[Q] Do you have to install a ROM to get xposed?

Search This thread

Hemotherapy

May 5, 2011
Do I need to get a ROM with xposed on it or can I install it myself without one? This is my first nexus device so I'm new to this territory! Sorry for the newbie question

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Xposed isn't nexus specific so the same rules apply to any Android device.

The point of Xposed is to be able to apply custom features without having to change rom or edit your existing rom, so nope - you can use whatever rom is there now

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hemotherapy

Hemotherapy

May 5, 2011

The point of Xposed is to be able to apply custom features without having to change rom or edit your existing rom, so nope - you can use whatever rom is there now

Okay thank you - so don't HAVE to have a ROM right? I am on Vomers stock ATM so in theory I can just flash xposed on and done?

Just confusing because all the other phones I've had its just always been a part of the Roms I've used and I don't see one in the nexus specific Roms!

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Okay thank you - so don't HAVE to have a ROM right? I am on Vomers stock ATM so in theory I can just flash xposed on and done?

Just confusing because all the other phones I've had its just always been a part of the Roms I've used and I don't see one in the nexus specific Roms!

Xposed is an apk that you install. Then from there, you install frameworks. I've never seen it included in any rom.

Reactions: Hemotherapy

Hemotherapy

May 5, 2011
Okay - thanks for clarifying :) Was in my Atrix HD ROM and my most recent was team nocturnals GPE ROM for HTC one I just figured it was something a Dev had to do! Thank you sir!

Elluel

Jan 14, 2014
えうれる
Xposed is an apk that you install. Then from there, you install frameworks. I've never seen it included in any rom.

It's included in a few ROMs which are just small modifications of the stock ROM lol.. And they usually come with GravityBox which is kind of pointless and you might as well use a full AOSP/CAF custom ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Reactions: danarama

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
It's included in a few ROMs which are just small modifications of the stock ROM lol.. And they usually come with GravityBox which is kind of pointless and you might as well use a full AOSP/CAF custom ROM.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ah the sorts of ROMs I stay away from then ;)

To be honest, if you're including it with a ROM, it means you either cannot be bothered to or do not have the skill to add teh functions to a rom, in either case - perhaps you shouldn't release a "rom" hahah

Reactions: Elluel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Your device does, however, have to be rooted.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Sent from my Nexus 5

Ah the sorts of ROMs I stay away from then ;)

To be honest, if you're including it with a ROM, it means you either cannot be bothered to or do not have the skill to add teh functions to a rom, in either case - perhaps you shouldn't release a "rom" hahah