Karbonn A15 (Android 4.0.4)

Worth your money and better than Ninja 4 (A87)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

prasad12ka4

R u sure bro have u tried or someone told u ?
And did someone do a battery drain test?
I want to buy this only if it gives me 7hrs of video playback at full brightness.
Does it pays 720p videos?

Sent from my Spice Mi-355 using xda app-developers app
Yes Tried Skype calling on WiFi and it worked well for me
My current Battery stats 51% now (1 day 19 Hours)
7hrs video play back? Not sure as this mobile also has auto brightness sensor which might take some juice.
Yes it plays ".avi" based 720p videos that too in mx player :)

rjunraj

Apr 4, 2012
surat
Originally Posted by rjunraj<br />
R u sure bro have u tried or someone told u ?<br />
And did someone do a battery drain test?<br />
I want to buy this only if it gives me 7hrs of video playback at full brightness.<br />
Does it pays 720p videos?<br />
<br />
<br />
Yes Tried Skype calling on WiFi and it worked well for me<br />
My current Battery stats 51% now (1 day 19 Hours)<br />
7hrs video play back? Not sure as this mobile also has auto brightness sensor which might take some juice.<br />
Yes it plays ".avi" based 720p videos that too in mx player :)
Doesn't it feel akward with back camera video calling ?
Do you use mirror?
And gogi said no 720p playback and i am sure he must have used mx player in his review.

prasad12ka4

Doesn't it feel akward with back camera video calling ?
Do you use mirror?
And gogi said no 720p playback and i am sure he must have used mx player in his review.

No it doesnt feel Awkward as for Video calls skype uses speaker, So I can hear the other person.
To see I needed to turn thats it.
Well I read what Gogi said.
Did you read what i said? ".avi" AVI format video. ".mp4" HD video doesnt work

Its orignal stock rom or not ...

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium

Which one?

vinodhse65

Dec 27, 2012
Annoying message coming in Karbonn A15

After few days of use the phone is fine. But I am getting the annoying ‘Successfully registered on karbonn server’ and it is not going until I restarted my phone.

Anybody in this forum can you please help me on how to avoid this

kalrocking

Nov 12, 2012
Goa
Below is for A87
It should work for A15
But try at your own Risk

Credit: itzmiandy for creating CWM. I have just created an installer.

Created an easy Installer for CWM.
Those who find it difficult for flashing through fastboot.

Steps:

1 Load all drivers on ur pc which we call ADB drivers.
2 Setup fastboot mode on your handset

Setting up fastboot:

Turn Device off
Volume Up button + Power ON button for 10 Sec
This will show fastboot mode is on (Green Color) let go the keys
(If ADB Drivers not installed, kindly do so by checking device manager if it shows some yellow exclamation)

3 Download and install CWM
How to Install CWM?

Extract all files from zip
U will see file named Install CWM.bat.
Run that file and now plug A15 to usb cable (it must be in fastboot mode as we did before)
Follow instructions on the DOS screen to make it load CWM recovery.
Your Mobile will reboot after installation is finished

Have you installed and tried this ???
as i am planning to install cwm .just let me know if it worked for you and also possiblilities to flash stock recovery inacase if it fails ....:confused::confused:

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
Try using the cwm of a7+, coz its different frm a7

Sent from my Mobiistar S01 using xda app-developers app
yes tried a7+ gives a white screen waits a little and reboots
also in the same category - micromax a86 and micromax a87

white screen but does not reboot - Micromax a57stock image, mobiistar s01, w619

hangs on red screen - karbonn a18, A70, and the recovery image i built on online recovery builder

any other suggestions - pls post a link and i will check it out

Have you installed and tried this ???
as i am planning to install cwm .just let me know if it worked for you and also possiblilities to flash stock recovery inacase if it fails ....:confused::confused:

as mentioned above does not work
i have already posted the stock recovery somewheres on these forums - dont have the link on hand - will repost later if someone requires

hello prasad and others - any other candidates to try for CWM mod pls post link with model no and i will try it out

prasad - my handset has a skewed gravity sensor and needs to be calibrated. but unlike other models there is no calibration in settings sensor calibration - know how i can calibrate it - i can do it at application levels where some apps will give method of calibration. cant do it where no option is provided by the app as in temple run where i have to keep the handset leaning to the right and down a little to keep the runner straight - not that i use it much but keeps nagging in the back of my mind

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

i think they love him:laugh::p

i would call them up and complain - the next resort would be to install a filter and block them out as i already have a call filter in place

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dmate.callfilter&feature=search_result

is a very nice call and message filter

arnabJ

Dec 18, 2012
Asansol
www.proficientapps.in
My Exprience with Micromax A87

People reading this keep one thing in mind that personally i havent used Karbon A15.

But I have sure used Micromax A87 n its not at all good. ram is tooo low. user available is only 160 MB that also only at the time of Boot after some time it gets even lesse around 100-115 MB. The mob gets hanged now n then with nothing to do except battery pull. It has Android 2.3.5 with no F.O.T.A. support.

So As per my exprience with Micromax A87, I would ask you ll to avoid that mob cuz u would be wasting ur as I did. you may or may not go with Karbon A15 but dont go with Micromax either.

If my post helped even a bit in ur search then press the thanxxx button. It would help me.:good:

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
People reading this keep one thing in mind that personally i havent used Karbon A15.

But I have sure used Micromax A87 n its not at all good. ram is tooo low. user available is only 160 MB that also only at the time of Boot after some time it gets even lesse around 100-115 MB. The mob gets hanged now n then with nothing to do except battery pull. It has Android 2.3.5 with no F.O.T.A. support.

So As per my exprience with Micromax A87, I would ask you ll to avoid that mob cuz u would be wasting ur as I did. you may or may not go with Karbon A15 but dont go with Micromax either.

If my post helped even a bit in ur search then press the thanxxx button. It would help me.:good:

thank you arnab i have had a similar or worse experience with the micromax a57, fortunately i could get rid of it after using it for around 20 days. the in phone volume is pathetic and the voice in the earpiece tends to cut, the proximit sensor misbehaved and what not.
well i have gotten rid of it at 3500rs (got it at 4700) still am happy with the loss of 1200

on the other side karbonn a15 is a very nice phone and apart from a couple of hitches - not bugs just hitches - it is perfect and although i got it for 5900 (plus the parking ticked of 200 i paid that day:) ) which the lucky few and the other one i bought for a friend on hs18 got it for 4450/-, i am still happy with it.
pros
- display is a good 4 inches
- ram is 388mb (??)
- internal storage of 2.5 gb
- ICS - (personally i dont think all these numbers at the end of android matter as i was happy with my gingerbread in my old phone as well)
- hardly any lag - runs temple run etc - plays 720 avi ( though not 720 mp4- it does but there is a lag and an unsynch )
- excellent battery backup, it was too good to start with but since i installed deep sleep today at 54 hrs (2.25 days) my battery shows 42% with moderate usage of phone - few messages and even a bout of temple run. ( too good !!! )

well no other problem

there are a few cons though i cannot say they are cons just hitches.
- vibration is a little mild - well never use it myself and wouldnt have noticed if someone had not mentioned.
- my gravity sensor is not calibrated and i cant find the setting to calibrate it (may be i am overlooking a setting - but i can find it in the usual place)
- for the life of us - we people on this board cannot find a compatible CWM mod - i know it is not a con but i like the facility to backup my system when is perfectly optimized and restore it as soon as there is some clutter or it shows signs of getting slow and a CWM is perfect for that.

im sure other can add a few points on either side - but all in all it is highly recommended !!!

prasad12ka4

Same here
Loved the display of A87
But had to part ways with it soon as the music player started crashing in the standby which pissed me off.
Then came A15, I got a super deal for A15 with giving off A87
Took the chance and happy now :)

thank you arnab i have had a similar or worse experience with the micromax a57, fortunately i could get rid of it after using it for around 20 days. the in phone volume is pathetic and the voice in the earpiece tends to cut, the proximit sensor misbehaved and what not.
well i have gotten rid of it at 3500rs (got it at 4700) still am happy with the loss of 1200

on the other side karbonn a15 is a very nice phone and apart from a couple of hitches - not bugs just hitches - it is perfect and although i got it for 5900 (plus the parking ticked of 200 i paid that day:) ) which the lucky few and the other one i bought for a friend on hs18 got it for 4450/-, i am still happy with it.
pros
- display is a good 4 inches
- ram is 388mb (??)
- internal storage of 2.5 gb
- ICS - (personally i dont think all these numbers at the end of android matter as i was happy with my gingerbread in my old phone as well)
- hardly any lag - runs temple run etc - plays 720 avi ( though not 720 mp4- it does but there is a lag and an unsynch )
- excellent battery backup, it was too good to start with but since i installed deep sleep today at 54 hrs (2.25 days) my battery shows 42% with moderate usage of phone - few messages and even a bout of temple run. ( too good !!! )

well no other problem

there are a few cons though i cannot say they are cons just hitches.
- vibration is a little mild - well never use it myself and wouldnt have noticed if someone had not mentioned.
- my gravity sensor is not calibrated and i cant find the setting to calibrate it (may be i am overlooking a setting - but i can find it in the usual place)
- for the life of us - we people on this board cannot find a compatible CWM mod - i know it is not a con but i like the facility to backup my system when is perfectly optimized and restore it as soon as there is some clutter or it shows signs of getting slow and a CWM is perfect for that.

im sure other can add a few points on either side - but all in all it is highly recommended !!!

RAM we get 388 MB cause the GPS, Proximity sensors, etc take away the rest of the RAM (Inshort the system)
Nothing to worry though

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
:)
not worried, observe i put that in the pros section

any other recovery we can try ...
i tried a few other variants - twrp recovery etc - no luck

hope there is someone out there who can compile a recovery for us
i dont have the expertise nor the system with linux 64 etc....

kartikoli

Aug 16, 2011
Keep on going bro .... and hope we get the recovery soon
Hats off to you for testing so many recoveries

Sent from my A15 using Tapatalk 2

ntstatic

Sep 8, 2009
Mumbai
Keep on going bro .... and hope we get the recovery soon
Hats off to you for testing so many recoveries

Sent from my A15 using Tapatalk 2

once you get the hang of it, it doesnt take much effort - the first mental block is gone where you wonder what will happen if you overwrite the wrong portion or partition. the only problem is that when the thing hangs on the red screen it requires a battery removal, which means prying the back open, which i dont like to do often.

Top Liked Posts