Please help. Bricked. cant enter download mode after 4.4.2

Search This thread

fmrtz

May 12, 2014
I flashed Malladus stock 4.4.2 rom on my VS980 but wanted to try AOSP. I was watching tv when I was wiping everything to prepare the AOSP rom flash. I accidentally formatted internal storage and now I cant restore my backup file or flash any other rom i had stored on my phone or go into download mode. I think I really bricked my G2 this time. If anyone knows how to fix this please help me out thank you!

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
On PhilZ you can use a usb drive to flash your rom... Or if you have a less functional recovery you can just use LGflash to restart from the start.. you are far from bricked dude..

fmrtz

May 12, 2014
On PhilZ you can use a usb drive to flash your rom... Or if you have a less functional recovery you can just use LGflash to restart from the start.. you are far from bricked dude..[/QU

I have TWRP 2.7.0.0. Which is the only screen i can boot into at this point. I do have the LG Flash tool installed on my pc that i have used before to get out of trouble. But since i flashed the 24a bootstack and rom, now i cant get into download mode so the the flash tool does not recognize my phone. is there a different method to go about it using the lf flash tool? There is a file that i should have flashed that allows me to get back my download mode after flashing 24a bootstack, but i never flashed it and now my whole storage is wiped. I appreciate your help.

whoamanwtf

Nov 15, 2008
Best Coast
On PhilZ you can use a usb drive to flash your rom... Or if you have a less functional recovery you can just use LGflash to restart from the start.. you are far from bricked dude..[/QU

I have TWRP 2.7.0.0. Which is the only screen i can boot into at this point. I do have the LG Flash tool installed on my pc that i have used before to get out of trouble. But since i flashed the 24a bootstack and rom, now i cant get into download mode so the the flash tool does not recognize my phone. is there a different method to go about it using the lf flash tool? There is a file that i should have flashed that allows me to get back my download mode after flashing 24a bootstack, but i never flashed it and now my whole storage is wiped. I appreciate your help.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2582142

fmrtz

May 12, 2014
Why don't you sideload/push a rom and install it ?

ok I am new to this sideload but did some research and managed to figure it out. But now when I type in adb sideload romiwanttointall.zip it tells me *cannot read the zip file. I tried doing it with an APK file and it sideloaded fine. just the zip files it says it cannot read. Any ideas of how i can get past this? thanks alot i wasnt even aware of this feature.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
ok I am new to this sideload but did some research and managed to figure it out. But now when I type in adb sideload romiwanttointall.zip it tells me *cannot read the zip file. I tried doing it with an APK file and it sideloaded fine. just the zip files it says it cannot read. Any ideas of how i can get past this? thanks alot i wasnt even aware of this feature.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2747964

try with this

x10tom

Jan 20, 2011

TWRP + ADB SIDELOAD
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2746585

fmrtz

May 12, 2014

I installed the SDK and everything is showing up correctly such as when i type adb device it shows sideload. but once i enter "adb sideload malladus-vs980-2.0.2.zip" it says *cannot read malladus-vs980-2.0.2.zip*. Im stuck on this step. Tried sideloading the gapps package as well but get the same error. If I do an APK file it works fine.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
I installed the SDK and everything is showing up correctly such as when i type adb device it shows sideload. but once i enter "adb sideload malladus-vs980-2.0.2.zip" it says *cannot read malladus-vs980-2.0.2.zip*. Im stuck on this step. Tried sideloading the gapps package as well but get the same error. If I do an APK file it works fine.

did you select "adb sideload" in twrp

if not, then type "adb push malladus-vs980-2.0.2.zip /sdcard/malladus.zip"