Tethering on Nook HD+

Search This thread
Apr 29, 2014
First post on XDA but been viewing this site for a while and found it brilliant when I was rooting my Nook HD+, and then for side loading and lots of other things... so thank you for that!

Im taking my Nook HD+ somewhere that does not have wifi but I have an unlimited data plan on my Blackberry Curve 9300.

The issue is this just happens to be the last model of phone before the OS 7 update which allows you to hotspot the phone.

I know you can tether it to a PC via USB cable or bluetooth. So I was wondering if there is away to tether it to the Nook?

wellersl

Feb 15, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Samsung Galaxy S8+
I'm going to say it depends more on the BB and app than on the HD+.

When I go fishing, and I want to watch a movie or just surf the web, I will occasionally tether my HD+ to my Droid X via WiFi no problems.

Does that answer your question?

Apr 29, 2014
Thanks for the reply.
I know the bb can tether to a PC and to playbooks using blackberry bridge.
Obviously I can connect the bb and nook via bluetooth but after that I'm not sure what to do because all the tethering apps seem to be for android to android, or android to PC/Mac.
I tried asking this question in a bbforum but got no response so figured it might be worth approaching it from the other side.
The tethering would just be for surfing, doubt I will be watching movies as I normally load my nook up before travelling
Cheers.