[Q] HELP! Samsung Galaxy TAB not detecting SIM

Search This thread

solom

Feb 20, 2010
I wonder if anyone had problems with their Samsung Galaxy Tab after Gingerbread update via Kies? I updated mine yesterday and today my TAB auto shut down a few times and can't start up property. It auto reboot a few times before it boots up normally. Problem resolved after factory reset, but my TAB can't detect my sim card anymore. It states 'No Service'. Darn... :mad:

I even have problem trying to connect to Kies.

For your info,

PDA: P1000DXJPE
PHONE: Unknown :confused:
CSC: P1000OLBJPE

I think maybe the ROM for the phone is not installed correctly? :confused: How can I fix that?

Last edited:

solom

Feb 20, 2010
My Galaxy TAB model is GT-P1000 (not sim locked), sim card and region from Maxis Malaysia. I had just updated the ROM via Kies from Froyo 2.2 to Gingerbread 2.3.3 when this happens.

I just started rooting my tab few days ago by following some instructions on how to use Odin and no.. I am not experienced in using Odin. :D

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

noxxious

Jan 9, 2010
P1000DXJPE_Modem

above file is P1000DXJPE modem flashable via odin.

1. Power off your tab and set to download mode (Power + Volume Down).
2. Connect you tab to your pc and run Odin.
3. Click on the [PHONE] button and browse and select P1000DXJPE_Modem.tar file.

it will look something like this.
001bcj.jpg

4. hit start and wait for it to finish.

002cqv.jpg

Reactions: cyclonmaster

solom

Feb 20, 2010
It doesn't seem to work. I followed your instructions and the phone software is still Unknown. By the way, do you think I should reflash my Galaxy TAB again? Any idea where I can download the complete ROMs for P1000DXJPE Gingerbread 2.3.3?

noxxious

Jan 9, 2010
i think you should.. you could download P1000DXJPE on samfirmware.. hope everything goes well. :)

Reactions: solom

solom

Feb 20, 2010
I guess there might be some problem with my TAB. After reflashing, the modem software are shown correctly, but it is still not able to register to the network and one very strange behavior is, the device is not very stable. At times when I remove the sim, the device try to start up a couple of times before able to successfully boot, and at times the phone modem still show Unknown (very random).
The conclusion is, it is still no working no matter if the phone software shows unknown or otherwise. :(

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
Have you try insert your sim card to others phone?
I face the same problem once with my Htc HD2. Unable to detect my simcard.
Once I try to use my simcard on other phone, the same problem happen.
Meaning my sim card is broken. I go to the center and change with new simcard.
I do ask the customer service how can my sim card broken?, they said its unknow ;P.
BUT my suspect, is due to me always like to change my phone, with the same sim card..haha..at the end sim card broken!!

naimmkassim

Jan 6, 2010
Selangor
I guess there might be some problem with my TAB. After reflashing, the modem software are shown correctly, but it is still not able to register to the network and one very strange behavior is, the device is not very stable. At times when I remove the sim, the device try to start up a couple of times before able to successfully boot, and at times the phone modem still show Unknown (very random).
The conclusion is, it is still no working no matter if the phone software shows unknown or otherwise. :(

You tab will boot if your take out your simcard during the tab in ON condition. Its same condition if your sim card started to fail or broken, it will also reboot since its consider there is no sim card. Its normal condition with all smartphone/tablet. :D

solom

Feb 20, 2010
Although I bought a WiFi + 3G TAB, most of the time the TAB is running on WiFi without sim card. But once a while I might use it with my sim. ;)

My sim seems to be working fine on my Sony Ericsson X1 and I've actually swap two different sims to the TAB and both are showing similar results. :(

As I know before the Gingerbread upgrade on Kies, there will be an additional icon (sim card icon) if the sim is not inserted. As for my case now, the icon is not shown with the phone software = unknown. Sometimes after a few reboot, the icon reappear and the phone software is shown correctly but still unable to register to the network (although the 'EasyAccess' services on the Maxis sim is shown in the TAB programs).

When I tried another sim and if the phone software is detected, at times the coverage bar will be shown for a few seconds (registering) and goes back to the (/) sign again and attempt a few more times before the phone reboots itself for a couple of times. :(

I doubt it is a problem with the sim, more towards the TAB, either on the software or the sim slot hardware. :(

I wonder if anyone else had the same problem or if I am the only ONE...

noxxious

Jan 9, 2010
i think you problem is more on the hardware side bro, if you are under warranty i suggest you visit a samsung service center.

* just don't forget to unroot and remove apps that need root before sending your tab for repair... :)

striver101

Feb 8, 2015
Hello!

I hope I am in the right thread.
My friend asked me to help her out with her tablet.
A Samsung Galaxy Tab p1000 Openline running CyanogenMod stable 9.1.0
Location Philippines

I tried to update the tablet but it is still not detecting the simcard

Do I have to download Odin ?
I want mobile data to work again for the tablet.

Thank you advance for any advice :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    P1000DXJPE_Modem

above file is P1000DXJPE modem flashable via odin.

1. Power off your tab and set to download mode (Power + Volume Down).
    2. Connect you tab to your pc and run Odin.
    3. Click on the [PHONE] button and browse and select P1000DXJPE_Modem.tar file.

001bcj.jpg

4. hit start and wait for it to finish.

002cqv.jpg
    i think you should.. you could download P1000DXJPE on samfirmware.. hope everything goes well. :)