How to fix GPS on HTC ONE X , bouncing , and lock problems on satelits ( Tutorial )

Search This thread

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
For those who have problems with GPS on HTC ONE X i make a tutorial how to fix this.
This method work perfectly for me,and for other users.
If you are not scare to open your phone fallow this steps like in tutorial.
Method 1

1: open your phone to reveal what is inside
2: pull up those connectors shown in photo
3: close back
4: everifing is fix

Method 2

Instead of pulling up thouse pin ,use a soldering iron and put some soldering on the spot where pins touch the antena .

THIS WORKS BECOUSE AFTER THAT THE CONNECTOR APLY MORE PRESURE TO ANTENA AND NOW THE CIRCUIT IS COMPLETE
Hope this will fix all your problem with GPS, WIFI, Signal
PLEASE GIVE CREDIT IF THAT HELP YOU TWO!!

Link with tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfH48nbCFE4&feature=plcp

I will put a link here that will show you how to open your phone corectly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ-nelmWAI in this is open only with hands
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-vdrbiBePA&feature=related here is open with right tolls

After you fix this hardware problem to be complete to lock on satelits follow this link to finish agps fix
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239713

I will attach a few screen shots with GPS test results after i fix the antena.
I will mentioned the sky was clowdly and it was raining

I m not responsible if anything happens with your personal phone
This method worked perfectely for me

Last edited:

danlat1415

Apr 18, 2011
UK
Excellent - this is the only thing that actually fixes this hardware issue.

I follwed your tutorial. Bought a pack of 5 plectrums off EBay for 99p to open the HOX like you did in the video.

Best 99p ever spent.
A lot better than sending phone away for 2 weeks only to hope it may be fixed.
Took 5 minutes, did it myself and don't lose all your data like you do sending it to HTC.

Last edited:

Kermagod

Feb 11, 2008
Planet Earth....
As I mentioned in another post, I had given up hope on my GPS, but didn't want to send off my One X due to root, custom ROM and stories of long waits without the phone actually being fixed.

This fix worked perfectly for me.

If you are having GPS problems and have the nerve, I suggest you try this.

Gabrielvl, thanks again.

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
Excellent - this is the only thing that actually fixes this hardware issue.

I follwed your tutorial. Bought a pack of 5 plectrums off EBay for 99p to open the HOX like you did in the video.

Best 99p ever spent.
A lot better than sending phone away for 2 weeks only to hope it may be fixed.
Took 5 minutes, did it myself and don't lose all your data like you do sending it to HTC.

U dont buy plectrums from me :)) ,just kidding
I m glad this help you 2

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
As I mentioned in another post, I had given up hope on my GPS, but didn't want to send off my One X due to root, custom ROM and stories of long waits without the phone actually being fixed.

This fix worked perfectly for me.

If you are having GPS problems and have the nerve, I suggest you try this.

Gabrielvl, thanks again.

Wellcome!!
I hope this tutorial will help and other users

Last edited:

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
Didn't really notice a difference for me (HTC One X Intl) and on top of that, i broke a wifi pin and damaged a network pin....
All seems to be working (GPS is still a bit weird), does anyone know if wifi will work properly on one pin and network on a slightly damaged pin?

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
Didn't really notice a difference for me (HTC One X Intl) and on top of that, i broke a wifi pin and damaged a network pin....
All seems to be working (GPS is still a bit weird), does anyone know if wifi will work properly on one pin and network on a slightly damaged pin?

You can try to soldering a wire from brocken pin to antena. If u can do that your problem will be fix. I know for sure becouse a friend happening the same like you and he fix with a wire

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
I dont have a soldering iron and i'm not gonna buy one just for a pin. I havent noticed any wifi problems, I still connect to 2.4GHz and 5Ghz and speed is still the same and with the network, its on 1 or 2 bars but i am inside and it usually is on that anyway and the GPS is not fixed, if anything, worse. But again, i am inside.

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
I dont have a soldering iron and i'm not gonna buy one just for a pin. I havent noticed any wifi problems, I still connect to 2.4GHz and 5Ghz and speed is still the same and with the network, its on 1 or 2 bars but i am inside and it usually is on that anyway and the GPS is not fixed, if anything, worse. But again, i am inside.

Make some test autside and come back with results.

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
If it would work properly on one pin, thew would only have one pin to start with.

You can try to soldering a wire from brocken pin to antena. If u can do that your problem will be fix. I know for sure becouse a friend happening the same like you and he fix with a wire
Soldering wires is not a good solution, they will act as antennae, which are a specific length tuned to the desired frequency.

Danz207

May 13, 2012
Melbourne
Outside the gps was pretty good, the wifi is only one one pin and i notice no difference. GPS gets about 20 inside (used to be about 25-30) and outside i get about 35-40 (same).

Hunt3r.j2

Jun 6, 2011
OH GOD GUYS PLEASE STOP this is the same thing that I saw back in the Desire HD forums, and it ended poorly for pretty much everyone.

Do NOT try this unless you are out of warranty, the GPS antenna connectors are VERY thin and VERY weak, and it is VERY easy to SNAP them!

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
OH GOD GUYS PLEASE STOP this is the same thing that I saw back in the Desire HD forums, and it ended poorly for pretty much everyone.

Do NOT try this unless you are out of warranty, the GPS antenna connectors are VERY thin and VERY weak, and it is VERY easy to SNAP them!

You are right..,is not a easy job to do. I manage to do that becouse i have some experience with hardware,and i know wend to STOP ,not pulling to much...
Bat for those who have problem with GPS and ,the phone is not in waranty is a chance to fixit.
ONE MORE TIME TRY NOT TO BROKE ANYTHING

dryan433

Nov 28, 2010
Uk
Android Automotive OS
Can't believe it I was about to take my phone back in as my GPS had fully stopped working did this as I'm experienced enough to do such fix and my GPS is back again thanks for the post been a life saver :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
Can't believe it I was about to take my phone back in as my GPS had fully stopped working did this as I'm experienced enough to do such fix and my GPS is back again thanks for the post been a life saver :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Exactly what i say..,if u make with precaution what is in tutorial,nothing is going to be wrong,and u fix GPS

Last edited:

benito80

Nov 2, 2012
Hello,

i registered to this forum to thank you.

My GPS what not working at all from months. I did exactly what you descibe and it's now OK.

I must warn everibody because opening (and reclosing) a HTC One X is very touchy. So do it only with experience. At a moment i was thinking i would have to buy a new HTC but a manage to reclose it properly.

Bye !

gabrielvl

Sep 3, 2010
Ramnicu Valcea Romania
Hello,

i registered to this forum to thank you.

My GPS what not working at all from months. I did exactly what you descibe and it's now OK.

I must warn everibody because opening (and reclosing) a HTC One X is very touchy. So do it only with experience. At a moment i was thinking i would have to buy a new HTC but a manage to reclose it properly.

Bye !

Sow now everythink is ok with your GPS
And you dont make any damage to your device.??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For those who have problems with GPS on HTC ONE X i make a tutorial how to fix this.
    This method work perfectly for me,and for other users.
    If you are not scare to open your phone fallow this steps like in tutorial.
    Method 1

1: open your phone to reveal what is inside
    2: pull up those connectors shown in photo
    3: close back
    4: everifing is fix

Method 2

Instead of pulling up thouse pin ,use a soldering iron and put some soldering on the spot where pins touch the antena .

THIS WORKS BECOUSE AFTER THAT THE CONNECTOR APLY MORE PRESURE TO ANTENA AND NOW THE CIRCUIT IS COMPLETE
    Hope this will fix all your problem with GPS, WIFI, Signal
    PLEASE GIVE CREDIT IF THAT HELP YOU TWO!!

Link with tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfH48nbCFE4&feature=plcp

I will put a link here that will show you how to open your phone corectly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ-nelmWAI in this is open only with hands
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-vdrbiBePA&feature=related here is open with right tolls

After you fix this hardware problem to be complete to lock on satelits follow this link to finish agps fix
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1239713

I will attach a few screen shots with GPS test results after i fix the antena.
    I will mentioned the sky was clowdly and it was raining

I m not responsible if anything happens with your personal phone
    This method worked perfectely for me
    R
    Time will tell. I think it will come back over time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

If the problem come back use method 2 using a soldering iron

I totally agree.

I had a galaxy s before, gps was awful and a hardware fix was more than compulsory to have it working properly. A very dangerous fix (removing connectors, soldering an hope was involved in the whole thing).
    nothing's wrong with hox, fix is fast as it should once the proper area is set in gps.conf file. if you life in europe and have a north-america gps setting in gps.conf, just replace it with europe.
    Well I'm familiar with A-GPS' function but is that the only thing, or doesn't it have another function like, getting a location information not as sharp as GPS but a pre-start? I mean, I don't know how to write this just woke up :D It detects where the phone is, not street level but a pre-info which effects the actual fix faster?

Now I checked all night long and it cannot even tell me about where I am, I texted the operator like where am I, then can give an apprx. location. But none of the map apps can tell me in which city I am for instance. :) Like location server is not working at all.

Also it was not getting a fix on HD2, right after changing the gps.conf it fixed successfully, that's why I got my attention on that.

So, your opinion anyways. I have a hardware defect? How come it worked brilliantly for about 3 months?

Don't worry I understand you clearly, I just woke up as well. ;)

I am sorry, I didn't notice your older post when I replied to you.

About AGPS you could check this link: {Assisted_GPS}. It is not the same as tracking your location through cell towers (you don't need GPS for the latter one).

By the way, I am still on Android 4.0.4 and I checked my gps.conf it is pointing to North America servers as well (silly mistake from HTC as they keep us waiting and claiming that they are optimizing each update according to our CID). So, you could guess it's not the problem here.

I hope your HOX didn't develop a GPS problem (and I don't think it did)! Other than that, it could be a software bug and as you said "... and read that I should uncheck the 4 settings in locations menu (use GPS, google loc etc..) then re-enabled and it worked.".

Unfortunately this might not help your GPS (more like troubleshooting), but you could give it a try. First, try to disable everything on the GPS menu (uncheck them all). Now try to use only the GPS part (check the 2nd option). It should now take longer time to lock like within 30mins to 45mins. If it didn't work, check as well the first option (by this, you will end up with the first 2 checkbox's checked) it should lock now in less than 10 minutes.

I hope it's just a software bug ,and it start working with you, that's pretty much all that I could help you with.

Good luck. :)
    Ths conector GPS ??

Hi !

This Conector GPS ??

I have HTC One X A&TT