Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
- ROM Cleaner Scripts for ViperS JB and Revelation JB -

- Introduction -
These ROM Cleaner scripts are designed to work alongside the Aroma installers for the ViperS JB and Revelation JB Roms.​

- About -
The ViperS script contain fixes for errors in the Aroma installer, check them out. Both scripts will also remove any leftovers from the Aroma installers.

You will be able to enjoy more available system memory, RAM and increased battery life due to reducing the chances of wake locks.

It is also a great way to quickly gain space for Hinxnz' MultiSwap Mods that use system memory.​

- Before Installation -
Read all of this OP post before installation!

Before proceeding with with using your script, make sure you have removed everything that you do not need with the Aroma installer on your chosen Rom first. This will help you in getting the maximum benefit from your script.

Once you have done this, you can now edit your script to your requirements, don't just use your script straight away or you may not be happy with what gets removed.​

- Script Editing -
Open your script using notepad++ or Notepad2 on a PC. If you are using a Mac, use Text Edit.

You will see that your script is split into sections and full of notes to help you decide what you want to keep and remove from your Rom.

It is as simple as this... #Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will not be removed. Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will be removed. It's all about the # !​

- Installing with HTC Sense or DeSensing -
The option to keep or remove HTC Sense is the first entry in your script, please read the note in this section in your script if you plan on DeSensing.​

- Trouble Shooting -
At the bottom of the script are some "Experimental" options, personally I have removed all of these, as well as everything else I have no use for and had no problems at all.

The motto here is... The more you can remove, the better! But if something does break on your phone after using your script, please give feedback as I am here to help.​

- Installation -
1. If you have not done so already, install your chosen Rom first and set it up how you like it before proceeding

2. Download your script (make sure you have read the OP post first) and edit it to your needs

3. Download Rom Cleaner v6.0 to your phone or put it on your phone

4. Place your personalised script in /sdcard/ROMCleaner

5. Boot into recovery, open the ROM Cleaner zip package, pick "ROM Cleaner." Now pick Sense install and press Next

6. You can safely ignore the additional options and just press Next again and wait until ROM Cleaner is done

7. Press Reboot and enjoy the results​

- Accidental Removal -
If you accidentally removed something you wanted to keep, do the following.

1. Open your Rom zip package

2. Navigate to system/app and find the .apk file you accidentally removed and transfer it to your SD Card

4. Move the .apk file to the system/app directory on your phone

5. Now reboot and it will reinstall itself

(Note for Revelation users: if you chose to remove "HTC Live Wallpapers" but kept "HTC Weather" when installing the Rom, you need to do this to restore HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk to get your fullscreen weather animations back.)​

- Changelog -
OP will post updates in the thread.​

- Credits -
Hinxnz for his ideas and help.

Also to the teams who made ROM Cleaner, ViperS and Revelation.​

- Downloads -

Last edited:

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
Thanks peeps, if your unsure about anything, or you happen to break something that you need working on your phone with the script, please ask or share.

Hell, any useful modifications to the script you peeps can think of are welcome :)

Oh yeah, my next thing I will be doing is modifying it for people with Revelation!

Last edited:

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
OP has updated the script

I've made a change at the end of the script after making a new discovery...

It is to do with Venom Tweaks using Updater.apk to apply boot settings... and Android Tuner may also use it to apply boot settings...

So safe to remove if you don't use Venom Tweaks, or possibly Android Tuner to apply settings on boot...

Also added the comment... I recommend using Android Tuner to change settings via init.d scripts, especially SD Cache size as Venom Tweaks is broken in this aspect.

I thought it was me removing so much from ViperS, but I reinstalled the Rom and using Venom Tweaks to change read ahead size still did not work.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

Jaglicic

Dec 13, 2010
Belgrade
Can you please post download link, because we can't download from xda app from your signature.
Bdw, great work, thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
OP Update!

Now added script for Revelation JB.

New options and better descriptions added in ViperS script.

A much better looking and descriptive OP post.

Removed references to HTC Sense only installs... as the script can now be used with both Sense and DeSense installations.

Enjoy!

Last edited:

cipher101

Jan 16, 2013
Southfield
@ LocotesKilla

Thank you for this work man, seems cool.
I have Vipers 3.1.2 running (so far so good), but wondered can I still run your cleaner and hopefully I find something unused that I can remove? or shall I just be thankful that phone is working ok and use it as is.

Thank you

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham
@ LocotesKilla

Thank you for this work man, seems cool.
I have Vipers 3.1.2 running (so far so good), but wondered can I still run your cleaner and hopefully I find something unused that I can remove? or shall I just be thankful that phone is working ok and use it as is.

Thank you

Of course you can. You will find plenty of unused stuff that is in the script. I've removed 95% of what is in the script myself, just kept what I like on my home screen really.

You will be able to flash Multiswap Mod after you have gained plenty of system space too.

Go for it and just ask if you need any guidance :)

P.S it's not my cleaner... it's just a script for ROM Cleaner :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cipher101

cipher101

Jan 16, 2013
Southfield
Of course you can. You will find plenty of unused stuff that is in the script. I've removed 95% of what is in the script myself, just kept what I like on my home screen really.

You will be able to flash Multiswap Mod after you have gained plenty of system space too.

Go for it and just ask if you need any guidance :)

P.S it's not my cleaner... it's just a script for ROM Cleaner :)

Thank you man,
I already run 3.5 multiswap

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using xda app-developers app

Sprint82

Jan 13, 2011
Bremen
After using the cleaner I got only 11 MB space on system partition (revelation) I think that is not that much. Hmm

cipher101

Jan 16, 2013
Southfield
Is there a way to confirm what will be removed while using this script?

Sorry I am new to this and after using Vipers script (which did what was supposed to do) I didn't have any options what to remove, it did all without confirmation and I am noticing my weather lockscreen is gone ( I don't care for wallpapers or other lockscreens).
Anyhow, I am ok, I can live without that lockscreen, but I'm wondering is there a way to have confirmation on what is to be deleted, as that would make it coo.

Thanks again man,

rzr86

May 21, 2012
Nafpaktos

Sorry I am new to this and after using Vipers script (which did what was supposed to do) I didn't have any options what to remove, it did all without confirmation and I am noticing my weather lockscreen is gone ( I don't care for wallpapers or other lockscreens).
Anyhow, I am ok, I can live without that lockscreen, but I'm wondering is there a way to have confirmation on what is to be deleted, as that would make it coo.

Thanks again man,

you had to open the script first with notepad++ in your pc
there you would saw what you could edit(what to keep and what to remove)
then use it

Reactions: LocotesKilla

LocotesKilla

Aug 1, 2012
Birmingham

Thanks again man,

Dude! You really need to read the OP post, as I have explained it tells you how to add and remove things in the script and on the ROM Cleaner Thread!

Your options are in the script, so open it and edit it, confirmation comes from making it your own personal script :)

It is as simple as this... #Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will not be removed. Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will be removed.

It's all about the # !

Last edited:
Reactions: cipher101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - ROM Cleaner Scripts for ViperS JB and Revelation JB -

- Introduction -
    These ROM Cleaner scripts are designed to work alongside the Aroma installers for the ViperS JB and Revelation JB Roms.​

- About -
    The ViperS script contain fixes for errors in the Aroma installer, check them out. Both scripts will also remove any leftovers from the Aroma installers.

You will be able to enjoy more available system memory, RAM and increased battery life due to reducing the chances of wake locks.

It is also a great way to quickly gain space for Hinxnz' MultiSwap Mods that use system memory.​

- Before Installation -
    Read all of this OP post before installation!

Before proceeding with with using your script, make sure you have removed everything that you do not need with the Aroma installer on your chosen Rom first. This will help you in getting the maximum benefit from your script.

Once you have done this, you can now edit your script to your requirements, don't just use your script straight away or you may not be happy with what gets removed.​

- Script Editing -
    Open your script using notepad++ or Notepad2 on a PC. If you are using a Mac, use Text Edit.

You will see that your script is split into sections and full of notes to help you decide what you want to keep and remove from your Rom.

It is as simple as this... #Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will not be removed. Rosie.apk - Your Sense Launcher will be removed. It's all about the # !​

- Installing with HTC Sense or DeSensing -
    The option to keep or remove HTC Sense is the first entry in your script, please read the note in this section in your script if you plan on DeSensing.​

- Trouble Shooting -
    At the bottom of the script are some "Experimental" options, personally I have removed all of these, as well as everything else I have no use for and had no problems at all.

The motto here is... The more you can remove, the better! But if something does break on your phone after using your script, please give feedback as I am here to help.​

- Installation -
    1. If you have not done so already, install your chosen Rom first and set it up how you like it before proceeding

2. Download your script (make sure you have read the OP post first) and edit it to your needs

3. Download Rom Cleaner v6.0 to your phone or put it on your phone

4. Place your personalised script in /sdcard/ROMCleaner

5. Boot into recovery, open the ROM Cleaner zip package, pick "ROM Cleaner." Now pick Sense install and press Next

6. You can safely ignore the additional options and just press Next again and wait until ROM Cleaner is done

7. Press Reboot and enjoy the results​

- Accidental Removal -
    If you accidentally removed something you wanted to keep, do the following.

1. Open your Rom zip package

2. Navigate to system/app and find the .apk file you accidentally removed and transfer it to your SD Card

4. Move the .apk file to the system/app directory on your phone

5. Now reboot and it will reinstall itself

(Note for Revelation users: if you chose to remove "HTC Live Wallpapers" but kept "HTC Weather" when installing the Rom, you need to do this to restore HtcWeatherWallpaper.apk to get your fullscreen weather animations back.)​

- Changelog -
    OP will post updates in the thread.​

- Credits -
    Hinxnz for his ideas and help.

Also to the teams who made ROM Cleaner, ViperS and Revelation.​

- Downloads -
    Thank you for your share!
    thanks for your effort on fine tuning this script. will be using it for my next ViperS reinstallation.
    Thanks for share...:good:
    Can you please post download link, because we can't download from xda app from your signature.
    Bdw, great work, thanks

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Don't you have a browser? lol

Sure, will do :)

Edit: Links now present in OP post.