Jelly Bean for US N8013 OTA downloading now

Search This thread

Nimel

Sep 2, 2011
www.niveamelo.com.br
Hi, meganoob here, I've never used odin, kies etc.

My 8013 was bought in USA, so I should be able to update it inspite of living in Brazil, right?

I'm trying via "software update" and I'm receiving the same message of "... try later" as many others around here.

My question is:

If I plug my device in a windows computer with kies already instaled, and if it recognizes the gnote and makes the update available , it's as simple as doing updates via wifi, as I already did once before, or I will have yo use odin too?

My specs are in the screenshot attached (gt-n8013, android v. 4.0.4, kernel 3.0.15-1081475 se.infra@SEP-106#1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Sep 13 12:03:56 KST 2012 , comp. IMM76D.N8013UEALI3 ).

Yesterday I went to a sammobile.com page via xda link, I was able to locate this firmware: celularsouth 2013 january 4.1.2 PDA N8013UEUCMA3 , CSC N8013XARCMA3 , it ofered to download it for me, but as I was insecure, I did not.

Thanks in advance,

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-17-22-06-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-17-22-06-01.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 263
  • Screenshot_2013-01-17-22-24-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-17-22-24-17.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 273

JasonGeiger

Sep 3, 2012
Wichita
Finally updated my wife's note through kies. Kies kept not responding but finally decided to let it sit and it finally worked. Think I'm gonna pick one up for myself now! Was torn between this and the nexus 10 but think I'm sold on the note now.

Sent from my Note2 running cleanrom 4

ExploreMN

Jun 23, 2007
Say, I would like to get my Note to update versus using Odin to flash JB on to it. The main reason is that someone said you can use Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper to keep/restore root access. Right now my system, when booting into recovery, says "Odin mode; Custom binary download: No; Current binary: Samsung Official; System Status: custom"

From what I understand you can't upgrade unless both custom binary download and system status both say "samsung official" right? Now I used the CWM flash method to root this currently. Is there a way to get back to stock recovery?

I mean besides wanting to keep root access, I have a whole boatload of apps installed and configured just the way I like and I would have to have to start all over. A lot of them were recovered with Titanium Backup and it would be a pain to redo all the configs and everything since you can't restore apps without root.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find an answer that doesn't destroy everything already installed on the system.

EDIT: Okay, gave up waiting for an answer...updated with Kies (standard update, not the emergency whatever). I didn't lose any apps, but root is gone.

EDIT AGAIN: Okay, verified the current method for root on 4.0.4 works perfectly with 4.1.2 so...all is well in the world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nimel

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Nimel;36850810 My question is: If I plug my device in a windows computer with kies already instaled said:
Where your device is physically located makes no difference. Via Kies or OTA your device is recognized by its region code (CSC) and model number. So a U.S. Note in Brazil should receive updates normally. If Kies offers you an update just accept it. If it doesn't there's no harm in using Odin. People that were having issues were having them because they were using a ROM for different regions that wasn't intended for their device; it had nothing to do with Odin. If you use Odin to flash a U.S. ROM on a U.S. device there are no ill effects and you'll still get future updates via Kies or OTA.

Reactions: Nimel

Nimel

Sep 2, 2011
www.niveamelo.com.br
Thanks! I was able to update using wifi, but your answer will help me in the future, with other new updates.

Thanks a lot for this and all the other great information you post at xda, BarryH_GEG!

mantrajt

May 3, 2009
Anyone experiencing faster battery drain than with ics ?

Enviado desde mi GT-N8013 usando Tapatalk 2

GalaxyBill

Sep 15, 2012
South Florida
Anyone experiencing faster battery drain than with ics ?

Enviado desde mi GT-N8013 usando Tapatalk 2

Yeah, I think I'm in that club too...
I was going to post about this last night, but here's what I did and it has improved greatly last night.

I went into Settings > App MGR>ALL
Disabled PEEL Remote
Disabled Samsung APPS Push
and Stopped Cisco WEBx

That seemed to really inprove the Batt usage. I will watch it today and see what I get.
Also on a different subject, this is the first time using my Logitech BT KB since the JB upgrade yesterday and the soft KB will not go away as I type and no first letter cap. Checked the settings and all looks good. Looks like another project for today...

Yeah, I think I'm in that club too...
I was going to post about this last night, but here's what I did and it has improved greatly last night.

I went into Settings > App MGR>ALL
Disabled PEEL Remote
Disabled Samsung APPS Push
and Stopped Cisco WEBx

That seemed to really inprove the Batt usage. I will watch it today and see what I get.
Also on a different subject, this is the first time using my Logitech BT KB since the JB upgrade yesterday and the soft KB will not go away as I type and no first letter cap. Checked the settings and all looks good. Looks like another project for today...

I would give it a couple days to let the ROM settle, then battery life should stabilize. Do a couple of reboots over the next few days, just like when flashing a custom rom.
Also, try this for your keyboard issue https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wparam.nullkeyboard

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: GalaxyBill

GalaxyBill

Sep 15, 2012
South Florida

midas69

Oct 26, 2011
I'm actually seeing better battery life. I did a full wipe when I installed.

EDIT: I just remembered, prior to this ROM I was running the German version of, first 4.1.1, and then 4.1.2. So I really can't comment on battery life compared to ICS since it's been so long.

I will say this, every device I've ever read anything on says JB is tougher on the battery than ICS. This appears to be related to Google Now. So if the battery life is bothering you I'd suggest you disable Google Now.

Last edited:

Hest88

Jan 9, 2011
So my husband's Note finally got the OTA yesterday. (Well, he didn't get a notification but when he went into Settings it was finally downloadable.) I'm so delighted to uninstall Kies. After my third download of it and then finally getting it to work with my download, it went all buggy when we tried it with my husband's Note!

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

kenpen

Mar 24, 2011
Dude i am still getting the screen lag after the update....anyone else having this issue
Also is there a way for me to revert back and download the update again

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts