[ROM][4.2.2]SlimBean -mako- [STABLE] [Build 8] [8-5-13]

Search This thread

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]SlimBean -Mako- 1.1[16/02/13]

So its OK for you guys to A) Post a screenshot showing your using 1.3 (I assume for testing purposes but why post a screenshot) B) Provide advice to someone using that same screenshot which is totally useless to us considering were ALL still on 1.1?
Its OK.. I'll see if Paranoid fixes my connection issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

The screenshot was to show that we are on 4.2.2 because another guy asked if we would update to it.
And because another guy wondered why we're using Franco's r85 kernel which is for 4.2.2 ROMs.

Last edited:

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8

The screenshot was to show that we are on 4.2.2 because another guy asked if we would update to it.
And because another guy wondered why we're using Franco's r85 kernel which is for 4.2.2 ROMs.

The conversation was actually about battery life and you suggested using r85 which was pretty useless to him and is the reason why he questioned the version you quoted...
Edit: You can see as plain as day you knew what you were doing by simply posting a screenshot and then just a "wink"... It had no relevance and you knew it.. Sorry for thinking that you were showing us a teaser and 4.2.2 would be released soon. Like I said, I'll try alternatives for now.

Last edited:

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
The conversation was actually about battery life and you suggested using r85 which was pretty useless to him and is the reason why he questioned the version you quoted...
Edit: You can see as plain as day you knew what you were doing by simply posting a screenshot and then just a "wink"... It had no relevance and you knew it.. Sorry for thinking that you were showing us a teaser and 4.2.2 would be released soon. Like I said, I'll try alternatives for now.

I didn't suggest anything.

Of course it was a little teaser/status update.
In addition it was the answer to his question which was why prbassplayer was using r85. No idea why that's such a problem for you.
Beside that's it's not like you couldn't compile our ROM yourself if you wanted.
Which means 4.2.2 is sort of already released to the public.

Sure feel free we force nobody to use our ROM.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

hello

is here anyone who have a kernel thats based on 4.2.2 with this Rom? it works well?

You can use 4.2.2 kernels with 4.2.1 ROMs.
However if you do, your sensor won't be working.
Which means your auto brightness, screen of while in a call, auto rotate won't work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Junglist86

manjee

Dec 10, 2010
Lyon
OnePlus 7

I didn't suggest anything.

Of course it was a little teaser/status update.
In addition it was the answer to his question which was why prbassplayer was using r85. No idea why that's such a problem for you.
Beside that's it's not like you couldn't compile our ROM yourself if you wanted.
Which means 4.2.2 is sort of already released to the public.

Sure feel free we force nobody to use our ROM.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 PM ----------

You can use 4.2.2 kernels with 4.2.1 ROMs.
However if you do, your sensor won't be working.
Which means your auto brightness, screen of while in a call, auto rotate won't work.

I use latest Franco r90 with slim 1.1 with no issue. If I understood correctly it's the .48 baseband that f***s the sensor up.

Edit: xda app refuses to take my screenshot so you'll have to trust me on this ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Junglist86

Nov 10, 2011
AW: [ROM][4.2.1]SlimBean -Mako- 1.1[16/02/13]

@m_zet & odeccacccp

thanks for your feedback! all sensors works fine? maybe I try with intersectRaven Kernel, it's my favorite kernel

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk 2

rsafford

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro

Does anyone know a fix for android OS eating my battery? I already turned off location settings and went into maps and turned off location history. Are there any other notorious apps? Maybe Google Music?

uploadfromtaptalk1361834437687.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ansontyl96

Anrikus

May 14, 2012
Does anyone know a fix for android OS eating my battery? I already turned off location settings and went into maps and turned off location history. Are there any other notorious apps? Maybe Google Music?

View attachment 1760906

get [APP][2.1+][19 Feb. - V1.12RC11] BetterBatteryStats from the second post, read the third post for FAQ and how-to, create a log with betterbatterystats (at best over night, or when the phone is not used much).

If you don't get a hint from the log, post the log in the BetterBatteryStats thread, or if you wish I can take a look at it (but I'm not to confident in my analytic skills).

Reactions: jcubed

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009

From your screenshot I can see bluetooth and WiFi is on. When WiFi is on and not connected it can drain the battery while it's doing it's searches and picking up networks around you. I have a really bad case of this at work which I found was due to the network using IPv6 and we have lots of laptops on the network which keeps waking up my phone to search. If you can turn off your WiFi do it or use something like Smart WiFi toggler which you can find on XDA to control when your WiFi comes on. I'd guess having bluetooth on all the time will also drain your battery.

Did you click on Android OS and see how long it's actually kept your phone awake? The %'s aren't all that useful.

Reactions: jcubed

rsafford

Dec 15, 2010
OnePlus 6T
Google Pixel 6 Pro

From your screenshot I can see bluetooth and WiFi is on. When WiFi is on and not connected it can drain the battery while it's doing it's searches and picking up networks around you. I have a really bad case of this at work which I found was due to the network using IPv6 and we have lots of laptops on the network which keeps waking up my phone to search. If you can turn off your WiFi do it or use something like Smart WiFi toggler which you can find on XDA to control when your WiFi comes on. I'd guess having bluetooth on all the time will also drain your battery.

Did you click on Android OS and see how long it's actually kept your phone awake? The %'s aren't all that useful.

Actually, I leave bluetooth and wifi on because of my job. If I'm at my desk, I'm usually connected to the wireless since T-Mobile service is spotty in the building. If I'm not in the building, I'm probably in my car with the Bluetooth connected. Instead of switching on and off I usually just leave it on. just realized that I could probably try a smart app like juice defender.

I did check the awake time, but honestly forgot the numbers and didn't do a screen shot of that. I'll be sure to check if this happens again in Tuesday. Thanks everyone.

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
Actually, I leave bluetooth and wifi on because of my job. If I'm at my desk, I'm usually connected to the wireless since T-Mobile service is spotty in the building. If I'm not in the building, I'm probably in my car with the Bluetooth connected. Instead of switching on and off I usually just leave it on. just realized that I could probably try a smart app like juice defender.

I did check the awake time, but honestly forgot the numbers and didn't do a screen shot of that. I'll be sure to check if this happens again in Tuesday. Thanks everyone.

That's ok if you're connected to the WiFi, it's just when you're not other devices can and will wake your phone up. I never used to believe in the connectivity apps but the WiFi toggler is brilliant as uses the cell towers to learn your position and turns it on and off where you use it, in my case my house or any of my families houses. Hopefully you can sort yours out too.

Reactions: digivox

android88

Jan 21, 2012
Stable 2.0 WIP (changelog) is up!

Code:
[COLOR="blue"][B]Changes and Features[/B][/COLOR]
[COLOR="blue"]Full JDQ39 base
Replaced cLock with Shiny new 'DashClock'
Added slide before unlock
Bring back long press to toggle PW
MMS: Add Quick emoji to text input
MMS: Back to Android emoji set
Phone: Set my phone number
Added full hardware key rebinding (home+back)
Added Kill App/Expand Notification Shade/Toggle Expanded Desktop to hardware binds
Fully configurable advanced reboot toggle
Enhance circle battery and clock
Camera: Add software HDR mode
Calendar: Add snooze to events
Enhance T9 and search
Settings: Add forget all networks to WiFi
Notification: Limit notification sounds for interval
Camera: Add animation to mode switch
Sound: Add configurable volume adjust sounds
Notification: Add custom carrier text
Enhance electron beam control
Tons and tons of more fixes and optimizations
And a little surprise for the savvy ones :)[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Devices[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Blue"]I9100G : Samsung Kernel update
N7100 : Fixed WiFi tethering
SGS2/i777/Note2 : Update Mali drivers
d2: A2DP/Bluetooth updates
manta: Switch to Google Kernel

[B]Fixes[/B]
MusicFX FC
Batterybar UI glitch
QuickPulldown flips notification shade
Phantom QuickSettings toggle
Color picker issues
Recents apps panel bug
Camera not animating
Color picker in landscape
Recovery touch
Expanded desktop
Contacts call grouping
Alarm FC on update
Notification shortcuts spacing/tablet transitions
Choppy lockscreen on Low-mem HDPI
Lockscreen browser shortcut
Longpress NavBar Home not loading recent apps
And finally ASS to 'Advanced Slim Settings'!!!
i9100/i777: Graphic glitches fixed
manta: Bluetooth fixed
Fixed system and YouTube FC

[B]Known Bugs[/B]
I9100G : Statusbar freeze
Device specific
i9100: Touch Zoom buggy (use volume buttons to zoom)
i9100: WiFi Direct not working
i777: APN may take a while to load
i777: video recording broken
i777: WiFi broken
d2: Camera exposure not working (upstream)
d2: Camera HDR disabled (until exposure is fixed)
d2: Capacitive/Hardware keys shortpress can sometimes act as longpress (upstream)
[/COLOR]

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

as some of you may know, we have been working on 4.3 Slim pretty much ever since 4.3 AOSP code was released.... currently, these early Slim 4.3 builds are labeled as "alpha" but overall are pretty stable... im here to share with you one of our 4.3 builds so that you guys can do some testing for us and to enjoy ;)

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -theme manager fcs (disable themes provider)
    -few QS tiles have bad format

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/LCxI
    temporary 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/1nFO
    (4.3 libs with non-updated 4.2.2 apk's -
    the new apk's will be released with last 4.2.2 build)

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every litle bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),
    Yes the source is released and we're working on it.
    We'll release it when we feel it's ready to be released.

We'll ignore any further questions about 4.3 until then.
    ALPHA 2:

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -few QS tiles have bad format

fixes:
    -themes

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/3o2y
    new 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/jIUg

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every little bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1. you do not get the magical hint: without proper log we cannot do anything

2. a lot roms just left either half of the 4.3 merge or dropp many features. Both not the way slim is doing. And I think alpha3.1 is quiet stable

3. you know this is an alpha version?

4. whatever......we do not need to support that framework.....but we would look into it....no proper log...no solution

I do not know if you have in any kind an idea how much work it was to merge in 4.3 into Slim......complete AOSP changes were about 5 million line changes....alone frameworks_base over 2 million.....me and gmillz did it about 1 week night and day.....2 persons....sleeping 2 hours a day just to bring it bugfree up.

CM has the advantage to have power off a lot developers...other roms just drop features to get it fast up

and surprise surprise.....SlimBean has still all features and working and fully 4.3 merged in...and you do not believe it we did it that clean that a lot non nexus devices will get as well very fast 4.3. And that is the next point....we do not provide only nexus devices...would make our life a lot easier and we would have way less conflicts with the nexus devices

maybe you should think about it

and that after 11 days aosp released the source...unbelievable
    Halo is not coming, not the current way at least. What's in gerrit is not for public view, betas refrain from posting it. If we decide to include ( far from a decision ) you will see it in github our version of it. Let's stay away from the halo discussion. I don't want to read anymore about it.
    Thanks