[FAQ][Buglist]P970 MIUI Port(by Frankenstain & Flatzki)

Search This thread

Jbpg102

Dec 24, 2011
Madrid
Hello.i found a little bug for contacts.i can't extract them to my sd card because it says that the file name is too big.and also the mail fcs when it syncs to check for emails.at least when it fcs i know i have mail..:D

Sent from my P-970 using Tapatalk 2

While that is fix you can use k9mail app, I find it much better than stock.

Adding to buglist.

Reactions: gsal

neurotr

Oct 31, 2011
Ankara
I cant connect sd card to the PC. It happened previous version of MIUI and after I flashed new version it's fixed. Now it happened again.

I think after I'm installing something It's happening. After I unplugged USB cable I got this confirmation :

"Screenshots and photos will be migrated to the SD card to free up memory..."
OK Cancel

Is it related with this?

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
While that is fix you can use k9mail app, I find it much better than stock.

Adding to buglist.

You are absolutely right.k9mail is awesome and it loads mails instantly.i haven't tried it before.as for the gps i can't explain how but it works fine for me now.i have a-gps off and wireless networks off as well.it is not as fast as in zeus but it is able to locate up to 8 sats and locks on all of them.no patch flashed and no app from market.
However in zeus it locates 12 sats with cm7 settings.i hope the devs will attach these settings not for me but for the others whose gps doesn't work at all.but i think that this is not a primary issue.it is more of a last moment tweak.right?i really love the rom by the way.all the theming is awesome.i don't get bored at all.

Last edited:

marxcie

May 31, 2010
Foursquare problem

I have an interesting problem. I use the latest release of MIUI (what is a great implementation and very good work!) on my Black. I'm in the center of East Europe, in Hungary. Geolocating is working fine in Google Maps, Latitude and Places, but its lost me while I'm using anything else like Foursquare or Facebook places. It's place me to the other side of the world, to Bogota, Colombia. Same results when I use GPS or not. Any suggestions?

Another question, some SMS conversations (but not all!) cutted into two parts, my messages and their messages are in different thread.

And a last one, I use different theme parts (for lockscreen and icons etc), and now the background scrolling not working. (I think, when I install this ROM it was worked.)

So these are my comment, keep it up, very nice work!!!

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
2.1A keep update?
Sorry,may be I should not ask this question

right now every single member that has the knowledge is trying to fix the bugs for ics/miui ics/cm9.thefrankestain said that they don't leave this project but i guess that put it aside for a while in favour of ics.hopefully when ics is more stable we will see some update here.until then patience:D

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
for all of you who face gps issues if you haven't already tried this change your gps settings manually in order to correspond to your location.go to gps settings and try changing NTP server address for your location based on this http://www.pool.ntp.org/en/
find your servers on the right side of the page where it says active servers.
for SUPL server address and port try some different such as:
supl.sonyericcson.com
supl.nokia.com
supl.google.com
7276(default)
lge.glpals.com
supl.spirent-lcs.com
i don't know if it is going to work but it will definitely NOT brick your phone.i tried some combinations on my phone but i already had working gps.i mostly noticed some differences in the of sats.
if by any luck that helped you all the credits must go to Ilko for this thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1529141&highlight=gps
since this is where i found the servers and basically the whole idea.

Reactions: Jbpg102

digitalfrost

Sep 22, 2010
I can't believe I only discovered this ROM now. MIUI is incredibly good, thanks so much for your work guys. Do you accept donations?

gusthy

Apr 15, 2010
Has anyone recognized the problem that during call the other parties complain about poor sound quality?

gsal

Feb 7, 2012
Sparta
Has anyone recognized the problem that during call the other parties complain about poor sound quality?

I haven't faced this issue.the only thing i noticed about calls is that if you have the invoice on max volume then the sound is too loud.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an auxiliary thread, created to help developers The Frankenstain and Flatzki with the porting of MIUI to Optimus Black.

Please check to see if your question has been answered here before pestering the thread in the development section. That thread is only to thank them, give support or any other specific request by the developers themselves.
    This will be updated with each release of their beta.

FAQs start here:

Q:Can I just ask all of these issues on their thread?
    A:I, as well as everyone else, will bash you and call you names if you do.

Q:Is this ROM good for daily use? how is the stability?
    A:This ROM is mostly ready for daily use, yes, some things remain to be fixed, but stability is really good, and so is overall smoothness.

Q: Does Hardware acceleration work?
    A:Not fully, video can't be recorded at 720p as of version 2.0 and lower video resolutions are color shifted.

Q: Does Camera(for pictures) work?
    A:Yes, fully and at all resolutions.

Q: Do Sensors(accelerometer, etc...) work?
    A:Yes, fixed in 2.0.

Q: Does this MIUI build allows us to pull down the notification panel from a fullscreen app?
    A:Yes, yes it does.

Q:I took a screenshot with the built in feature but I can't find it :( !
    A:If you're using 1.0 it's in the /cache folder (use a root explorer). In 1.5 (credit to gsal for noticing this) there is an error saving to the SD card and images can only be captured when the sd card is not mounted. The location they're saved in is /data/sdcard/MIUI/

Q:My carrier is definitely not a huge string of numbers, what do I do?
    A:Open up MIUI control panel app->statusbar->Carrier options and set the custom carrier to your liking(or just hide it).

Q:How do I change how the battery is displayed?
    A:Settings->System->Battery->Battery indicator style.

Q:Is the MIUI Theme manager working
    A:Yes, fully.

Q:Is GPS working?
    A:Not for me, as well as some other users, but developers say it does, so it might be device or location specific.
    Try this if it doesn't: GPS FIX

Q:Can I use Huexxx's kernel with this ROM?
    A:Since v2.1 it's already included.

Q:Is this ROM in my language?
    A:Yes, if it's one of these:
    • Deutsch
    • English
    • Español
    • Français
    • Hebrew
    • Italiano
    • Polski
    • Russian
    • Chinese

Q:What is the difference with that other MIUI rom from flatzki?
    A:That was a patchrom, this is a port, which gives the devs more control over their rom. As well as this version having less of CM7 (ie: no CM7 settings)

Q: Does it use Aroma installer?
    A:Yes, although no customisation is available as of v2. 1

Q:Can I switch music tracks with volume keys?
    A:Yes, it is implemented since v1.5

Q:When will this rom... ?
    A:Just wait patiently, the devs already know what is and what is not working and are troubleshooting those issues. Asking for ETA's is morally unacceptable (this applies to all of XDA too.)

Q:How is the battery life?
    A:Using only 2g and some wifi, I got easily 20+ hours with medium use, considering drain overnight is very low.

Q: Does USB mass storage mode work?
    A:Yes, It also remembers your choice for automatic mounting.

Q:Wifi is not reactivating after screen off
    A:Set the sleep policy to never sleep.

Known bugs:
    • Settings crash when you enter the menu to select 2g/3g data FIXED IN v2.0
    • Sensors(accelerometer, proximity etc..) Also causes the phone to reboot when ending a call, as pointed out by inso420. FIXED IN v2.0
    • Flashlight not working. FIXED IN v2.0
    • Full hardware acceleration for video camera [720p quality -> camera crashes, 480p looks like it records, but saves a corrupt file, other two save with a color shift]
    • Front cam not accessible
    • Clock app FC when setting a new alarm(it gets set though)FIXED IN v2.0
    • In VOIP Calls instead of the front speaker, the audio comes from the back speaker.
    • MMI codes not working.
    • Upon receiving an sms soft-keys light up in blue and only restore normal functionality on device unlock.
    • In Chinese, T9 prediction doesn't work in Dialer.(worked in 2.6 patchrom MIUI)
    • Setting an mp3/song as a ringtone doesn't work with the default settings, just with a third party app (music player) - credits to yuiq0504
    • Data traffic animation not shown. (not really indispensable)
    • Occasional "strange effect" on phone unlock.
    • Flashing the language pack disables haptic feedback for led buttons.
    • Status bar Force Close if home button is pressed during call.(found by 泊辰)
    • Sim card contact are not shown.
    • MIUI data monitor not working correctly (data appears as wifi, wifi is not counted).
    • Use phone as wireless AP(aka: Tethering)
    • Statusbar FCs when swiping notifications.
    • Stock email app crashes when there is new mail.
    • Frequent Google Play store Force Closes.
    • Setting language to Portuguese, on reboot stays on LG logo.
    A suggestion to everybody:

- When testing a ROM, DO NOT install any kernel/mod/etc until you are sure the ROM is running properly. If you do that, you won't know where is the problem, and that's a problem for you and an extra job for devs.

Regards.
    2.1A keep update?

right now every single member that has the knowledge is trying to fix the bugs for ics/miui ics/cm9.thefrankestain said that they don't leave this project but i guess that put it aside for a while in favour of ics.hopefully when ics is more stable we will see some update here.until then patience:D
    2.1A keep update?

Well, practically all of the p970 developers are working on the ICS ports, so for a while we probably won't see updates for this rom.

Sent from my LG-P970 using XDA
    Thanks for ur supporting. But, I've tried but ... You have another method such as share internet through USB.:(

I'm sorry I think that's not possible.
    Could you connect to a WiFi network using another ROM? I've had your problem happen to me before and ussually playing around with the channels solves it. Good luck.