s3 GT-I9305 ROOT???

Search This thread

Maasster

Apr 10, 2014
I have Samsung Galaxy s3 LTE GT-I9305
Android version: 4.3
Baseband version: I9305XXUEMK1

:confused:I'm searching for root for quite a while now but I can't find it....so if anyone knows for s3 GT-I9305 root would be pleased:)

Cheers Guys!!!

mulperi

Apr 25, 2010
Google Pixel 3a
Two days ago I rooted exactly the same phone model. Search for a guide with cf auto root. It goes about like this:
1. Download and install samsung usb drivers on pc
2. Download Chainfire package, check model i9305!!
3. Run odin from package and click pda and select file in package
4. Start phone by simultaneously pressing vol up (or was it down?), home and power. You should get into download mode
5. Connect phone with usb and press start
6. Reboot

Now what the guides do not generally tell is that KNOX will prevent supersu from running. To get around that:
7. Goto play store and update supersu
8. Disable knox when asked

You should be rooted.
9. Install busybox, i think its needed for many apps

You will not be able to do over the air updates, because status is modified. That is no big deal with root imho.

Enjoy

watekeke

Nov 17, 2013
rom

Two days ago I rooted exactly the same phone model. Search for a guide with cf auto root. It goes about like this:
4. Start phone by simultaneously pressing vol up (or was it down?), home and power. You should get into download mode
6. Reboot

Now what the guides do not generally tell is that KNOX will prevent supersu from running. To get around that:

You should be rooted.

You will not be able to do over the air updates, because status is modified. That is no big deal with root imho.

Enjoy

hi..i did all the steps but im on 4.3 xxxuelm8 sgpore lafleur.. so this counted as my i9305 rooted rite?
so can i flash to roms like amcha? it will not couse trouble rite?

OMINIS

Jun 8, 2011
Smart Watches
6. Reboot

You should be rooted.

Enjoy

I did up to step 7. But after upgrading SuperSU, leaves open the apk in order to proceed to step 8. Gives the error: "There is no su binary installed and SuperSU can not perform the installation. This is a problem! If you recently upgraded to android 4.3 ... "

xkiller213

Feb 3, 2010
I did up to step 7. But after upgrading SuperSU, leaves open the apk in order to proceed to step 8. Gives the error: "There is no su binary installed and SuperSU can not perform the installation. This is a problem! If you recently upgraded to android 4.3 ... "

hey i'm stuck at the same place... somehow SuperSU has lost its ability to remove knox? it seems like none of the programs which requires root gets thru knox... i've tried the first two methods listed here http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-safe-knox/366118-solution-how-permanently-remove-knox.html but still couldn't get to disable knox (can't grant superuser permissions to any program)...

or am i not rooted yet?

xkiller213

Feb 3, 2010
oh yay, i've managed to solve my problem with rooting my phone...

you need to download the KNOX REMOVAL SCRIPT V2.0 zip from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2507931 into your SD card (or internal memory), then install it via CWM recovery or TWRP recovery (or other tools of your choice)

after that, you can install SuperSU via ADB (or any other methods, should work fine now)...