[MOD][Bootanimation]Energy BIOS Boot Animation for U8800

Search This thread

djemr

Dec 14, 2011
Ankara
I completely edited the Energy BIOS boot animation to U8800, besides the android animation at the end.

On ICS 2.02

1- Download "Energy BIOS boot animation for U8800.zip" and copy it to your SDcard
2- Press and hold POWER button.
3- Hit "Reboot"
4- Hit "Recovery" and "OK"
5- After CWM runs, hit "Install zip from SDcard"
6- Choose "Energy BIOS boot animation for U8800.zip"
7- Hit Yes - Install "Energy BIOS boot animation for U8800.zip"
8- Hit "Back" on your soft buttons
9- Hit "Reboot System"
10- Benefit!

Other ROMS

I have not tried it on any other ROMS but ICS 2.02. I am going to add the "bootanimation.zip" as an attachment. Following method should work on other custom and official roms.

1- Download "bootanimation.zip"
2- Copy it to your SDcard.
3- Copy the file and replace it with the one on system/media with rootexplorer.
4- Reboot your device.

You may also push the "bootimage.zip" to system/media with SDK.

IN CASE YOU MAY WANT TO RECOVER YOUR OLD BOOTIMAGE, RENAME THE ONE ON SYSTEM/MEDIA TO ANYTHING.

u8800energybios.gif

I hope this boot animation suits you well.

Attachments

• bootanimation.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 553

entrapmen

Jul 8, 2011
I was using that one on miui, its a real deal. I love it. Thanks for adopting it to ics.

Sent from my U8800

djemr

Dec 14, 2011
Ankara
I was using that one on miui, its a real deal. I love it. Thanks for adopting it to ics.

Sent from my U8800
I can say that it is completely different from the one you used besides the android animation at the end. U8800 specs, logo, and new font added. It means that nothing left from the boot animation but the android animation.

I am glad you liked and using it.

Schrauff

Mar 17, 2012
I like this animation, but when I flashed it through CWM, it didn't change it. So i looked where the bootanimation.zip was stored, it was in /system/media/, so i copied it to /data/local where it should be and it works now. I think it even boots faster compared to previous animation. Thanks!

Reactions: Edufex

shaddow2k

Mar 12, 2012
Nice work, I really like the design, much better than the original Aurora animation, imho.
Thanks for your work :)

Tmp341

Dec 18, 2011
Since Android was updated to 4.0.4, could you please update it on your amazing boot animation? :)

And by the way, since most users use 1GHZ overclock (and not 1,2GHZ), could you please change it?

Best regards and thanks for you job, I'm using it!

If you know the font's name, i can update it :) djemr isn't here i think :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I completely edited the Energy BIOS boot animation to U8800, besides the android animation at the end.

On ICS 2.02

1- Download "Energy BIOS boot animation for U8800.zip" and copy it to your SDcard
    2- Press and hold POWER button.
    3- Hit "Reboot"
    4- Hit "Recovery" and "OK"
    5- After CWM runs, hit "Install zip from SDcard"
    6- Choose "Energy BIOS boot animation for U8800.zip"
    7- Hit Yes - Install "Energy BIOS boot animation for U8800.zip"
    8- Hit "Back" on your soft buttons
    9- Hit "Reboot System"
    10- Benefit!

Other ROMS

I have not tried it on any other ROMS but ICS 2.02. I am going to add the "bootanimation.zip" as an attachment. Following method should work on other custom and official roms.

1- Download "bootanimation.zip"
    2- Copy it to your SDcard.
    3- Copy the file and replace it with the one on system/media with rootexplorer.
    4- Reboot your device.

You may also push the "bootimage.zip" to system/media with SDK.

IN CASE YOU MAY WANT TO RECOVER YOUR OLD BOOTIMAGE, RENAME THE ONE ON SYSTEM/MEDIA TO ANYTHING.

u8800energybios.gif

I hope this boot animation suits you well.
    If you know the font's name, i can update it :) djemr isn't here i think :)

The font is "DIGIFACEWIDE". Since I dont have time these days I cant do any updates yet. By the way it works on all ICS versions.
    The font is "DIGIFACEWIDE". Since I dont have time these days I cant do any updates yet. By the way it works on all ICS versions.

Updated : (tested First one for /data/local route, second one flashable version but didn't test it)

bootanimation_energy.zip

Energy_BIOS_boot_animation_for_U8800
    Updated, now faster and added real ideos x5 logo :) Hope you'll like it.Thanks djemr for original script and animation :) Dropbox link this time.By the way, add it /data/local route :D

bootanimation_energy

flashable version isn't working, i'll try to find working one :)
    I like this animation, but when I flashed it through CWM, it didn't change it. So i looked where the bootanimation.zip was stored, it was in /system/media/, so i copied it to /data/local where it should be and it works now. I think it even boots faster compared to previous animation. Thanks!