[REF] Don't Start A New Thread - Blackstone Questions & Answers Here!

Search This thread

O and O

Feb 5, 2009
I asked this before but got nothing so I'll ask again.

I'm getting my HD tomorrow (YAY!) and I've got a few questions.

1. I don't mind using the intergrated mail program it seems quite good, but is it possible to get an add-on program of somesort so I get push mail or something. I use my uni's imap service, google apps and gmail so push mail would be good but 5 minute checks I can live with (how does battery fear with this).
2. I have a program on my N95 called big time so I get big icons on the screen saver when I get a missed call or message (as well as the actual time), does the HD have anything like this S2SU I think it is seems good but can it do this?

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I asked this before but got nothing so I'll ask again.

I'm getting my HD tomorrow (YAY!) and I've got a few questions.

1. I don't mind using the intergrated mail program it seems quite good, but is it possible to get an add-on program of somesort so I get push mail or something. I use my uni's imap service, google apps and gmail so push mail would be good but 5 minute checks I can live with (how does battery fear with this).
2. I have a program on my N95 called big time so I get big icons on the screen saver when I get a missed call or message (as well as the actual time), does the HD have anything like this S2SU I think it is seems good but can it do this?

1. Congradulations on getting your HD. To answer your first question. I would use the program Seven. www.seven.com. This is a program that I use personally and it pushes my Work e-mail, Gmail, and hotmail. Works quite well. I don't really notice a huge difference on battery life. More or less the same as the exchange server that I use as well.
  2. Yes S2U2 screen saver lets you know if you have a missed call, text message, or really almost any kind of notification. It will even have your calendar of the next meeting etc. There are tons of settings to play around with.

O and O

Feb 5, 2009
  1. Congradulations on getting your HD. To answer your first question. I would use the program Seven. www.seven.com. This is a program that I use personally and it pushes my Work e-mail, Gmail, and hotmail. Works quite well. I don't really notice a huge difference on battery life. More or less the same as the exchange server that I use as well.
  2. Yes S2U2 screen saver lets you know if you have a missed call, text message, or really almost any kind of notification. It will even have your calendar of the next meeting etc. There are tons of settings to play around with.

Thank you for your help and praise :D. SEVEN seems interesting, so it pushes the email to the Pocket Outlook? Also how is the battery life for Exchange server. How large can the S2U2 icons go? Sounds good overall though.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thank you for your help and praise :D. SEVEN seems interesting, so it pushes the email to the Pocket Outlook? Also how is the battery life for Exchange server. How large can the S2U2 icons go? Sounds good overall though.

No it doesn't push any e-mail to pocket outlook. It creates it's own Mail setup.

Battery life on the exchange server varies from how long you are connected to it and the peak times that you set. Also what radio you use and whether or not you use 3G.

The S2U2 icons are pretty large. I don't think you can modify the size of them. I would check the S2U2 thread in the development and hacking for more questions.

Hope this helps and thanks for posting in the Blackstone Q & A section.

Bengaz

Apr 20, 2007
ok managed to disable the screensaver but still stuck with the default location for "my pictures". Anyone?:(

gurluver

Apr 19, 2005
Hanoi
[Q] 4 icons on same row & sms reply space

I just upgrade the ROM and I can't remember how can I do these below, i've tried searching but seems like i can't find the correct keyword to return those...
1. There was some registry change to allow you see 3/4/6 icons in your program menu list (3 by default).
2. Increase the Threaded SMS reply space (currently 2 line if you put your text size to medium), i remember it is using some xml files or html file to change the height but I can't find it....

If any1 can point me the thread or show me how to do it (again) that'd be great.

Many thanks

RedUn

Feb 10, 2009
Newbie Questions - Orange

Hi,

Firstly this is my first post on here so Hi to everyone, i've never seen a forum so packed with information before!

Secondly i've just picked up my first windows mobile phone, a HTC Touch HD(what a phone!), the first thing I did being an avid messer was look for a forum like this one to see what I can mess with and I must say it's blown my mind :D

Now before you say read the Wiki, I have done about 5 times and it's left me with a few questions that I couldn't find answers too...

Now the first things I have done are install the hotfix to reduce lag, google maps, installed .NET framework 3.5 to my pc which also installed on my phone and installed HD tweak but now I feel like I need more so i've been reading about these ROM's and RADIO's??

My phone is on Orange details below :
ROM version : 1.19.61.1 WWE
Radio version : 1.09.25.14
Protocol version : 52.49a.25.26U

What does each of those do and can I put a non branded ROM on my Orange phone as it says that it's locked on your Wiki page or will it mess it up?

I've kinda figured out that the ROM is like the OS so I can understand why newer is better but I have no idea what the Radio is though??

So I guess my questions in brief are:
1. What is a Radio?
2. Can I put a normal ROM on my orange phone? (if so..)
3. Which one? The latest normal one or a cooked one? (Duttys?)

Sorry for all the questions but I just couldn't find what I was looking for I guess, I hope someone can help!

Thanks
Rick :)

RedUn

Feb 10, 2009
Thanks for finding that in the glossary, I looked everywhere and couldn't find it!

Ok then I will leave it for a bit longer, i've got a few more little things to try out yet first I think :)

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thanks for finding that in the glossary, I looked everywhere and couldn't find it!

Ok then I will leave it for a bit longer, i've got a few more little things to try out yet first I think :)

Glad you found that information useful. If you have any more Questions just post in this thread and I will do my best to answer all questions in this thread. That's what it's all about! :)

RedUn

Feb 10, 2009

I've just got .NET 3.5 working now and i've installed some tune up CAB, so far so good!

Tyrion84

Jan 15, 2009
Hello everybody.

I would my phone to disconnect after a set period of time from GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA or whatever else.

I tried registry hack, as mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=377873.

I tried HD tweak and GS-SOFT tweak too. In every case I noticed that the registry key change effectively, but unfortunately the connection remains active.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance :)

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hello everybody.

I would my phone to disconnect after a set period of time from GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA or whatever else.

I tried registry hack, as mentioned here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=377873.

I tried HD tweak and GS-SOFT tweak too. In every case I noticed that the registry key change effectively, but unfortunately the connection remains active.

Any solution?

Thanks in advance :)

I applied the tweak auto-disconnect after 1 minute in HD Tweak and my phone sucessfully did so. What ROM are you using? Make sure that you are not connected to an Exchange server or push e-mail service or have a Internet browser open. I believe all of these things will cause the data connection to be active.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    has that problem always existed or did it come with a recent rom change?
    in any case, you should try the cross-test to rule out possible hardware issues. try another sim card in your blackstone and try the current blackstone's sim card in another phone. in case both works, it might be more difficult to find the cause of the issue.
    as it seems from your spl 1.14 and rom 1.14, you already are on stock rom, so there would be no need to flash anything (yet).
    any news on the cross test yet?
    could you ensure, that both the sim card slot of the blackstone and your sim card are physically working? because that is the most important step before people start naming 179 causes, why a sim card might not be recognized by the phone, beginning with branding, sim lock, cid lock and ending in the card being too loose and shaking in its slot.
    that is no solution since apparently the usb cable works for charging.
    it wouldn't hurt to cross test though:
    - use the cable with another device (so many devices have mini usb these days, including digital cameras, hdds, card readers and other accessories)
    - try another usb cable with the blackstone

that way, you can determine, which of the 2 components is actually broken. but i suspect it would be the usb port in the blackstone. since the spare parts are extremely expensive, you might want to look for other ways to connect your phone to the pc:
    - for syncing with outlook, you can use bluetooth connection
    - for transferring files, you can use wifi remote access or a card reader
    - for flashing the phone, use the sd card method ("BLACIMG.nbh")
    you see, you can bypass the usb port completely.
    hello
    i have a problem: my HD's volume keys braked. i want it to go in bootloader mode . how i can do that without using volume key?
    (i have already hspl it and have no rom on it)

You can take the cover out, take care to the battery not to fall down, and push internal volume keys (I suggest you having the device fixed and using some kind of pen to push the volume keys. Or you can ask somebody to give you a cover while you are doing the bootloader mode.
    Bootloader without hardware key

thank you for answering .
    but some misunderstanding happened.
    i mean the internal key is braked and removed completely.
    i tried to connect the wires to act as key but its wires were too tiny for me to connect them.
    what i can do now?
    is any non-hardware way to boot in three-color mode?

Start your phone normally to Windows Mobile.
    Use File Explorer.
    Navigate to the Windows directory.
    There is a file named "Bootloader.lnk".
    Execute it and you will get the bootloader mode.