Widgets for Androkkid

Search This thread

wmdirk

Dec 25, 2008
tinyurl.com
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2, the 2nd release candidate (and I hope the final version) is here. Changes:

- missed calls icon ("missedCalls")
- outlined text for battery, alarm, unread sms and number of missed calls (increased readability)
- G-Alarm support for alarm type 0 (should finally be ok now)
- clock digits a little further apart
- weather forecast shows the day names instead of the date
- new version of WMD-AndrokkidLib

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2, the 2nd release candidate (and I hope the final version) is here. Changes:

- outlined text for battery, alarm, unread sms and number of missed calls (increased readability)

All working. :D :cool:

lancekemp

Oct 31, 2009
wmd-clockv20-rc2

wmdirk
Hello

I am getting an error when trying to add wmd-clockv20-rc2

DrawWidget()Error
Method not found:
showTextAt
WMDAndrokkidLid.wmdsoft.androkkid.widget.WidgetManager

I am going back to RC1

Attachments

• Log.txt
    417 bytes · Views: 5
Last edited:

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
wmdirk
Hello

I am getting an error when trying to add wmd-clockv20-rc2

DrawWidget()Error
Method not found:
showTextAt
WMDAndrokkidLid.wmdsoft.androkkid.widget.WidgetManager

I am going back to RC1

I got the same thing with RC3 till I remembered I hadn't placed a copy of the latest WMDAndrokkidlib into Androkkid's main folder. Once I did that, it worked fine.

kraski

May 31, 2008
Baltimore, MD
I have one more request for WMDClockPlus. Email count & access. That one might be a little more "interesting" to create, since each email source seems to have it's own set of mailboxes. Since I now have a profile switcher, that would nicely replace the wifi toggle, letting me replace the full sized email icon with something else.

Last edited:

lancekemp

Oct 31, 2009
wmd-clockv20-rc2

wmdirk
I got RC2 to now work thanks to kraski
Now, looking at the widget, the textShadow looks to be on for the small batter and alarm clock. I have set it to yes then started it and set it to no and started it. The text looks the same which looks to be shadowed.

Last edited:

wmdirk

Dec 25, 2008
tinyurl.com
wmdirk
I got RC2 to now work thanks to kraski
Now, looking at the widget, the textShadow looks to be on for the small batter and alarm clock. I have set it to yes then started it and set it to no and started it. The text looks the same which looks to be shadowed.

The text should be outlined rather than shadowed. I've used the same technique as Simo did with his battery. The shadow setting has no effect on outlined text. Is the text on your device not readable? (The intention was to increase readability, not decrease it) Can you post a screenshot?

lancekemp

Oct 31, 2009
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2

The text should be outlined rather than shadowed. I've used the same technique as Simo did with his battery. The shadow setting has no effect on outlined text. Is the text on your device not readable? (The intention was to increase readability, not decrease it) Can you post a screenshot?

Hello wmdirk
not at this time, camera is broken. but the text is not as readable as it once was, with WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC1.

chumpster

Dec 23, 2006
California
WMD-Clock+ v2.0-RC2

wmdirk,

I have used RC2 more extensively and I have a request. The current weather panel has a button for Forecast and a button for Update. On my VGA phone, the buttons are small and very close together. It makes it kind of difficult to navigate with my finger; it almost forces me to use the stylus.

Can you make the panel bigger (I know you are supporting QVGA so this could be difficult)? Or can you make the buttons bigger and space the buttons apart a little bit? Preferably, you can do a combination of a bigger panel and bigger buttons.

I guess I should have brought this up in after the RC1 release, but I did not use it enough.

Thanks.

wmdirk

Dec 25, 2008
tinyurl.com
wmdirk,

I have used RC2 more extensively and I have a request. The current weather panel has a button for Forecast and a button for Update. On my VGA phone, the buttons are small and very close together. It makes it kind of difficult to navigate with my finger; it almost forces me to use the stylus.

Can you make the panel bigger (I know you are supporting QVGA so this could be difficult)? Or can you make the buttons bigger and space the buttons apart a little bit? Preferably, you can do a combination of a bigger panel and bigger buttons.

I guess I should have brought this up in after the RC1 release, but I did not use it enough.

Thanks.

I'll do my best. Panel size are however limited to the widget's background and cannot go outside of that. I'll see what I can do with the spacing.
I'm making some fundamental modifications right now. Instead of releasing v2.0, it may go back to beta stage...

Last edited:

alecoddlyiv

Jun 27, 2007
im liking the icons under the clock that is nice, have you thought about an option to make the weather icon different sizes also?

qkzoo

Mar 26, 2009
Goraps Weather

I keep getting this error all of a sudden with Goraps Weather where it says Visual Basic Resource file not found, or something like that. I reinstalled but the .net 3.5 stuff, and Androkkid and Goraps. Still get the error, not sure what I did or didn't do. Any ideas?

wmdirk

Dec 25, 2008
tinyurl.com
I keep getting this error all of a sudden with Goraps Weather where it says Visual Basic Resource file not found, or something like that. I reinstalled but the .net 3.5 stuff, and Androkkid and Goraps. Still get the error, not sure what I did or didn't do. Any ideas?

Did you reinstall MortScript? (Not that I have any idea of what could be going wrong, but it's the only component you didn't mention)

lancekemp

Oct 31, 2009
WMD-Clock+ v2.1-beta1

Hello wmdirk

From my testing of WMD-Clock+ v2.1-beta1
1. Custom Icons. I think you have not set them up to work. If you have, I have not been able to make them work. I placed them at the bottom as well as on the left and right. I can see them, but when I click on them they do not start the program assigned to them. I do like being able to place what ever you want around the clock, left, right or bottom. I did move the alarm to the left and battery and profile to the right and they do work as well as when their on the bottom i.e. when clicking they work and display the info.

2. Weather last updated. Can you make it so that it can be turned off or moved back to the panel. When I have 4 icons on the bottom I can not read the update.

3. Weather panel. Can you move the Today and Forecast button so they line up in front of Update or move them to be left justified. Some of the text for the weather goes under the buttons and can not be read.

4. I did put the alarm info under the hour and it works, when I clicked it, it opened g-alarm, but I remove it as i like it on the alarm icon.

5. I did not test any of the other stuff, as I use WMDRegInfo for email and so on.

Last edited: