[Q]Disable magnetic sensor

Search This thread

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
Hello-
I have samsung book cover case and want to disable auto screen on/off function.
As there is no such option, the only way is to disable magnetic sensor (lid function).
Can someone write a flashable script to do it ;)?
Or suggest any other way to solve it...
Thanks in advance!

{Diemex}

Jan 30, 2011
Germany
Alternatively disable DayNote if you don't need it. It seems to be build into that apk.

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia

meks007

Jun 28, 2010
Disabled it already. The magnet sensor still locks/unlocks the tablet, just the daynote does not appear :). Thanks anyway...

Does not work. Tried it... :(

I'm not entirely sure if I recall correctly, but I think I remember that theres an app My Script Resources or such that has hooks into Daynote and in turn the magnetic sensor. I think I recall that I once froze that app and it broke my book cover. Might work for you.

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
I'm not entirely sure if I recall correctly, but I think I remember that theres an app My Script Resources or such that has hooks into Daynote and in turn the magnetic sensor. I think I recall that I once froze that app and it broke my book cover. Might work for you.

I will try it when I get home. Thanks :)
:good:

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
Tried and it did not work. Frozed the app with TB, but the cover still works. :(
Thanks, though...

meks007

Jun 28, 2010
Weird, you a P600 or P605 user? I've got a P605 and just disabled Daynote. The magnetic sensor didn't work until I enabled Daynote again.
That was without touching the My Resources thing.

neol23

May 15, 2011
Sofia
P605. Funny, when i disable daynote i get usual lock screen, but my cover still works...
Anyway, thanks.

Sharfuddin Ahmed

Aug 16, 2017
P605. Funny, when i disable daynote i get usual lock screen, but my cover still works...
Anyway, thanks.
Did anyone find any way to turn off the magnetic lock and unlock function? When I backfold my cover (aftermarket), it automatically locks my tab. Which is very irritating. I have Samsung galaxy tab S5e

Top Liked Posts