[Q] Ubuntu Touch on Gnexus

Search This thread

belfouf

Jun 5, 2010
Paris
Hello everybody,

I'm used to flashing but I'm not a dev' and I think we are many who could be interested by this :

So I saw this article https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install on how to install Ubuntu Touch on our old but still good galaxy nexus.

And I wonder : is it possible to flash img through recovery or do we have to follow all the tutorial ? because I don't feel very confident about doing it and I also wanted to share it with others

mrgnex

Jan 10, 2013
Vlaardingen
Hello everybody,

I'm used to flashing but I'm not a dev' and I think we are many who could be interested by this :

So I saw this article https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Install on how to install Ubuntu Touch on our old but still good galaxy nexus.

And I wonder : is it possible to flash img through recovery or do we have to follow all the tutorial ? because I don't feel very confident about doing it and I also wanted to share it with others

No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

belfouf

Jun 5, 2010
Paris
thx

No you cant flash it through recovery. You need to do it with fastboot. It is safe though. You can always go back to android. I believe there is a thread somewhere around here that shows you how to dual boot android and ubuntu.

Okay thank you for your time I'll try :p

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing

Huh? I swear I had installed Ubuntu Touch (the first stable version back in November) via recovery, by flashing a global ZIP and a device-specific ZIP.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11