xperiax10.awesome

Nov 20, 2010
Singapore
Issues After ICS Upgrade

As of now I can see these issues after ICS upgrade:
1. WiFi Issue [CONFIRM ISSUE]

2. Few applications opening Up-Side Down [GENERIC ISSUE WITH ALL TABs]
WORK-AROUND:
I have installed ORIENTATION CONTROL, it solved my problem, now I can play games on my Sony Tablet in desired Reverse Portrait Mode.
https://market.android.com/details?...jb2luc29mdC5hbmRyb2lkLm9yaWVudGNvbnRyb2wiXQ..

3. Creaking Voice coming from the tablet's back casing, its serious hardware issue, can't accept such CHEAP quality at such HIGH rates. [CONFIRM ISSUE]

4. Screen is Flickering. [CONFIRM ISSUE]

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THESE ARE REAL ISSUES or JUST FEW UNITS HAVE THESE ISSUES
I will go through the thread and confirm if any of them is actually an issue, let me know if I am wrong..

Last edited:

twistedcloud

Apr 25, 2009
I can confirm the Wi-Fi is an issue, it seems to disconnect if not in use for some time but also seems to try to reconnect when its suppose to sync with an online system.

I have yet to have any issues with my tablet Auto Dimming on me.

My Browser has crashed a few times but normally when I am running multiple Apps and normally a few other apps crash at the same time. The Social feed app from Sony seem to always be crashing on me now.

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
I can't. Say I have experienced any of these issues. The only issue I get is that every time I reboot I get a database update eroor for the sony music player and no music appears until about an hour later, despite it being in the native android music player.

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

SOCIAL feed app constantly closing for me aswell
Oh yeah I get that too, but I never use it and I still get messages popping up saying it forced close.

Jan 14, 2009
[Reserved for issues & solutions if possible]

As of now I can see these issues keep coming:
1. WiFi Issue
2. Auto Dim
3. Browser Closing Randomly (Stock browser as well as Dolphin)

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THESE ARE REAL ISSUES or JUST FEW UNITS HAVE THESE ISSUES..
I was having the wifi issue then found that by default it's set to turn off when you turn the screen off. Changed that to leave wifi on and now it's fine.
Also i've had no browser issues

reeser

Aug 4, 2011
Ditto with the social reader error even if not using it, also get a database error occasionally no idea what is causing that but nothing noticable seems to stop/crash.

adubrovs

Sep 18, 2011
I get force close when opening Crackle.
I initially had wifi dropping in stand by mode. I then upgrade to an N router and the problem seems to be solved. Although I dont think upgrading your router should be a solution. Mine was upgraded for other reasons.

D00QLE

Aug 15, 2010
Philadelphia
fanelia.co.nr
Im looking to find if I can uninstall social feed but nothing, yes it crash.
Autodim only affect me in a well lit room, exclude in the entire house.
I dont get browser crash often. But it hzppensx, no more now that I have dolphin hd
No wi fi issue tho,

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA Premium App

piflechien

Dec 18, 2008
I constantly have the "database indexation error" in the notification bar, when I copy file to the tablet.

Bojanglez

May 21, 2010
also get a database error occasionally no idea what is causing that but nothing noticable seems to stop/crash.

I looked at the what was happening when it happens via the ADB, I got the following....

Code:
W/SqliteDatabaseCpp(26820): sqlite returned error = 21 when trying to register logging func.
I/GenieMediaScannerService(26820): scanFinished()
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): java.lang.InterruptedException
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1280)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:219)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:82)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at com.sony.walkman.mediaapp.music.module.a.a.j.done(Unknown Source)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerSet(FutureTask.java:252)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.set(FutureTask.java:112)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:310)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1081)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:574)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1020)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): java.lang.InterruptedException
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireSharedInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1280)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(FutureTask.java:219)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:82)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at com.sony.walkman.mediaapp.music.module.a.a.j.done(Unknown Source)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerSet(FutureTask.java:252)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.set(FutureTask.java:112)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:310)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:137)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1081)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:574)
W/ModuleAsyncTask(26813): 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1020)
W/ActivityManager(  141): Duplicate finish request for ActivityRecord{40c19d78 com.sony.walkman.mediaplayers/com.sony.walkman.mediaapp.music.activity.ScanDialogActivity}

My guess is that multiple instances of the scan are occurring, it detects the second is a duplicate and pops up with the error on the screen. Meanwhile the original is running in the background, that is why eventually the App shows the music.

reeser

Aug 4, 2011
I looked at the what was happening when it happens via the ADB, I got the following....

My guess is that multiple instances of the scan are occurring, it detects the second is a duplicate and pops up with the error on the screen. Meanwhile the original is running in the background, that is why eventually the App shows the music.

Seems like that would cause noticeable lag on the device.

ps3taker

May 4, 2011
London
Just read new Skype supports tegra2 now. Wonder if it makes video Skype working on our tablet - I don't have it with me - could someone confirm please. Hope it does and that netflix will do the fix soon.

Sent from my R800i

ps3taker

May 4, 2011
London
Skype video is working now- update the app and enable video in settings and have fun. Hope netflix fixes their video soon too.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk

kl281071

Sep 29, 2011
hi, so is there a fix to this?
Also.....what else can I use to view photographs besides gallery

crh8

Sep 16, 2010
Yeah, I have the Social Feed force close happen quite a few times. It seems to happen when I try to open it, and it's pretty random. I also have the disappearing browser occur every so often. Other than that, I have not noticed any other major issues.

reeser

Aug 4, 2011
Hmm went in and cleared data on social reader/force stopped it, restarted it and redid my accounts and *so* far no random force closes. Guess Ill see how it holds up and whether that actually fixed it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update coming tomorrow - lets hope wifi gets fixed

http://sonytabletambassadors.tumblr.com/
    Issues After ICS Upgrade

As of now I can see these issues after ICS upgrade:
    1. WiFi Issue [CONFIRM ISSUE]

2. Few applications opening Up-Side Down [GENERIC ISSUE WITH ALL TABs]
    WORK-AROUND:
    I have installed ORIENTATION CONTROL, it solved my problem, now I can play games on my Sony Tablet in desired Reverse Portrait Mode.
    https://market.android.com/details?...jb2luc29mdC5hbmRyb2lkLm9yaWVudGNvbnRyb2wiXQ..

3. Creaking Voice coming from the tablet's back casing, its serious hardware issue, can't accept such CHEAP quality at such HIGH rates. [CONFIRM ISSUE]

4. Screen is Flickering. [CONFIRM ISSUE]

PLEASE CONFIRM IF THESE ARE REAL ISSUES or JUST FEW UNITS HAVE THESE ISSUES
    I will go through the thread and confirm if any of them is actually an issue, let me know if I am wrong..
    Those are 2 definite issues I noticed with the tablet as well.

It uses way too much power in standby, and wifi will shut off when the screen is off (even if you go into wifi options and tell it to stay on all the time.

Honestly I don't think there's a fix for either option. I'm hoping they'll be solved when ICS comes out, or if someone roots the device and we can start flashing custom roms.

And no. The SD card can't be used for the large storage files of any games. You can just use the SD card for bulk storage and access of files.

Sorry for all the bad news lol :)

Advanced Wifi Lock Free fixes the wifi issue and can be downloaded from the market.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk
    Open the window of Wifi setings. There is a point where you can check the disconecting of Wifi
    I bought one just yesterday, the 16GB version, so far I haven't noticed the browser/WiFi closing that has been described on this thread, but I will be on the lookout!

I was going to leave it at Honeycomb 3.1, but after buying my first game - Riptide GP - I ran the game and the graphics were buggy, saddly I didn't get a picture for this, but basically the water bike 3D model had a huge rectangle popping out of it, weird to describe, but the bike wasn't being modeled properly (!?)

Anyways, not having much else to do with it and zero hits for the issue on Google - I saw the update popup to 3.2 and decided to go with it.
    I wasn't planning on updating it before reading existing reports, but what the heck - went ahead with it.

It fixed the drawing bug in the game - I think resolution adjustments were also improved but not sure, and then I came here to the XDA forums to read about user experiences and saw this thread.

I've been using the tablet for about a day and a half really and so far it seems pretty rock-solid, performance-wise.

I don't seem to have Google Books in the Market, so I installed the Kindle App, I had read something about having to copy contents from SD Card/USB storage to the internal memory storage in order to open/play them so I was ready for that, I just didn't want some windows software like iTunes or something like that...

But fortunately that is not needed, the tablet can in fact read video files from the SD Card...! And you can copy the files to/from the card, drag & drop style!

Choosing the Copy application, instead of copying the file, there's an option to open it, and it works OK at least with the media I have here.

mkv HD media playback seems to have a slight issue with HW acceleration, posted a thread on that here as well but again, as stated on said thread, video quality is still smooth and good quality even if I select SW mode on the video player. Selecting HW mode is simply because usually it is better and, it's there, so it should work, right?

Overall, I think this was a very, very good choice, I was considering the Samsung Galaxy Tab or the Motorola Xoom, but the Galaxy had a noticeable lag on Honeycomb (don't know if that's been fixed in later version releases) and the Xoom just seemed to bulky for me.

The Sony is a little bit heavier but nothing to go home crying about, honestly, and the screen size for me is ideal.

Internal memory 16GB was a bit of a let-down because you get something like 4GB main internal memory (for the OS and apps) and about 8GB of secondary memory partition for your files, so you're missing a few gigs from the advertised 16 in the package.

But then there's the SD Card! I'm thinking of buying a 32GB Card and use it as additional storage, you don't need any special software to transfer files to/from the card, just drag/drop on the pc and you're good to go!

The mini-usb port next to the SD Card slot, someone already stated it could be MHL - both mini-usb and mini-hdmi, I don't know if it is, but I would like to be able to use it for:

1) transfer files from a USB storage (but not a priority for me, I don't think having an external HDD dangling away on USB to be practical, considering that 32GB on SD is quite a lot still)

2) connect the tablet to a samsung wide screen tv

3) charge the tablet via mini-usb / MHL port (whatever it is)

The Remote Control features are cool, I programmed by tablet to control our TV sets at home and the home cinema as well.

The remote control has a long list of device manufacturers, and in each, there are several pre-set profiles - but even if those don't work, the remote control can learn the IR commands from the orginal remotes!

Reading books, reading manga, watching videos, surfing the web, typing text (I can type away with both hands no prob), doing voice recognition commands, playing games...

I don't actually know if there are better offers out there, but this one so far has proven quite good!

Thumbs up, Sony! :D