[TUT] Rooting HTC Flyer on HoneyComb HBoot 1.11.0011

Search This thread

det-happy

Jul 19, 2012
Nordrhein-Westfahlen
(fastboot oem get_identifier_token) but first have to change directories to C:\Android, problem is that directory does not exists? I have created a root drive directory called android but none on the commands will run? I assume one of the applications that I need to install should have created this directory but none did..

You only need this Zip-File and extract this to C:\Android
Code:
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
AdbWinUsbApi.dll
fastboot.exe

Then open command prompt (for e.g. run "cmd")
Then enter
Code:
cd c:\Android
fastboot oem get_identifier_token
After then, continiue the tutorial on http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/

Last edited:

ImageV1

Dec 27, 2014
Please can somebody help me?

OK, i have a brand new HTC Flyer through a friend in the tech trade and this device was an ex demo device which was just taken from it's box and put back. It is like new and on Gingerbread, i would like to upgrade to a later ROM and use on Jellybean or something much newer as this was purchased for my daughtrer to use as a tablet.

My problem:

I have spent literally 3 days sifting though endless guides and forums for information on how to root and gain access to flash a new ROm on my Flyer. It was on a HBOOT version unsupported i believe for S-Off, etc so i followed a guide on here and managed to get to a point wher-upon i used Revolutionary to change to a 1.10.000 or whatever it was. My device is now S-Off but i cannot get the cmd prompt to unlock the bootloader on HTCDEV. I just get the same issue as the last post on here.

I am computer literate and fully understand what to do, my file structure is correct and i can obtain repsonse using adb but fastboot oem fails?

My device info is as follows:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 6.10.1002
version-baseband: 3809.05.04.10_M
version-cpld: None
version-microp: 0850
version-main: 2.00.405.3
serialno: HT157T400371
imei: 354672040115964
product: flyer
platform: HBOOT-7230
modelid: PG4110000
cidnum: 11111111
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4011mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader:
hbootpreupdate: 12
gencheckpt: 0

Please can some-one help me to overcome my bootloader unlock issue or even help me to install a new ROM for my daughters HTC Flyer via Teamviewer or something.

I am willing to pay, or any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
OK, i have a brand new HTC Flyer through a friend in the tech trade and this device was an ex demo device which was just taken from it's box and put back. It is like new and on Gingerbread, i would like to upgrade to a later ROM and use on Jellybean or something much newer as this was purchased for my daughtrer to use as a tablet.

My problem:

I have spent literally 3 days sifting though endless guides and forums for information on how to root and gain access to flash a new ROm on my Flyer. It was on a HBOOT version unsupported i believe for S-Off, etc so i followed a guide on here and managed to get to a point wher-upon i used Revolutionary to change to a 1.10.000 or whatever it was. My device is now S-Off but i cannot get the cmd prompt to unlock the bootloader on HTCDEV. I just get the same issue as the last post on here.

I am computer literate and fully understand what to do, my file structure is correct and i can obtain repsonse using adb but fastboot oem fails?

My device info is as follows:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 6.10.1002
version-baseband: 3809.05.04.10_M
version-cpld: None
version-microp: 0850
version-main: 2.00.405.3
serialno: HT157T400371
imei: 354672040115964
product: flyer
platform: HBOOT-7230
modelid: PG4110000
cidnum: 11111111
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4011mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader:
hbootpreupdate: 12
gencheckpt: 0

Please can some-one help me to overcome my bootloader unlock issue or even help me to install a new ROM for my daughters HTC Flyer via Teamviewer or something.

I am willing to pay, or any advice or help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Mark

Shouldn't you HTCdev-unlock before running Revolutionary? I did that ages ago but I think you did things in the wrong order. :(

randzit66

Sep 7, 2015
All is clear but...

Now we have 2015y and some url and link are missing.
I've a Flyer Only Wi-Fi
Sid A-001
HBOOT-1.11.0011.
And
Unlock bootloader via htcdev - OK
(Sending to HTC Key, them put the unlock_code.bin and sent it do the Flyer.
Bootloder is
***UNLOCKED***
The next I must instal CWM . . . and the Wall!
Revolutionary side - not work. I'm try other CWM. It's were downloaded to Flyer but any change (but one).

I've Windows 7 Pro 32bit. Instal Java, drivers and Developer kit.
fastboot work oK, But ADB starts but don't see Flyer. List of the devices is empty.
The same is under LINUX (the same computer)

Where I made mistake, Please HELP.

PS
After my oeration is imosible istall aplication. Google play - error login, directly from .apk - nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wasn't able to post this anywhere else.

So this is a guide to rooting the HTC Flyer on HBoot 1.11.0011

This is pretty much things I done from several guides to get CWM to work properly and to get Super User installed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSTALL THESE FILES
    Fastboot Drivers
    Super User Files
    Android SDK

TO ENTER BOOTLOADER HOLD
    VOLUME DOWN THEN PRESS THE POWER BUTTON!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP ONE​
    The first thing you need to do is head over to the HTC Unlock Site

Once there signup and then follow the instructions to unlocking

I'm not sure how to tell if your model is WWE or TUR but I used WWE

It will guide you through the steps to unlock the bootloader once done proceed below

STEP TWO​
    Make sure to disable fastboot and activate USB Debugging just like you did on the HTC Unlock website

When you unlocked it through the website it reset these settings so you MUST change them back.

Make sure that the CWM image you download at the start of the thread below is placed in the C:\android\ folder you made

when unlocking the bootloader, do not delete this folder in case you need it in the future.

Now follow this guide and be sure to download the HoneyComb file: THREAD IS HERE

You can skip the first step there "adb reboot bootloader"

STEP THREE​
    Connect your HTC Flyer to your computer and move the SU.zip file across to the root of your SD (doesn't matter where just easier to access)

Now you need to start up the bootloader again, this time you will navigate to "Recovery" and press the power button to accept.

Using CWM choose "install .zip from sdcard" and navigate to your SU.zip file then install it

STEP FOUR​
    Now if you followed this properly you should just need to reboot your device and you will be rooted.

2i0gi34.png

If you find this hard to follow please say and I'll clean it up a bit.
    Just follow this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1194709

Basically, you need to achieve S-Off using a tool called Revolutionary. Once you have S-off, you can just install a custom recovery (Clockworkmod) and flash SuperUser from CWM to get root. It seems like a lot of steps, but they are all easy to do, and Revolutionary does most of the work for you.

I think the only thing you really need to know that isn't spelled out in that guide, is to verify the hboot is one of the ones listed.

To find your hboot version, power off the Flyer. Once powered off, hold down the volume down rocker. Press power button for a few seconds, release power, but don't release the volume down rocker until the hboot screen comes up (which screen with a bunch of text at the top). This screen will tell you your hboot version.

Before you do this, make sure "fast boot" is not checked in Settings>Power.
    Just a few consolidated notes on how its done, when the OP has achieved root, there is lots of information on the forum but spread accross a great many threads, it would be of great benefit to noob's who just want to root so they can install specifc apps if we can end up with a step by step sequence that can be made sticky.

Unfortunately, unless someone takes up the cause, and dedicates the time and effort to post such a guide, getting things done often falls on the individual user to read the various threads, distill the information on their own. And of course, you can always come on here and ask, if you have specific questions.

Also, its unfortunately late enough in this device's life cycle that its unlikely that someone is going to see enough need for such a guide, to take the time to write one. Nobody even bothered to write a bootloader unlock to root guide, in the days when the Flyer forum was much more active.

If its full S-Off you want I would recommend globatron's guide, which has already been discussed and linked on this thread. Its pretty step-by-step. And whatever isn't clearly spelled out, is easily answered by doing an XDA search, or Google. Or you can come back on here and ask, if you are really stuck.
    Thank you for sharing :)