[ROM][Gingerbread] 2.3.2 | Clean Android | AOSP | Joestone

Search This thread
J

joostvhoek

ALL CREDITS GO TO JOESTONE

This is the AOSP of Joestone
He made a version of Gingerbread for our phone.
This version is clean, so no cyanogenmod, just Android

devicee.png
device2i.png
devicert.png

This is a topic where joestone writes daily updates about his project:
http://logout.hu/bejegyzes/joestone/joestone_gt540_2_3/friss.html

This on other forums:
Android Forum PL
4pda.ru Forum
If you have other links from forums, please post it!

What is working:
Wifi,
Audio
GSM , mms send and receive, automatic apn setup, mobilinternet
Bluetooth
Sensors
Camera
SD card
USB connection
Google market , gmail
GPS, aGPS
Root
APP2SD
FMradio
What is not working:
PCSUITE
Screen calibiration

Fixes in newest verison
DSP Manager is working
iptables and tuneling enabled in the kernel
the default cpu clock was changed to 600 MHz
the cardiotrainer app (and hopefully all others which gave maps error) works
Hopefully increased speed for wifi , hsdpa, umts
the kernel was updated by the lg's source released on 2011.04.12.

Some more screenshots of this version:
287518_ginger28.png
device3y.png
device1a.png
device5y.png
device6z.png
287518_ginger32.png
287518_ginger34.png
287518_ginger39.thumb.png

Download Link

Posted 05-22-11 so 22 May
For fastboot -> ginger....zip
For recovery -> recovery....zip

Video of first version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQNOJqLyuT0

For fastboot installation
Code:
fastboot -w
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase system
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot reboot

This is a video of a earlier version so it is just for the impression. In the version in this topic is much more working http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5u8d_Db6o

Last edited:
J

joostvhoek

I haven't try a benchmark yet but I can tell you because it is still in development it's not totaly smooth.

Joost

themono

Sep 15, 2010
What kernel is this based on? My hope is he's recompiling the (I think 2.6.35?) kernel native to Gingerbread, rather than the other ROM's which have been using a variation on the original LG 2.6.29 kernel. If so, I'd hope we can port that kernel over to CM7.

J

joostvhoek

What kernel is this based on? My hope is he's recompiling the (I think 2.6.35?) kernel native to Gingerbread, rather than the other ROM's which have been using a variation on the original LG 2.6.29 kernel. If so, I'd hope we can port that kernel over to CM7.

As you can see on one of the screenshots, this is still kenrel 2.6.29. A few russian are making kernel 2.6.35 http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=215440

Joost

fishears

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
github.com
How lucky are we?! Seriously, to have two projects working to bring Gingerbread to the GT540... I bought mine mid December 2010 with 1.6 installed and look at us now...

keewanchoapsss

Aug 30, 2010
Kilmarnock
As soon as this is into the Beta stages I will use it, still in alpha stages at the moment am I correct? I want off of CM7 if I'm honest, I just love stock things.

J

joostvhoek

As soon as this is into the Beta stages I will use it, still in alpha stages at the moment am I correct? I want off of CM7 if I'm honest, I just love stock things.

I don't know in wich stage it is. I call it pre-beta... It is no more alpha because pretty much is working.

Joost

fdespotovski

Jan 5, 2011
Skopje
I will get this version as soon as more things are improved.I liked the CM7 version but the battery problem caused too much problems for me.I hope this version will get improved as soon as possible.

Mur4ik

Aug 24, 2010
I'll try it :)

Glad to know that enybody else try tot do something with our phone.
But I dont undrstand what is benefit of original android. But as alternative that cool to see a difference between stuf. Would be cool if someone third try to make a CAF version. I think it has a more perfomanse responsibilities and many impruvements.

Keep up the work, good luck.

Destroyer-XDA

Jan 5, 2011
A pub somewhere
How lucky are we?! Seriously, to have two projects working to bring Gingerbread to the GT540

Agree. :D Amazing really, especially considering how old the hardware is, not supporting flash, etc. At least with 2.3 we have some hope of using some of the newer apps.

My hope is he's recompiling the (I think 2.6.35?) kernel native to Gingerbread, rather than the other ROM's which have been using a variation on the original LG 2.6.29 kernel

Good if its easy but just like compiling kernels on linux, newer kernels cause some big headaches with drivers. I'd rather have the older kernel and have it working correctly then wait for the newer kernel to function properly.

Anything in the newer kernel that we need/want?

pashinator

Nov 17, 2010
Wirral
First of all yes this is an advantage of having 2.3.1 aswell but its hard to put in words.
second can i ask when would it be updated to the latest 2.3.3 from aosp?
third i got the phone on 28 sept 2010 and on that day was my birthday and also on that day joestone released the rootgt540!
look at the progress of openetna and you will realise that we will get new kernels, just that we need to establish a fully working rom first.
what is CAF?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @Joe
    I'm still wondering about the debate over the notification power widget: I mean, I know it's not AOSP but if LG added it to 2.1 then it is at least "stock"... I think if LG ever had released a 2.2 or a 2.3 then they would have included it. What do you think?

I will try to implement it , but this is not a simply put an apk source and thats all . It is referenced a lot of place in the source. mainly it is in systemui but it is still in settings .
    Hi Everybody !

Sorry to say the 0613 was the last release.
    Today my phone was bricked and will replace it to HTC Desire HD or HTC Sensation.

I Wish the best !

Good Bye !
    The new version is uploaded.
    Overclock bug repeaired.
    In-call volume control bug is fixed.
    The maximum frequency is increased to 892 MHz.
    The 640*480 videorecording is working with lgcamera app.
    Now the phone sees the ad-hoc wifi network.
    The live wallpapers are working.
    adwlauncher included.
    Home selector included.
    Reboot included in poweroff menu.
    The automatic apn setup should work now with the russian sim cards.
    Myphoneexplorer is included.
    Youtube media share is working.
    Hey joe!!!!
    Do you have plans to upgrade 2.3.4??

Yes , it is running parallel , but I am busy with my job so I have very limited time to develop.
    There is data2system version uploaded.

ginger0508d2s.zip for fastboot install .
    fastboot -w
    fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash boot bootd2s.img
    fastboot flash userdata system.img
    fastboot reboot

recovery0508d2s.zip for recovery restore install.