[DEV]Samsung Exhibit II 4G(Tmobile)

Search This thread

afwolfpacked

Mar 6, 2012
Delran, NJ
exhibit II 4G

Just casted my vote. we are 4th highest right now in votes.
My roms I use is Xquizit v3.5 current rom. Couple lockups in 3 days use.
Peach Sunrise 1.2a never crashed in 2 weeks time.
Stock rom rooted by peach sunrise developer.
Installs are a cinch just backup for safty sake on external card.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Just casted my vote. we are 4th highest right now in votes.
My roms I use is Xquizit v3.5 current rom. Couple lockups in 3 days use.
Peach Sunrise 1.2a never crashed in 2 weeks time.
Stock rom rooted by peach sunrise developer.
Installs are a cinch just backup for safty sake on external card.

Thanks for that. I hope we're able to have a little place of our own before too long. Be nice to have stickies, reliable links, standalone topics, etc.

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Amen ツ

ⓥⓘⓐ ⓔⓘⓘ4ⓖ
ⓡⓤⓝⓝⓘⓝⓖ ⓧⓠⓤⓘⓩⓘⓣ 3.7 ⓐⓚⓐ 3.5 ツ

afwolfpacked

Mar 6, 2012
Delran, NJ
rom 3.7 XquiziT

Has anyone else useing this rom experienced lockups. I downloaded 3.7 flashed and it shows as 3.5 and a few lockups. love the gui interface and speed it produces though. as for most stable rom I have used hands down with peach sunrise 1.2a. i am a slave to the gui glitter lol.
Love to see our own forum as well.

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Xquizit 3.9 is up ツ

ⓥⓘⓐ ⓔⓘⓘ4ⓖ

bomberbadj

Dec 12, 2011
Apologies for the noob question, guys, but I keep getting the following when I run CWM (5.5.0.4).

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

How do I fix?

I've previously ignored this and have been able to flash each version of Peach Sunrise successfully as they came out. But my nandroid backups are hit and miss - sometimes it backs up successfully, sometimes it fails. Not sure if they're connected to these errors.

Thanks in advance for your help, all!

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
Hey jocala, I have a question to ask. I was on the cm9 kang ROM (the first release) and I odin flashed from it so I could go back to other ROMs, but now I'm somehow stuck in a boot loop between the flashing samsung text and the green android (soaring animation)...I've tried reflashing with odin, but same problems are occuring. Can you stab a guess at what I might be doing wrong? I've switched to other ROMs before from cm9..except those times, I didn't install that reloaded ICS skin mod..do you think that could be the cause of this dilemma?

Thanks.

jocala

Jul 4, 2010
Ocala
Hey jocala, I have a question to ask. I was on the cm9 kang ROM (the first release) and I odin flashed from it so I could go back to other ROMs, but now I'm somehow stuck in a boot loop between the flashing samsung text and the green android (soaring animation)...I've tried reflashing with odin, but same problems are occuring. Can you stab a guess at what I might be doing wrong? I've switched to other ROMs before from cm9..except those times, I didn't install that reloaded ICS skin mod..do you think that could be the cause of this dilemma?

Thanks.

Just as a guess, Odin does not clear your /data partition. Perhaps a conflict between CM9 /data and stock ROM? See if you can get to recovery to wipe.

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
Just as a guess, Odin does not clear your /data partition. Perhaps a conflict between CM9 /data and stock ROM? See if you can get to recovery to wipe.

see the thing is, the recovery is back to stock of the phone..so no more cwm, is there any way to get to recovery? I'm so worried..

if possible, could we chat on your irc channel please? ..

Last edited:

afwolfpacked

Mar 6, 2012
Delran, NJ
gonna look for 3.9

Would love to test XquiziT 3.9 si I will hunt for the download to install tonight.

As for the log problems. never had them but I always do clean installs and do nandroud backups in case. never needed them as well. I would reflash peach but prior to that do a clear of cache and davlik after flash wipe davlik again. in my opinion it is most stable rom out there. not flashy but really reliable.

many thanks goes out to developer on peach.

Last edited:

dswaggz

Jun 12, 2010
Hey I just opened xquizit 3.9 where's the play store

ⓥⓘⓐ ⓔⓘⓘ4ⓖ

lolitsjae

Dec 1, 2011
Houston/Austin, TX
Stock recovery should do the trick for a wipe.

that's exactly what I thought and I've ran the odin flash to stock multiple times, and still the same answer..only if I could access the recovery menu..

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

You should be able to install CWM through Odin or take the ZIP of it and flash it through stock recovery.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

could you please guide me on those please? I'm really not sure which files to use..

afwolfpacked

Mar 6, 2012
Delran, NJ
found 3.9

Should I do superwipe prior to 3.5/3.7 - 3.9. Cache wipes go without saying as well as backup. just curious because i read somewhere not needing superwipe comeing from Xquizit to XquiziT.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    24g7kef.jpg

*Samsung Exhibit II 4G Development Thread*

Contents:

Intro

1- Rooting Your Exhibit II 4G(How-To w/drivers)

2- Device Tweaks and Useful Software

3- Roms

4- Download Samsung SGH-T679 Source Here

5- Want to go back to stock? View THIS thread...

6- Download TitaniumBackup.zip and unzip it in the root of your /sdcard. Use Titanium Backup to restore the stock System Apps if you need them. (This is in the case you "accidentally" delete them and want to restore stock system apps)

7- Want to learn how to theme and customize? Click Here

8- ClockWorkMod(CWM) 5 Recovery(display fixed) by jocala Download

Extract the zip to your sdcard(internal) and not external_sd

*Flash Recovery via adb*

adb shell
    su
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
    reboot recovery

*NOTE* the part of the "dd" command "mmcblk0p13" includes a ZERO(0) and not an o.

Hi and welcome to the "Semi-Official" Samsung Exhibit II 4G Development thread! Please keep in mind that all Info/Links/Roms/Kernels, etc. will be updated frequently as this is a Work In Progress[WIP].

This thread has been created for Development Chat Only! Please keep all questions not related to direct development in the thread located HERE. Thank You for your cooperation!

Now let's get to the Good Stuff!!

*1*
    Rooting Your Exhibit II 4G(How-To w/drivers)

Fortunately we have been able to gain root access using the Zerg Rush method. Use the instructions below to gain root on your Exhibit II 4G.

A. Download SGH-T679 USB Drivers(I have hosted them for you)

B. Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Exhibit II by going to Settings/Applications/Development and checking USB debugging.

C. Go ahead and unzip the USB drivers from section A and plug in your Exhibit II to the Computer.

D. When the "Installing New Hardware" or "Installing Drivers" notification comes up, please direct your computer to the unzipped directory. *Some with Windows 7 will not have to worry about this as your computer will automatically install the correct drivers*

E. Download Zerg Rush Root.zip(I have hosted it for you)

F. Unzip Zerg Rush Root.zip and run the batch file(runme.bat)

G. Sit back and watch as your Exhibit II 4G is rooted!

*2*
    Device Tweaks and Useful Software

A. Getting Rid of Stock Software or "Bloatware"
    1. swonsay's Remove Bloatware Script Find it HERE
    2. System App Remover(Not free $1.02, but it works well)
    3. Titanium Backup * root(free)

B. Apps that are "Safe to Remove"

-AnalogClock.apk
    -Browser.apk(Only if you use an alternative browser i.e. Opera Mini, Dolphin Browser/HD, Firefox)
    -Dlna.apk
    -DownloadProviderUI.apk
    -DualClock.apk
    -DualClock.apk
    -IQ-tmobile-release-signed-zipaligned-v1.1....
    -JobManager.apk
    -KiesAir.apk
    -MobileBackup-unsigned_v3.3.02.apk
    -MyFiles.apk(Only if you have an alternative File Browser i.e. Astro File Manager)
    -SamsungWidget_Program...
    -Swype.apk
    -TetheringManager2.apk(Only if you don't use T-Mo's tethering service)
    -TouchWizCalendar.apk
    -TouchWizCalculator.apk
    -TwCalendarAppWidget.apk
    -VideoPlayer.apk(Only if you have an alternative video player i.e. Mx Video Player which I recommend as it plays all video formats and uses the Hardware Acceleration on our phone)
    -VoiceRecorder.apk
    -WiFi-Calling.apk(If you don't use it)
    -ZinioSettingsProvider.v2.03.3331.TMobile....
    -sihome-signed-tmo-android-8.apk
    -talkback.apk
    -tmobile_m4m_3_0_15.signed...
    -vvm-signed.apk

....more to come

*3*
    Roms

Peach Sunrise By Jocala

RebelROM 1.41 By bpear96

d0362c99-c116-2526.jpg

d0362c99-c131-3591.jpg

d0362c99-c14f-d1d5.jpg

d0362c99-c164-fec4.jpg

Please stay tuned for updates and additions

Don't forget to vote for the Exhibit 2 4G in the Device Forum Voting Thread
    Reserved

Meet the Exhibit II Dev Team:

KemikalElite Samsung Exhibit II Wiki Editor

bpear96 Rom Dev RebelRom

VanillaTbone ICS Dev/apk Dev

Edubyah Deodexed Stock Roms/Themes

swonsay Bloatware removal script/Kernel Dev

jocala Rom Dev/CWM 5 Dev Peach Sunrise Rom/ClockworkMod 5.5.0.4

s0unds Kernel Dev

We would like to invite you to join us on IRC by pointing your IRC Software to irc.geekshed.net and join the channel #exhibit2dev.

If you need help using ADB(Android Debug Bridge) please download my ADB for "Dummies" Guide and install my ADB AIO(All In One) application which installs the Android SDK and sets up ADB for you.... See Below V

uosd4.png

ADB for Dummies Guide

ADB for Dummies AIO(All In One) App'

If you use my guide and/or app, please THANK me...

File Hosting is brought to you by:​
    mediafire.jpg
    Cyanogenmod 9 ICS

With arco68's guidance, this weekend I've successfully build CM9 and booted it on the Exhibit II 4G. It's by no means usable, and won't be until I build a suitable kernel and do further testing. I'll be starting on that next week. This may never reach release, but I wanted to let you know that it was being worked on. Wish me luck, and please don't bug me for updates or etas. I'll post more about CM9 when I have more to say.
    progress

Some progress.

CM9 is booting with a proper T679 kernel, wifi works, calling works, google apps work. Timezone incorrect, camera broken.

Edit: sms/mms works. GPS works. 3G/4G works.

About screen attached.
    I'm sorry to see that my efforts to do radical things like posting Galaxy Exhibit cm9 questions in the Galaxy Exhibit cm9 thread, and moving other conversation to threads where the OP has information updated with info useful to new users rather than threads abandoned by the OPs,are met with scorn and snark.

I made multiple requests to XDA mods to have the abandoned legacy ("dead") threads ownership transferred to someone who would do basic upkeep. I suggested KemikalElite. It was promised but never happened. So, anyway, I'm done. Do what you like.