[ROM][6/9/2012] MIUI.us 2.6.8 Ice Cream Sandwiched

Search This thread

32dave

Apr 7, 2011
Woodstock
I don't believe their is a newer one I read on the forums they are waiting for jelly bean to be officially released and the last few times I tried their site it was down

projectvirtue

Jan 22, 2011
chiming in, the updater script posted earlier worked fine for the 2.8.10 release for the t989. No noticeable changes, ext sd still doesn't mount through USB :(

chinthekng

May 22, 2012
Maryland
just wanted to say for those still on miui or willing to try it there's been work going on in t989 forums and eugene helped fix the contacts bug, and sound issues so go to their miui thread and check it out :laugh: :victory:

projectvirtue

Jan 22, 2011
just wanted to say for those still on miui or willing to try it there's been work going on in t989 forums and eugene helped fix the contacts bug, and sound issues so go to their miui thread and check it out :laugh: :victory:

That's pretty awesome. Hopefully the SD mounting will be fixed soon as well.

In the meantime, if anybody's on 2.8.10, here's a link to the kernal with sound fixes + contact bug that lithium uploaded earlier
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/65684165/file.html

Reactions: 32dave

chinthekng

May 22, 2012
Maryland
for whom it may concern 0xD34D (lithium76 on xda) put out n update for our skyrocket to 2.8.10 and it seems like hes working with eugene373 to bring fixes and changes to skyrocket and hercules so go over to the t-mobile miui thread and thank those guys :laugh: and get the update form the miui.us site

Reactions: will5 and nthuser

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346884673807.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346884673807.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 155
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346884687157.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346884687157.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 154
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346884717324.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346884717324.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: plwalsh88

armyveterangunner29

Jan 1, 2012
Chicago, IL
Yeah rotation is derpy

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Mmmmmmm that is be not even flashing instigators kernel fixes it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

Mmmmmmm that is bull crud not even flashing instigators kernel fixes it

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Fixed rotation on my end!!!!!

Grab the lib "lib.akm" from cm10 using root explorer or the like and extract it. Move it to system/lib folder and fix permission. Then flash instigatorx kernel and it should fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32dave

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miuiusanim.gif

MIUI.us Is Proud To Present
    MIUI v4 2.6.8 For AT&T SGS 2 aka Skyrocket

Installation Instructions:

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Factory reset device
    • Wipe Dalvik-cache
    • Install zip from SD card
    • Reboot and enjoy!

• Backlight on softkeys
    • Autobrightness
    • Mounting USB storage
    • Red and blue colors are swapped on camera preview (playing a video seems to correct this)

• Includes the new MIUI.us Toolbox for extra settings and customization - 6/1/2012
    • Fixed issue with not being able to send SMS - 5/28/2012
    • Fixed internal and external storage so that gallery and music now see both - 5/26/2012
    • Updated to MIUI 2.5.18
    • Fixed issue with themes not applying - 5/17/2012
    • Fixed graphical glitches - 5/16/2012
    • First release - 5/16/2012

Note: This is currently a WIP as I own the T-Mobile version (hercules) and cannot debug this ROM on my own device. Since the skyrocket and hercules are almost identical, I have built this ROM using my hercules version as a template. The items I have listed as not working are from my T-Mobile ROM and I am assuming they are the same for the skyrocket. For those of you that want to give this a try, I ask that if you are going to report an issue please do so by also providing a logcat of when the issue occurs. Without that I am not going to be able to debug the problem unless it is reproducible on the T-Mobile variant.
    I know I said this at the bottom of my OP, but I know how people sometimes glance over posts and do not read it all so here goes.

Note: This is currently a WIP as I own the T-Mobile version (hercules) and cannot debug this ROM on my own device. Since the skyrocket and hercules are almost identical, I have built this ROM using my hercules version as a template. The items I have listed as not working are from my T-Mobile ROM and I am assuming they are the same for the skyrocket. For those of you that want to give this a try, I ask that if you are going to report an issue please do so by also providing a logcat of when the issue occurs. Without that I am not going to be able to debug the problem unless it is reproducible on the T-Mobile variant.
    Here's the log from it. It was the new one MD5 matched. Same issue just hangs with cap lights on.

Thanks for the log. Looks like it was booting just fine but had an OpenGL issue and that was preventing it from displaying anything on the screen. I've replaced the libs associated with OpenGL to match hercules which should hopefully remedy this problem. I've updated to 2.6.8.1 and you can get it at http://goo.gl/dQjVy - MD5: d9c016715c2b55cadd5576cbfd4a3684
    Friday is here and so is an update. 2.6.8 is available for download. I'm working off my Hercules base which has just about everything working except for auto-brightness and USB mounting.

The RIL being used her is identical to the Hercules which has working calls(outgoing and incoming) and data. I know data has worked before on this bad boy and that was when it was ported straight from my working hercules build. This is the basically the same build as my 2.6.8 for hercules except for some device specific files including the boot.img.

It has been a busy couple of weeks but I have some extra time to devote to getting this bad boy working 100% or at least 95% :p
    Works pretty well, soft keys light up camera doesn't seem funky. Only thing is terminal is still needed for themes to work. And the toolbox is awesome! Thank you lithium!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

I knew I forgot something. I need to remind myself to modify the ramdisk of the boot.img so it will run the theme script.