[ROM] Team EOS cornerstone builds.

Search This thread

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
This thread is purely for discussion on the Team EOS cornerstone builds.

A couple of notes.

1) These are completely unsupported. (Hence this thread being in the discussion forum)
2) Cornerstone builds are roms - not updates to a nightly build. Saying something like "I'm running Cornerstone wingray #17 with wingray nightly #90" is pointless. You only need to install cornerstone and then the google applications.
3) Always state what device and build # you're using - this thread is for 4 different types of Xoom on potentially different build numbers - AVOID CONFUSION. Not everyone knows what device you have.
4) You're welcome to say your experiences about the rom here including issues, however do not be insulted if I never reply to issues or bug reports. Remember these builds are unsupported.
5) Builds can be attained from http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/cornerstone
6) Please don't file bug reports for cornerstone.
7) If you're using cornerstone, please don't post in the official nightly build threads about your issues. This only confuses people.

double1

Nov 13, 2010
I know they removed the switch between windows option because of a problem with Google. Would it be possible to go into their code and bring that feature back or to add it somehow?

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
I know they removed the switch between windows option because of a problem with Google. Would it be possible to go into their code and bring that feature back or to add it back?

Its very possible to add the code back. But keep in mind, it was likely taken out for good reason. They wouldn't take it out simply to upset users; at least I like to hope not.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Err didnt you guys build it into a rom tho? Or your source? Im confused....
Any anyone of your team using cornerstone or going to keep these updated?
Cheers

Sent from my mind control device

solarnz

Retired Recognized Developer
May 23, 2010
Sydney
Cheers

I bring all the latest changes from our normal builds into the cornerstone builds.
I also keep cornerstone up to date.

Nothing has changed, I just would rather keep the normal build thread seperate from the cornerstone builds.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
I bring all the latest changes from our normal builds into the cornerstone builds.

Nothing has changed, I just would rather keep the normal build thread seperate from the cornerstone builds.

Cheers mate appreciate the hard work!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site

Yes, I agree with above....cheers for working on this awesome project

Most important updates I feel are;

1) stock browser works awesome in small pane EXCEPT many times when typing right into URL bar then pressing enter it opens up A SEPARATE stock browser app in the main pane....def a glitch

2) Google talk does not show bottom inch or two of conversations

(^I think these are important because they're Google apps)

3) maybe get a COUPLE game apps working? Practical ones like cananbalt?

4) getting normal desktop layout back after closing cornerstone. It stays squished in

5) implementation of switching panes. The usefulness and functionality of this rom will never be realized without being able to bring things from background to foreground

6) folders/dock inside the little panes'app drawers

7) im having immense wallpaper problems if i try to set any that aren't the default "wallpapers"

Sent from my Xoom using XDA

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
This is unsupported... So you kinda have to state these problems mainly to dev of cornerstone... If there are problems directly related to a xoom build and you can differentiate the two you may be able to post in correct build thread however this may not be necessary as others usually have mentioned most problems already... So really this thread can be used for tips etc or sharing of problems between us but cornerstone side problems wont be fixed by eos team.. Hence the tag unsupported thats my understanding of it now

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
This is unsupported... So you kinda have to state these problems mainly to dev of cornerstone... If there are problems directly related to a xoom build and you can differentiate the two you may be able to post in correct build thread however this may not be necessary as others usually have mentioned most problems already... So really this thread can be used for tips etc or sharing of problems between us but cornerstone side problems wont be fixed by eos team.. Hence the tag unsupported thats my understanding of it now

Where do you think is then most appropriate to post technical issues/concerns? Isn't there a developer working to make a wingray/stingray cornerstone rom that's pretty regular now?

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Damn.....was running stable for a day but now clock/wifi/battery indicator keeps freezing within 15 min of boot...

otis_bartleh

Aug 25, 2010
Martinez, CA
Yes, I agree with above....cheers for working on this awesome project

Most important updates I feel are;

Really? I thought the first post was pretty darn clear...

1) These are completely unsupported. (Hence this thread being in the discussion forum)

4) You're welcome to say your experiences about the rom here including issues, however do not be insulted if I never reply to issues or bug reports. Remember these builds are unsupported.

So you kinda have to state these problems mainly to dev of cornerstone... If there are problems directly related to a xoom build and you can differentiate the two you may be able to post in correct build thread however this may not be necessary as others usually have mentioned most problems already... So really this thread can be used for tips etc or sharing of problems between us but cornerstone side problems wont be fixed by eos team.. Hence the tag unsupported thats my understanding of it now

Well said...

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
Its very possible to add the code back. But keep in mind, it was likely taken out for good reason. They wouldn't take it out simply to upset users; at least I like to hope not.

It is my understanding that it was removed because most applications are not written to Android standards that allow them to be dynamically resized as is required for swapping windows. The CornerStone Devs recognized that in order for this feature to work correctly the app designers would have to rewrite their code, and that won't likely happen. Leaving the feature in would result in Cornerstone being unstable when used with these apps.

Personally, I would like to see it added back even if it means I could only use the feature with selected apps.

Edit: this is supposedly true with resizing the main app when the side windows are collapsed or expanded and may result in changes to cornerstone to eliminate this feature. I think that would be a mistake.

Last edited:

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Really? I thought the first post was pretty darn clear...

Well said...

Feel better?

Jesus this thread was created with intent to squander all the comments about the build to this unsupported rom, and then when I talk about it, I get mocked anyway...

This site can be really elitist and snarky oftentimes....its counter productive because not everyone who has interest and motivation to play with your toys will have the same acumen (im in pharmacy school and only delve into Modding for pure enjoyment)....I understand the build is not supported, im just venting about my feelings as there seems to be no relevant place to do so (not allowed on wingray forum, and the cornerstone rom board was moved to general and possibly into worthlessness

Seriously, its so taxing to interact with this site as a layman sometimes

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
It is my understanding that it was removed because most applications are not written to Android standards that allow them to be dynamically resized as is required for swapping windows. The CornerStone Devs recognized that in order for this feature to work correctly the app designers would have to rewrite their code, and that won't likely happen. Leaving the feature in would result in Cornerstone being unstable when used with these apps.

Personally, I would like to see it added back even if it means I could only use the feature with selected apps.

Edit: this is supposedly true with resizing the main app when the side windows are collapsed or expanded and may result in changes to cornerstone to eliminate this feature. I think that would be a mistake.

I agree....even if switching could only be done by explicitly choosing ones you know work or only ones allowed by rom it'd be better than nothing....

What do you mean about main pane resizing? That it causes problems and may be taken out?

REHolt218

Mar 31, 2011
What do you mean about main pane resizing? That it causes problems and may be taken out?

That is what I read. Some apps have problems with the main panel resizing. The alternative would be to have the two side panels "overlap" the main panel when they are extended instead of resizing. Not sure how serious it is, but I would be very disappointed.

With the applications that I run I am having very few problems with CornerStone on Stingray. The biggest one I am not sure if it is an EOS Stingray problem or if it is induced by Cornerstone. Whenever I reboot I have problems with both wifi and 3g/4g locking up. I sometimes have to boot 3 or 4 times to get it working. Since I rarely reboot it doesn't cause me much grief, especially since once I get it working I have no further problems until I reboot again.

Last edited:

otis_bartleh

Aug 25, 2010
Martinez, CA

Whatever man, calm down. I wasn't mocking you, and I am far from elitist. But the worst problem on any forums IMO is lack of reading prior posts. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was here for discussion as the first sentence of the thread says, not suggestions. ... deleted my own comments due to pointlessness ... All here enjoy this Cornerstone rom and Team Eos, so, lets just get back to it....

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

I've been having a bunch of issues keeping Cornerstone stable, but haven't done a clean install in a while, so am updating to the latest Cornerstone nightly and will go from there. Thanks to Solarnz for starting this thread!

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Whatever man, calm down. I wasn't mocking you, and I am far from elitist. But the worst problem on any forums IMO is lack of reading prior posts. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought this thread was here for discussion as the first sentence of the thread says, not suggestions. ... deleted my own comments due to pointlessness ... All here enjoy this Cornerstone rom and Team Eos, so, lets just get back to it....

Back to your regularly scheduled program...

I've been having a bunch of issues keeping Cornerstone stable, but haven't done a clean install in a while, so am updating to the latest Cornerstone nightly and will go from there. Thanks to Solarnz for starting this thread!

Try a full full wipe... Factory reset wipe cache n dalvik format system and only restore user apps without data if you can... I have had little to no real dramas doing it this way... I also set my home screen up on first boot so the alignment of apps are all good in the main window... Then i set cornerstone to not start on boot.. I just put the cornerstone app on home screen n launch when required.. I also set cpu to 1.5Ghz.. Try these steps and see how u go

Reactions: okantomi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is purely for discussion on the Team EOS cornerstone builds.

A couple of notes.

2) Cornerstone builds are roms - not updates to a nightly build. Saying something like "I'm running Cornerstone wingray #17 with wingray nightly #90" is pointless. You only need to install cornerstone and then the google applications.
    3) Always state what device and build # you're using - this thread is for 4 different types of Xoom on potentially different build numbers - AVOID CONFUSION. Not everyone knows what device you have.
    5) Builds can be attained from http://goo.im/devs/teameos/roms/cornerstone
    7) If you're using cornerstone, please don't post in the official nightly build threads about your issues. This only confuses people.
    I figured that may be the case just asked in case maybe there was a separate location for these builds..

Also.... Does that last statement mean you guys may have a tinker with the cornerstone code itself in future.... Please say yes looool ;-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I know cyanogenmod had been developing the cornerstone code. Unofficially I would say we'd likely just cherry-pick their work here. Simply, we are just focused on aosp for now and our plates are more than full.
    Cheers

Anyone else having corner 18 issues I havnt been home yet to download that sucker...

As a side note solar or bigrush: are there auto change logs up for these builds as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Any rom commits apply to the cornerstone builds as well. If we mod cornerstone, it should show on gerrit. But atm, were not messing with the cornerstone code. So I'd watch wherever cornerstone devs post their logs.
    Is there a way to get live wallpaper to work with cornerstone 20? I'm actually liking cornerstone and my matrix live wallpaper would make this perfect.

I don't use them, but think I remember reading somewhere Cornerstone disabled the live wallpapers??