Deleted OS from HTC One X+, fix?

Search This thread

Jehsun

Aug 20, 2014
Long story short i rooted my phone tried to delete an app accidentally clicked on a system file, tried to wipe phone and removed os by accident. any way that i can fix this? iv been looking for quite awhile and i cant seem to figure out something that works.

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
I assume your using a custom recovery? You can use ADB Sideload from recovery to push a custom rom.zip to your device.

I'm not sure about CWM but in TWRP the sideload option is hidden in 'advanced'.

Jehsun

Aug 20, 2014
I assume your using a custom recovery? You can use ADB Sideload from recovery to push a custom rom.zip to your device.

thanks so much, i love you. anyways it turns out i was just being retarded i was trying to use a rom that wasnt compatible with my phone but thanks to you i decided to try another, so my thanks to you!:D

Jehsun

Aug 20, 2014

well i got excited too quickly i guess, after i installed the rom, it still said that i had no os installed and i was still stuck looking at the htc logo with nothing happening

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
i used Android revolution: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1987885 and to install it i used twrp's sideload after i flashed the newest version of twrp onto it

You need to download this boot.img http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Flash_boot_8.x_0.1.rar and flash it from fastboot.

Use the command fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sorry for all the edited replies. I've been in the HTC One section recently and only just realised you have the HOX+. lol

Last edited:

Jehsun

Aug 20, 2014
You need to download this boot.img http://www.androidrevolution.org/downloader/download.php?file=Flash_boot_8.x_0.1.rar and flash it from fastboot.

Use the command fastboot flash boot boot.img

Sorry for all the edited replies. I've been in the HTC One section recently and only just realised you have the HOX+. lol
ive done all that, sorry i havent responded quicker recaptcha hasnt been working for some reasonive done all that, sorry i havent responded quicker recaptcha hasnt been working for some reason

Last edited:

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
Hey, it's sounds familiar to what happened with my frnds nexus 7, is twrp showing this while rebooting that no os is installed? So it's seriously a problem because while researching Alot that time we found that problm is with emmc it's may b hardware+software issue as hardware may b gt corrupted if not than it's problm in some type of emmc partitions. Emmc is basically your storage. At that time we only found to install new emmc so we unroot it and and boatloader locked and send it to service center and got money back. May b it's another thing with you bt it's my personal experiences

Jehsun

Aug 20, 2014
Hey, it's sounds familiar to what happened with my frnds nexus 7, is twrp showing this while rebooting that no os is installed? So it's seriously a problem because while researching Alot that time we found that problm is with emmc it's may b hardware+software issue as hardware may b gt corrupted if not than it's problm in some type of emmc partitions. Emmc is basically your storage. At that time we only found to install new emmc so we unroot it and and boatloader locked and send it to service center and got money back. May b it's another thing with you bt it's my personal experiences
it is showing up on twrp when i reboot, and i wont be able to send in my phone because i bought it off craigslist awhile ago