutely love it.

One minor issue that I could use some advice with.

My ringtones don't loop. I typically use Thriller Three or Mildly Alarming but they sound once and that's it. I can't find a setting to fix.

In the interim, I'm using a ringtone that's longer in duration.

I'm running the latest cwm and wiped everything coming from a TW rom. I flashed the d2vzw 3.7.1 version with no mods applied.

Ideas?

Last edited:

fa7592

Jul 14, 2012
Hi guys I was curious about a couple of things. Just wanna say that I tried searching for these issues but wasn't successful, I don't know if there is any other place I'm supposed to search.

Anyway, the first thing is something I was just curious about, I haven't actually had any issues relating to this, but how does the FM radio feature work? Or how is it supposed to work anyway?

And secondly I was wondering if there was a way to change the default vibration for the messaging and email apps. I know you can record custom vibration patterns but I've found that only the phone app gives me the option to change vibration pattern. Is there any known way to change vibration patterns for messaging and email

Thank you

AndroidChicago

Dec 8, 2012

Has anyone noticed that after a reboot you lose the animation on the lock screen swipe circle and the close "TV" animation when you close out your screen with the power button... I don't know if this has been discussed before but just thought it was odd... Any suggestions on how to get these animations back? D2VZW 2.8.13 nightly with Lean Kernel. Thanks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Hannibal226

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 13, 2010
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Has anyone noticed that after a reboot you lose the animation on the lock screen swipe circle and the close "TV" animation when you close out your screen with the power button... I don't know if this has been discussed before but just thought it was odd... Any suggestions on how to get these animations back? D2VZW 2.8.13 nightly with Lean Kernel. Thanks.

Check if the CRT animation is activated in settings > RootBox settings

CHEERS

Sent from my GT-I9100 with RootBox

---------- Post added 15th February 2013 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 14th February 2013 at 11:58 PM ----------

My ringtones don't loop. I typically use Thriller Three or Mildly Alarming but they sound once and that's it. I can't find a setting to fix.

I'm running the latest cwm and wiped everything coming from a TW rom. I flashed the d2vzw 3.7.1 version with no mods applied.

Ideas?

Hey,
I checked this and it seems to be related to the ringtones u choosed.
I've the same thing there but other sounds working well.

So u can use another ringtone which works or u go to "system > media > audio > ringtones" and copy this file to anywhere u want.
After this choose a media player which allow u to set a sound as ringtone, maybe this works.

Hope it's clear what I want to say :p

CHEERS ;)

thegreatscott

Sep 27, 2012
Miami

Ideas?

+1, on d2att, 3.7.1, clean flash using latest twrp.

NVM the response was posted just above mine, my bad! feel free to delete, sry.

Last edited:

AndroidChicago

Dec 8, 2012

Check if the CRT animation is activated in settings > RootBox settings

CHEERS

---------- Post added 15th February 2013 at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 14th February 2013 at 11:58 PM ----------

Hey,

So u can use another ringtone which works or u go to "system > media > audio > ringtones" and copy this file to anywhere u want.
After this choose a media player which allow u to set a sound as ringtone, maybe this works.

CHEERS ;)

I don't know if I'm in the wrong spot?? I don't see that option...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360883434734.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360883434734.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 152
  • uploadfromtaptalk1360883444129.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360883444129.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 150

cr4ck3r4lif3

Apr 10, 2011
Seattle
Hey,

CHEERS ;)

The tones used to loop but would have to Google it to figure out how to change.

Quicker fix for me:
Opened up the ringtone in Audacity and added a new tag "ANDROID_LOOP" "true". Saved and pushed it back to system/media/ringtones and rebooted. It works now and a good enough fix as I don't deviate much from my ringtones. I just need something high pitched and annoying so I can hear it at work.

Thanks for your feedback.

Reactions: Hannibal226

thegreatscott

Sep 27, 2012
Miami
The tones used to loop but would have to Google it to figure out how to change.

Quicker fix for me:
Opened up the ringtone in Audacity and added a new tag "ANDROID_LOOP" "true". Saved and pushed it back to system/media/ringtones and rebooted. It works now and a good enough fix as I don't deviate much from my ringtones. I just need something high pitched and annoying so I can hear it at work.

Thanks for your feedback.

Brudda, I did something similar using audacity; I processed and looped the ringtones. They're lound and smooth, they sound pretty good, if I say so myself...
see if you like em:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrwkk03puez316z/WtyjnfpDnJ

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010

This is a superb ROM has everything you would need in a ROM. I wish the battery was a little better though, I'm running lean kernel but it still seems to drain fast. Owell great features make up for that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: AndroidChicago

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

RootBoxLogo_2.png

RootBox Support Thread​

Before you start please take some time and read the following...

Support Team

The team behind this thread:
    Rules

A few rules beside the general XDA-Rules:

• Only RootBox related questions and feedbacks
    • Respect everyone in here, especially the Support Team which use their free time to help you guys as fast & helpful as possible and keep this thread alive.
    • Read at least the last two pages before posting to avoid repetitive posts.
    • Have a look at the Help-Index before asking anything which is already explained.
    • Check the Known issuesbefore reporting an issue.
    • Check for newer versions and their Changelog to see whether a problem you want to report is already fixed

Known Issues

Inverted APPS

First of all, I would like to say that flashing inverted GAPPS is fully acceptable and it won't break anything. The issue is, some inverted gapps "devs" don't stop at inverting GAPPS. They go beyond this scope and also include other apps such as Phone, Contacts, Mms etc..

These system apps (Phone, Contacts, Mms etc...) Are built from source every time we build a rom and it does happen that we make several changes to them which makes them SPECIFIC to the rom you use. In the case of RootBox Mms, Phone, Camera and ROMControl are built with specific merges that other roms might not have. So what happens when you flash Inverted APPS? You're basically using an outdated/not fully compatible app with RootBox and you might even be missing some features. This is why I do not support anyone using inverted APPS.

Help Index

** Index created by Kubics and Hannibal

A
    Alarm
    How can I disable alarm icon?

• You can enable/disable alarm icon in statusbar in Clock > Settings.
    • You can enable/disable next alarm information on Chronus widget in RootBox Settings > Chronus > Clock and alarm.

B
    Battery
    How can I save my battery? (Without flashing anything or undervolt kernel)

• You can check all apps/functions which sync in background like GPS, Wlan or Social accounts (If not needed = disable)
    • Set the Brightness down (Settings > Display > Brightness)
    • Use dark (best black) theme & wallpaper & lockscreenwallpaper

C
    Chronus
    How can I place Chronus on lockscreen?

Look into Lockscreen section below.

Where do I configure Chronus?

RootBox Settings > Chronus. There you can configure Clock + Weather + Calendar settings. Note that all these settings apply to both homescreen and lockscreen Chronus widget.

How can I change color of Chronus widget?

You cannot ATM. You can only change color of standard clock. Or you can use theme which changes color of Chronus, e.g. Hue themes by Kroz.

D
    DPI
    How can I customize DPI?

There are basically two ways to do so.
    1. Change overall system DPI
      You can change overall system DPI by editing build.prop system file. We do not recommend to do that manually.
      Use some user-friendly app from Play store, e.g. Texdroider. But remember that you have to use multidpi playstore then to be able to install other apps without problems.
    2. Change per-app DPI
      You can use Per-App Settings integrated into this ROM:

First, all credits associate to Xposed Frameworks and Modules goes to Rovo89 for sharing his work and making it open source for everyone. You guys should all buy him a beer.

Steps to follow:
      1) Install Xposed Frameworks by going in Modules Management>Install/Update
      2) Enable Per-App Settings by going in Modules Management> Modules>Tick RootBox Per-App Settings (You should reboot your phone at this point)
      3) Setup your phone : Per-App Settings>Choose your app>Set DPI/Resolution/Tablet UI/Language> Press Save on top
      4) Your app should now display in your preferred settings. If it doesnt, kill the app and restart it or reboot phone.

My device isn’t supported in playstore after changing DPI

You have to use the MultiDPI-Playstore here from URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4534385"] “MyLifeRocks10”:
    => http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1839871

Data
    I can't find the Data toggle!?

It's renamed to "signal".

E
    Expanded Desktop
    Can I use Expanded desktop on this ROM?

Yes. Enable it in RootBox Settings and switch it on or off in Power menu.

F
    Flashing
    How to flash this ROM?

It depends on your starting position. Here are possible options:
    Option 1: Updating RootBox with stable/nightly version without major changes - Without Full Wipe
    1. Download ROM and put it on internal sd card
    2. Go into recovery mode
    3. Then flash RootBox
      -- install .zip from sd card > choose .zip from internal sd card
      -- select RootBox.zip and flash it
    4. Then flash Gapps
      -- select gapps.zip and flash it
    5. Recovery > wipe cache partition (optional)
    6. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache (optional)
    7. Reboot and you are done!
    Option 2: Coming from another ROM or updating RootBox version with major changes or having strange problems - With Full Wipe
    2. Go into recovery mode
    3. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
      -- wipe data/ factory reset
      -- wipe cahe partition
      -- advanced > wipe dalvik cache
      -- mount and storage > format data/system/cache
    4. Then flash RootBox
      -- Select RootBox.zip and flash it
    5. Then flash Gapps
    6. Recovery > wipe cache partition
    7. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    8. Reboot and you are done!
    Option 3: Coming From Stock ROM (Samsung firmware, no root)
    => Root and Backup
    1. Root your phone and install latest CWM/TWRP Recovery
    2. Make a nandroid backup of your Samsung ROM
    => Now start the process to flash Rom.
    2. Go into recovery mode
    3. DO A FULL WIPE!!! (This won’t effect data of internal or external sd-card)
      -- wipe data/ factory reset
      -- wipe cahe partition
      -- advanced > wipe dalvik cache
      -- mount and storage > format data/system/cache
    4. Then flash RootBox
      -- select RootBox.zip and flash it
    5. Then flash Gapps
    6. Recovery > wipe cache partition
    7. Recovery > advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    8. Reboot and you are done!

G
    GAPPS
    Do I have to flash GAPPS with ROM?

Yes.

What version of GAPPS should I download?

Currently you need GAPPS 20121212 for RootBox version >3.2 based on Android 4.2.1. If you for any reason want to install RootBox based on Android 4.1.2, i.e. version 3.2 and lower, install GAPPS 20121011. You can check here for latest GAPPS for different Android versions: http://goo.im/gapps.

L
    Lockscreen
    How do I get shortcuts on my lockscreen?

RootBox Settings > Shortcuts.

How do I put Chronus on my lockscreen instead of standard clock?

You have to drag clock on lockscreen. It will allow you to remove it. Then you can add Chronus or any other widget instead.

How do I make Chronus show my Weather and Calendar on lockscreen?

Rom Control > Lockscreen > Minimize Lockscreen Challenge.

How do I unlock faster when Minimize Lockscreen Challenge is enabled?

Rom Control > Lockscreen > Enable longpress to unlock.

N
    NavBar
    How do I change NavBar Color?

Hybrid Settings>Interface> NavBar Color .

How do I enable NavBar transparency?

Rom Control>GeneralUI>Statusbar and navigation bar opacity.

Nightlies
    What is Nightly? Should I flash Nightly or latest Stable version?

There is no major difference. Nightlies are "unofficial" builds that are built almost everyday for everyone to try builds with the latest sources merged to RootBox. For noobs/average user, this is not necessary because they live in a bubble where they feel more comfortable flashing an "official" release than a nightly, but at the end, it all breaks down to just a differentiation of name. So if you don't know what a nightly is, don't flash it and don't bother asking.

S
    Statusbar
    How do I enable Status Bar transparency?

Rom Control>GeneralUI>Statusbar and navigation bar opacity.

What is fast toggle in Status Bar Toggles?

This will allow you to swipe from the right or left side of your statusbar (depending on what you choose) and it will go to your quick settings bypassing any notifications.
    They won't build until bajee is done merging stuff it's been like this for a week. He's purposely not allowing them to build

I'm not purposely breaking builds. I just don't have the time to finish merging what I started since I'm in the middle of examination period in university. You have a funny way of describing the situation as if I didn't want you guys to build.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    I just sync and build, don't know much about bug fixing though :( that's Bajee's expertise :)

I'll fix it tomorrow after my exam. Latest should be sunday.
    Thanks for taking on building for us! Do you have any plans for d2tmo?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I can compile for tmo tomorrow as well. Heck for now until Bajee comes back i'll compile for d2vzw, d2att, and d2tmo :) I will NOT be cherry picking anything into them, it'll be whatever comes from Bajee's repo.
    Anyone else notice Noba and Pie settings are not buddys? Messed with my settings for sure (Can turn them all off) but hmm whats the point of pie settings? its slick and cool ya but ... whats the point? just to use expanded desktop right? isn't that sorta like nav bar? cracked out

Then don't use it dude. I've seen you post everywhere, and all you do is comment about how things are useless/broken/bad or not working for you with every rom. If you think it's the same thing as navbar+navbar ring, then use that instead. That's why there's always options to turn things off.