[Q] Root attempt gone wrong

Search This thread

Scooby999

Sep 10, 2009
Soft Bricked

When trying to root I got stuck in Down Load and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have a link to a ROM I can try to flash with ODIN? I tried the bonuzzz rom and this is what Odin says.
<ID:0/003> Initialzation..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> PK

<ID:0/003> NAND Write Start!!

Last edited:

george64g

May 29, 2011
Portage
Purchased tablet, Someone Rooted before me!

I purchased a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 before my birthday, had cash so I got it. Now I found out someone tried rooting it with Odin. I've been taking my time to read everything before attempting to root this thing. How do I get it back to stock now that I don't have a backup. I already tried factory reset, but when I went to access the safe mode I found Odin listed at the top. In other words what the Hell do I do now!!! Please help me. (Noob need Help!!!)

goenieg

Jul 2, 2011
I purchased a AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 before my birthday, had cash so I got it. Now I found out someone tried rooting it with Odin. I've been taking my time to read everything before attempting to root this thing. How do I get it back to stock now that I don't have a backup. I already tried factory reset, but when I went to access the safe mode I found Odin listed at the top. In other words what the Hell do I do now!!! Please help me. (Noob need Help!!!)

Download the hyperdrive rommin the dev section. Copy it to sd card. Boot into recovery (on button and volume down) flash it.

Jun 18, 2015
So this happened to me, and this is my first time rooting. I have the tar file for recovery. How do I proceed? I haven't unplugged my note pro, can I just put in the new file in the pda and start, or do I need to restart odin? Really kind of worried...

I'm exactly in the same situation. I need to know how to flash it, please help.

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I did. I did the uninstaller for the USB drivers several times, with no luck. So finally I just deleted the Samsung folders in program files and program files x86. I did not reinstall Kies, just the USB drivers from samsung.com. I used odin 3.09, and it went flawlessly. Well, mostly-wifi took a *long* time to reconnect the first time after boot, but I'd also installed the update just before rooting, so dunno if it was the rooting or the update.

Can you tell me how to flash the recovery image? I don't know which buttons I have to push to flash it with Odin. Thank you so much in advance. :)

Jun 18, 2015
So this happened to me, and this is my first time rooting. I have the tar file for recovery. How do I proceed? I haven't unplugged my note pro, can I just put in the new file in the pda and start, or do I need to restart odin? Really kind of worried...

I've got it. I've been Googling and I realised that I just needed to press "AP or PDA" and start. I've downloaded Odin v 3.09 and cleaned Samsung folders on "Program files" and "Program files x86" too.

Jun 18, 2015
Success! Thank you very much for sharing your experience heldc!!!

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

I did. I did the uninstaller for the USB drivers several times, with no luck. So finally I just deleted the Samsung folders in program files and program files x86. I did not reinstall Kies, just the USB drivers from samsung.com. I used odin 3.09, and it went flawlessly. Well, mostly-wifi took a *long* time to reconnect the first time after boot, but I'd also installed the update just before rooting, so dunno if it was the rooting or the update.

How did you get the WiFi to work? I've rebooted the device twice but it doesn't work. Please help, I'll thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same problem... root failed with several colored line. and doesnt start anymore.
    Can you explain to me what do you mean by "I un-tar-red the recovery file. Leaving it as .tar solved the issue." ?
    Thank

Since the recovery image was downloaded as aan .tar file, which is a container file like .zip or.7z, I thought that I needed to unzip it.
    You can mount the .tar file in Odin as it is, without unzipping it first.

You can find the recovery download location in the CF-root thread.
    I'm having this same problem. I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip from download.chainfire.eu. I extracted the zip file, leaving me with a tar.md5 file. I try to flash that file, and end up with multicolor bars across the screen, exactly like if the video card dies on a mobile.

Here's what Odin has output as of when the error occurs. It flashes up a big red failed in the upper left box.
    Code:
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/005> recovery.img
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/005> cache.img
    <ID:0/005> 
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    <ID:0/005> Removed!!

So I flashed the original recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50492301&postcount=234 and got a working but unrooted tablet. And I flashed CF with both 3.09 and 3.07, with a flash back to stock before each. Same thing every time-picture of a dying video card, except display is fine once flashed back to stock. Pic of the display added, on the off chance it helps.
    Install Kies 3, then go into the Tools menu and reinstall the USB drivers. Reboot. Try auto root again. Should work on the first try.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
    I'm having this same problem. I downloaded CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.zip from download.chainfire.eu. I extracted the zip file, leaving me with a tar.md5 file. I try to flash that file, and end up with multicolor bars across the screen, exactly like if the video card dies on a mobile.

Here's what Odin has output as of when the error occurs. It flashes up a big red failed in the upper left box.
    Code:
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> CF-Auto-Root-v1awifi-v1awifixx-smp900.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/005> recovery.img
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!! 
    <ID:0/005> cache.img
    <ID:0/005> 
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    <ID:0/005> Removed!!

So I flashed the original recovery from http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50492301&postcount=234 and got a working but unrooted tablet. And I flashed CF with both 3.09 and 3.07, with a flash back to stock before each. Same thing every time-picture of a dying video card, except display is fine once flashed back to stock. Pic of the display added, on the off chance it helps.