[DEV] Developer-related discussion for EVO View 4G

Search This thread

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
Thought we'd have a thread here for mainly Dev's so we can communicate in one section with the already isolated sections.

Well, I'll start off first:
Does anyone have luck on the following?

- Creating AOSP kernel (GB base)
^ 2.6.35 source is out on htcdev, but kernels are not my expertise. I contacted cayniarb to see if he'd be willing to make one for us.

- Building any AOSP roms? GB/ICS hacks
^ Been trying CyanogenMod 7 unsuccessfully for a few days.
I don't think it's impossible, however given several tries at compiling. Resulting zips just don't boot, probably bootimage/kernel related... Think I have got all the proprietaries pulled and needed files set up by mostly mimicking other MSM8655 builds.

- Direct porting flyer roms to express
^ Something I may try soon if I can't get any progress done on my end. This is probably not very hard, but looking at the Flyer choices there doesn't seem to be a whole lot we are missing out completely on.

Last edited:
Reactions: cmart4 and Stryeguy

maff1989

Sep 20, 2010
Bolingbrook
^ Something I may try soon if I can't get any progress done on my end. This is probably not very hard, but looking at the Flyer choices there doesn't seem to be a whole lot we are missing out completely on.

I can vouch for this; using any Flyer ROM with the View kernel that matches the version of Android (i.e. GB or HC) WILL work on the View. Namely, LeeDroid's GB ROM with the OC View GB kernel. Although, using the Flyer kernel will cause a bootloop :\

The only thing we are missing out on is an optimized kernel. We wouldn't even need Flyer ports with a "proper" View kernel ;)

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
I am more interested in getting ICS working right now. I'm working on the final build of CypherROM and from there working on themes and a kernel. My team has been trying to build a kernel based off of leedroid's work for some time, but haven't had any luck.

jmz

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
It looks like a dev just made an alpha AOSP kernel for the flyer, which we can't use of course (for the newbs reading):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22955319&postcount=103

The biggest problem is the WiMAX. Doing some research it looks as though we might be able to use HTC "speedy" aosp kernel source. Same processors and gpu. Just need to get a hold of kernel source and comparing def_configs. I have done nothing but kinda look into it. I have built the device folders too. But I knew the kernel was the issue so I wasn't going to compile. And once we get an aosp kernel we can also get a decently functional touch recovery.

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium App

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Also, I noticed cyanogenmod kernel source for msm7x30 has the express in its defconfig. So Im looking into that right now

HTCFlyerX

Feb 16, 2012
Hello everyone....I am a previous developer from the EVO 3D and would like to let some devs know that if they want working Beats then take a peak at the Sensation XL!

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
Hello everyone....I am a previous developer from the EVO 3D and would like to let some devs know that if they want working Beats then take a peak at the Sensation XL!

Why don't you just port it for us? ;)
If I only had more time I could actually get more done with my rom and try to build AOSP. Getting promoted has just taken away all my time.

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Why don't you just port it for us? ;)
If I only had more time I could actually get more done with my rom and try to build AOSP. Getting promoted has just taken away all my time.

In my opinion beats makes music sound like crap when ported. And I have had it on multiple devices.

My aosp kernel testing is not going very well. I really need to read up on board files in the kernel to remove the sense stuff from them

Sent from my HTC_A510c using xda premium

spartan1987

Aug 5, 2010
Atlanta
In my opinion beats makes music sound like crap when ported. And I have had it on multiple devices.

My aosp kernel testing is not going very well. I really need to read up on board files in the kernel to remove the sense stuff from them

Sent from my HTC_A510c using xda premium

I thought it sounded good on the E3D...(?)

@jmztaylor As for the kernel, would you be interested in working with my team to get the stock one working on cypherROM? Daniels7 (leedroid tweaks) gave me permission to port his tweaks over to my rom, but I need a kernel port of the leedroid kernel or something to that effect (I'd like to build our own). I don't know enough about kernels to do it myself and unixdood hasn't had any luck building one. Everytime I try to cook it in, or even make it flashable it causes bootloop. PM me if you do or if you'd like to work on anything else (including teaching me lol). Thanks!

HTCFlyerX

Feb 16, 2012
Hmmm maybe I will just go ahead and do that but idk....getting kicked out and my ROMs shut down was not very nice....just maybe though!

wyldkard

Oct 23, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
I can vouch for this; using any Flyer ROM with the View kernel that matches the version of Android (i.e. GB or HC) WILL work on the View. Namely, LeeDroid's GB ROM with the OC View GB kernel. Although, using the Flyer kernel will cause a bootloop :\

The only thing we are missing out on is an optimized kernel. We wouldn't even need Flyer ports with a "proper" View kernel ;)

So would LeeDroids HC Flyer Rom work on the the View?

Sent from my HTC EVO View using XDA on viperROM

jmz

Sep 17, 2008
Lawton, OK
www.jmzsoft.com
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I thought it sounded good on the E3D...(?)

@jmztaylor As for the kernel, would you be interested in working with my team to get the stock one working on cypherROM? Daniels7 (leedroid tweaks) gave me permission to port his tweaks over to my rom, but I need a kernel port of the leedroid kernel or something to that effect (I'd like to build our own). I don't know enough about kernels to do it myself and unixdood hasn't had any luck building one. Everytime I try to cook it in, or even make it flashable it causes bootloop. PM me if you do or if you'd like to work on anything else (including teaching me lol). Thanks!

I have tried taking flyer kernel and porting it to the view but I can't get it to finish compiling. Even after fixing the missing stuff I still was getting a lot of errors. So I put it on the back burner. I got too many projects going on. HTC policy officially is 90-120 days to release kernel source. So we are almost there. LOL

Sent from my PG41200 using XDA Premium App

HTCFlyerX

Feb 16, 2012
Spartan.....hold your horses LOL....I've got to port the beats sound effect into our htcmusic app first....once that's finished ill be releasing the first Beats ROM for the View

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
Got some good news from tiamat

Sent tiamat a message, got a reply back. There is hope for us, but we need people to jumpstart and kick development back into the Evo View. So, testers needed on irc...

Hey there, your kernels have been a hit with the vivo on the latest ICS rom we have, we built over the IceColdSandwich LorD ClockaN has been working on for the ace.

I was wondering, if you would ever take the time to look into making a few extra kernels for a few spots where development is really sore.

It's with the HTC Flyer / EVO View 4G tablets, as since we don't have any AOSP kernels, no unofficial CyanogenMod with us too.

The chipsets of those tablets uses the same one as other devices.. I don't think the Flyer has a popular chipset (MSM8255T) but the View uses the mecha's MSM8655 only to be clocked at 1.5Ghz instead of 1.0.

If it's not too much to ask, we could really use your help.

The only thing that has been holding me back from working on kernels for the Evo View 4G / Flyer is a lack of testers. the difference in the two processor numbers is not actually related to the processor. The 2 indicates GSM basebands whereas the 6 indicates CDMA bands. I imagine the WiFi-only Flyer is numbered 8055. In any case, to further confuse the numbering/naming scheme here, this chipset is usually referred to as the 7x30 platform. The Thunderbolt, Desire HD, Desire Z, Desire S, Incredible 2, Inredible S, Evo Shift, MyTouch 4G, View/Flyer, Bliss, Merge, Sensation XL, Rhyme, the upcoming One V, and some more I'm missing all use the same platform and should theoretically be easy to merge into my existing code. I only support the first 8, but if I had testers on any of the others, I'd be happy to add them in. The catch there is that I can't make the ROMs for it.

Send me an email or find me on IRC and we can talk more about it.

freak4dell

Aug 10, 2008
I'd be willing to test. Not tonight, as my View is out of juice right now, but in the future I'd be happy to try and test out stuff. Just tell me where to go.

kaijura

Jan 1, 2011
tiamat is on IRC, find him on irc.freenode.net channel room #tiamat

His handle is cayniarb, but probably isn't hard to find and people in the room will help out.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thought we'd have a thread here for mainly Dev's so we can communicate in one section with the already isolated sections.

Well, I'll start off first:
    Does anyone have luck on the following?

- Creating AOSP kernel (GB base)
    ^ 2.6.35 source is out on htcdev, but kernels are not my expertise. I contacted cayniarb to see if he'd be willing to make one for us.

- Building any AOSP roms? GB/ICS hacks
    ^ Been trying CyanogenMod 7 unsuccessfully for a few days.
    I don't think it's impossible, however given several tries at compiling. Resulting zips just don't boot, probably bootimage/kernel related... Think I have got all the proprietaries pulled and needed files set up by mostly mimicking other MSM8655 builds.

Hi guys,

Yesterday we uploaded all sources we have now for a booting ICS(ramdisk, kernel etc.) at the Flyer Development thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1569060) (buggy screen, wifi not working, some graphic problems and more), feel free to try around with the source and help us fix errors, so we maybe can speed up the progress and make ICS come closer for EVO View and Flyer :)
    Whoa, this is cool. I'm getting a logcat now. Let's see if this can get working.

Edit: Looks like this is sense-kernel related as per logcat. I'm booting off the express htc kernel on a cm7 build.
    Probably going to need someone who's a kernel dev to help get past this.

Code:
    D/AUDIO-ALSA( 1666): control->fd size 0
    I/Netd    ( 1679): Netd 1.0 starting
    E/SocketListener( 1679): Obtaining file descriptor socket 'dnsproxyd' failed: No such file or directory
    E/Netd    ( 1679): Unable to start DnsProxyListener (No such file or directory)
    D/AndroidRuntime( 1681): 
    D/AndroidRuntime( 1681): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<
    I/AndroidRuntime( 1681): Heap size: -Xmx32m
    D/AndroidRuntime( 1681): CheckJNI is OFF
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): creating instr width table
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@bouncycastle.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/bouncycastle.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@bouncycastle.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/ext.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/ext.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/framework.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/framework.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/android.policy.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/android.policy.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/services.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/services.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core-junit.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core-junit.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core-junit.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core-junit.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.commonctrl.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.pen.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1681): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1681): No valid entries found in bootclasspath '/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.commonctrl.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.pen.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar'
    W/dalvikvm( 1681): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1681): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.player' died
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.camera' died
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.audio_policy' died
    I/Netd    ( 1684): Netd 1.0 starting
    E/Netd    ( 1684): Unable to start DnsProxyListener (No such file or directory)
    E/SocketListener( 1684): Obtaining file descriptor socket 'dnsproxyd' failed: No such file or directory
    I/        ( 1683): ServiceManager: 0xad50
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Could not open libhtc_acoustic.so
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): msm_mixer_open: Opening the device
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): msm_mixer_count:mixer_cnt = 31
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[0] = [handset_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 0
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: handset_rx:index = 0, dev_id: 0
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 0
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[1] = [handset_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 1
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: handset_tx:index = 1, dev_id: 1
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 6 for device 1
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[2] = [headset_stereo_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 2
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: headset_stereo_rx:index = 2, dev_id: 2
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 2
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[3] = [headset_mono_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[4] = [headset_mono_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 4
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: headset_mono_tx:index = 4, dev_id: 4
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 6 for device 4
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[5] = [fmradio_handset_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 5
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: fmradio_handset_rx:index = 5, dev_id: 5
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 17 for device 5
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[6] = [speaker_mono_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 6
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: speaker_mono_rx:index = 6, dev_id: 6
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 6
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[7] = [fmradio_speaker_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 7
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: fmradio_speaker_rx:index = 7, dev_id: 7
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 17 for device 7
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[8] = [fmradio_headset_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 8
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: fmradio_headset_rx:index = 8, dev_id: 8
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 8
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[9] = [tty_headset_mono_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 9
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: tty_headset_mono_tx:index = 9, dev_id: 9
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 38 for device 9
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[10] = [tty_headset_mono_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 10
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: tty_headset_mono_rx:index = 10, dev_id: 10
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 37 for device 10
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[11] = [speaker_mono_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 11
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: speaker_mono_tx:index = 11, dev_id: 11
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 6 for device 11
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[12] = [headset_speaker_stereo_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 12
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: headset_speaker_stereo_rx:index = 12, dev_id: 12
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 12
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[13] = [usb_headset_stereo_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 13
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: usb_headset_stereo_rx:index = 13, dev_id: 13
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 13
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[14] = [hac_mono_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 14
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: hac_mono_rx:index = 14, dev_id: 14
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 14
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[15] = [alt_mono_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 15
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: alt_mono_rx:index = 15, dev_id: 15
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 5 for device 15
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[16] = [handset_vr_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 16
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: handset_vr_tx:index = 16, dev_id: 16
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 0,capablity = 6 for device 16
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[17] = [dual_mic_stereo_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[18] = [headset_vr_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[19] = [bt_sco_rx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 17
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: bt_sco_rx:index = 17, dev_id: 19
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 1,capablity = 5 for device 19
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[20] = [bt_sco_tx] *********
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): index = 18
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Found device: bt_sco_tx:index = 18, dev_id: 20
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): class ID = 1,capablity = 6 for device 20
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): ******* name[21] = [hdmi_stereo_rx] *********
    D/AudioHardwareInterface( 1683): setMode(NORMAL)
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Set master volume to 7.
    I/CameraService( 1683): CameraService started (pid=1683)
    D/QualcommCameraHardware( 1683): Turn off 2ndCAM LED
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): AudioHardware::openOutputStream
    D/AudioFlinger( 1683): setParameters(): io 1, keyvalue routing=2, tid 1687, calling tid 1683
    I/AudioFlinger( 1683): AudioFlinger's thread 0xfaa0 ready to run
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): doRouting()
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Routing audio to Speakerphone
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): new_rx = 6
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): new_tx = 11
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): updateDeviceInfo: E rx_device 6 and tx_device 11
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): No active voicecall/playback, disabling cur_rx 65535
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): No active voicecall/recording, disabling cur_tx 65535
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): updateDeviceInfo: X cur_rx 6 cur_tx 11
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): setVoiceVolume(1.000000)
    I/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): Setting in-call volume to 100 (available range is 0 to 100)
    D/AUDIO-ALSA( 1683): control->fd size 0
    D/AudioHardwareMSM7X30( 1683): AudioStreamOutMSM72xx::standby()
    I/Netd    ( 1697): Netd 1.0 starting
    E/Netd    ( 1697): Unable to start DnsProxyListener (No such file or directory)
    E/SocketListener( 1697): Obtaining file descriptor socket 'dnsproxyd' failed: No such file or directory
    D/AndroidRuntime( 1699): 
    D/AndroidRuntime( 1699): >>>>>> AndroidRuntime START com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit <<<<<<
    I/AndroidRuntime( 1699): Heap size: -Xmx32m
    D/AndroidRuntime( 1699): CheckJNI is OFF
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): creating instr width table
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@bouncycastle.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/bouncycastle.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@bouncycastle.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/ext.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@ext.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/ext.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/framework.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@framework.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/framework.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/android.policy.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@android.policy.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/android.policy.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/services.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@services.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/services.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): Can't open dex cache '/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core-junit.jar@classes.dex': No such file or directory
    I/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to open or create cache for /system/framework/core-junit.jar (/cache/dalvik-cache/system@framework@core-junit.jar@classes.dex)
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to process classpath element '/system/framework/core-junit.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.commonctrl.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.pen.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar'
    D/dalvikvm( 1699): Unable to stat classpath element '/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar'
    E/dalvikvm( 1699): No valid entries found in bootclasspath '/system/framework/core.jar:/system/framework/bouncycastle.jar:/system/framework/ext.jar:/system/framework/framework.jar:/system/framework/android.policy.jar:/system/framework/services.jar:/system/framework/core-junit.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.commonctrl.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.pen.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.framework.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.pimlib.jar:/system/framework/com.htc.android.easopen.jar:/system/framework/com.scalado.util.ScaladoUtil.jar:/system/framework/com.orange.authentication.simcard.jar'
    W/dalvikvm( 1699): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
    E/AndroidRuntime( 1699): JNI_CreateJavaVM failed
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.audio_flinger' died
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.player' died
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.camera' died
    I/ServiceManager( 1524): service 'media.audio_policy' died
    I have toastcfh's msm7x30 kernel source downloaded. As soon as I get home I'm gonna see what I can do... The view is very similar to the shift, so hopefully this will compile.

Sent from my PG06100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk
    here's a cm7 compile for express with (what I think) inits set properly for the part.
    I just took the the speedy database and re-tailored it for express and changed the emmc and whatever random misc accordingly.

You should probably get the same logcat as I posted above if you try to boot.

http://www.mediafire.com/?6aj31257a3spp8f