Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
20572262.jpg

Thanks to poler166 for design

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! NO KANGS OR MIRRORS PLEASE!

Can't post in the development section yet? Give feedback here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586146

Features:
Code:
[SIZE="4"]- ICS latest 4.0.4
- CM9
- OC to 1.2GHz (kernel 3.0 is very snappy even at that)
- APEX launcher and Trebuchet Launcher
- Lots of pre-installed apps (uninstallable)
- G-Apps included
- Themed with the standard ICS blue color in ALL apps and extras (smooth UI, will get smoother in the next milestone)
- File Manager
- Useless stuff removed (Camera, Voice recorder, voice actions, phone, facelock)
- ICS Direct port sounds
- Increased battery life (wifi supplicant scan = 150)
- Much more![/SIZE]

Bugs:
Code:
- All issues involving kernel 3.0 (v1.2H to latest versions)
- All issues involving kernel 2.6 (v1.2 to older versions)

more information [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24006456#post24006456"][U][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/U][/URL]

Instructions:
1. Download newest CM9 Reloaded version
2. Put on sdcard
3. Boot into recovery (MUST BE TWRP)
4. Backup current rom (optional)
5. Wipe data (factory reset), wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache
6. Flash CM9 Reloaded
7. Wipe Cache and Dalvik
8. Reboot
9. On first boot, choose "Setup Wizard"
(Follow these letter for letter, or it will probably not work!)

DOWNLOAD:

You can always find the latest EXPERIMENTAL and BETA builds in the following link: www.reloadedrom-selection.weebly.com

v1.3:

CM9 Reloaded for Kindle Fire - v1.3

Out with the old!
v1.2H
v1.2
v1.1
v1.0.1

Thanks to:
NRGZ28 for letting me use a few broken .apk files
CM team for the source (made this possible)
intersectRaven for his wonderful kernel! (in v1.2 and under)
Hashcode for the amazing kernel 3.0! (in v1.2H and above)
poler166 for graphic designs in this thread (Graphic designer on Team Reloaded)

Thank you so much guys :D!

Screenshots in post #2
Changelog and CPU Governor overview in #3
Bugs explained & Coming soon #4

Thanks for Reloading your KF!

Last edited:

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Changelog and CPU Governor Overview

Changelog:

Code:
v1.3 - Graphical updates, performance tweaks, new kernel version

Code:
v1.2H - Kernel 3.0 (fixed hardware acceleration and many other issues like SOD)

v1.2
1. New Soft Keys (stock soft keys are now blue and reflective)
2. New Lockscreen color (has a blue glow)
3. Flashable Mods (for soft keys and other things)
4. Updated Apps
5. Integrated Google Apps (single flash rom!)
6. Better CPU app
7. Graphic Improvements
8. Bug Fixes
9. Modified build.prop
10. Few other minor things

v1.1
Bug Fixes
cpu change issue fixed
cpu app 
less launchers 
and many improvements(graphic wise and performance wise)

v1.0.1 - initial release of CM9 Reloaded KF build[/SIZE]

CPU GOVERNOR OVERVIEW:
Performance Governor:
This locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. While this may sound like an ugly idea, there is growing evidence to suggest that running a phone at its maximum frequency at all times will allow a faster race-to-idle. Race-to-idle is the process by which a phone completes a given task, such as syncing email, and returns the CPU to the extremely efficient low-power state. This still requires extensive testing, and a kernel that properly implements a given CPU's C-states (low power states). For more on this, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GLaDOS kernel from developer Ezekeel has been a pioneer in this space.

Conservative Governor:
This biases the phone to prefer the lowest possible clockspeed as often as possible. In other words, a larger and more persistent load must be placed on the CPU before the conservative governor will be prompted to raise the CPU clockspeed. Depending on how the developer has implemented this governor, and the minimum clockspeed chosen by the user, the conservative governor can introduce choppy performance. On the other hand, it can be good for battery life.

The Conservative Governor is also frequently described as a "slow OnDemand," if that helps to give you a more complete picture of its functionality.

OnDemand Governor:
This governor has a hair trigger for boosting clockspeed to the maximum speed set by the user. If the CPU load placed by the user abates, the OnDemand governor will slowly step back down through the kernel's frequency steppings until it settles at the lowest possible frequency, or the user executes another task to demand a ramp.

OnDemand has excellent interface fluidity because of its high-frequency bias, but it can also have a relatively negative effect on battery life versus other governors. OnDemand is commonly chosen by smartphone manufacturers because it is well-tested, reliable, and virtually guarantees the smoothest possible performance for the phone. This is so because users are vastly more likely to ***** about performance than they are the few hours of extra battery life another governor could have granted them.

This final fact is important to know before you read about the Interactive governor: OnDemand scales its clockspeed in a work queue context. In other words, once the task that triggered the clockspeed ramp is finished, OnDemand will attempt to move the clockspeed back to minimum. If the user executes another task that triggers OnDemand's ramp, the clockspeed will bounce from minimum to maximum. This can happen especially frequently if the user is multi-tasking. This, too, has negative implications for battery life.

Userspace Governor:
This governor, exceptionally rare for the world of mobile devices, allows any program executed by the user to set the CPU's operating frequency. This governor is more common amongst servers or desktop PCs where an application (like a power profile app) needs privileges to set the CPU clockspeed.

Powersave Governor:
The opposite of the Performance governor, the Powersave governor locks the CPU frequency at the lowest frequency set by the user.

Interactive Governor:
Much like the OnDemand governor, the Interactive governor dynamically scales CPU clockspeed in response to the workload placed on the CPU by the user. This is where the similarities end. Interactive is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency.

Unlike OnDemand, which you'll recall scales clockspeed in the context of a work queue, Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set arbitrarily by the kernel developer. In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. This can eliminate the frequency bouncing discussed in the OnDemand section. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. This is another pro-battery life benefit of Interactive.

However, because Interactive is permitted to spend more time at maximum frequency than OnDemand (for device performance reasons), the battery-saving benefits discussed above are effectively negated. Long story short, Interactive offers better performance than OnDemand (some say the best performance of any governor) and negligibly different battery life.

Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above.

By far, Interactive is the default governor of choice for today's smartphone and tablet manufacturers.

InteractiveX Governor:
Created by kernel developer "Imoseyon," the InteractiveX governor is based heavily on the Interactive governor, enhanced with tuned timer parameters to better balance battery vs. performance. The InteractiveX governor's defining feature, however, is that it locks the CPU frequency to the user's lowest defined speed when the screen is off.

Hotplug Governor:
The Hotplug governor performs very similarly to the OnDemand governor, with the added benefit of being more precise about how it steps down through the kernel's frequency table as the governor measures the user's CPU load. However, the Hotplug governor's defining feature is its ability to turn unused CPU cores off during periods of low CPU utilization. This is known as "hotplugging."

Obviously, this governor is only available on multi-core devices.

Last edited:

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Bugs Explained and Coming Soon

Bugs explained:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]Kernel 3.0 (v1.2H) - Bugs:

- Only flash in TWRP
- Black screen for awhile on boot, wait it out
- Notification graphic glitch (my error, being fixed in v1.3 and v1.3H)
- Wifi - Works once; when you disconnect, you have to reboot to reconnect
- Sometimes weird bars appear on the screen (not too noticeable)
- Can't mount storage when not in TWRP

Kernel 2.6 (v1.2) - Bugs:

- Hardware Acceleration doesn't work (HD video, netflix, some games, quadrant standerd 3d benchmark, etc.) THIS IS A BIGGER DEAL THAN YOU WOULD THINK!! MANY FREEZES, SOD, AND NON-FUNCTIONALITY!![/SIZE]

Coming Soon:

Code:
v1.3 - Graphical fixes, bug fixes, and most likely an updated kernel. Since I no longer have the device, future builds may take 1 or 2 days longer to release as I have nothing to test the build on. Check the beta testing section on my website for beta builds/

Last edited:

dino1342

Aug 30, 2010
Downloading now thanks ill check it out and be back to let u know if there is anything wrong

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

chrisliphart

Apr 7, 2010
Atlanta, GA
No home button problems on my end, but I'm getting a -101 error when trying to download from the Market. I'm updating it to Google Play Store via TiBu to see if that fixes it. Seems odd, and may have nothing to do with the ROM. *shrug*

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
No home button problems on my end, but I'm getting a -101 error when trying to download from the Market. I'm updating it to Google Play Store via TiBu to see if that fixes it. Seems odd, and may have nothing to do with the ROM. *shrug*

Did u install the gapps package? That fixes market problems.

~ BiteBlaze via SGH-T989

isaiahhhhh

Jan 5, 2009
Maine
I'm going to flash this soon but out of curiosity how did you successfully over clock to 1.3 the last time I used the 1.3 kernel I couldn't download from the market.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

isaiahhhhh

Jan 5, 2009
Maine
I used the performance tab in settings to OC and everything works fine if you follow the directions in OP :)

Thanks, I must just be having issues with the gapps part of it. I replied to your post on my boot animation pilot btw, i'll try to work on it tonight a little, i'm still learning all of this at once so it's slow going, so much new to take in.

Last edited:

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
OK, current project is getting double spinner thing in all apps and some other framework stuff. I will try to update this thread with mods and new versions at least twice a month

~ BiteBlaze via Kindle Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20572262.jpg

Thanks to poler166 for design

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR DATA LOSS! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK! NO KANGS OR MIRRORS PLEASE!

Can't post in the development section yet? Give feedback here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1586146

Features:
    Code:
    [SIZE="4"]- ICS latest 4.0.4
    - CM9
    - OC to 1.2GHz (kernel 3.0 is very snappy even at that)
    - APEX launcher and Trebuchet Launcher
    - Lots of pre-installed apps (uninstallable)
    - G-Apps included
    - Themed with the standard ICS blue color in ALL apps and extras (smooth UI, will get smoother in the next milestone)
    - File Manager
    - Useless stuff removed (Camera, Voice recorder, voice actions, phone, facelock)
    - ICS Direct port sounds
    - Increased battery life (wifi supplicant scan = 150)
    - Much more![/SIZE]

Bugs:
    Code:
    - All issues involving kernel 3.0 (v1.2H to latest versions)
    - All issues involving kernel 2.6 (v1.2 to older versions)

more information [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24006456#post24006456"][U][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/U][/URL]

Instructions:
    1. Download newest CM9 Reloaded version
    2. Put on sdcard
    3. Boot into recovery (MUST BE TWRP)
    4. Backup current rom (optional)
    5. Wipe data (factory reset), wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache
    6. Flash CM9 Reloaded
    7. Wipe Cache and Dalvik
    8. Reboot
    9. On first boot, choose "Setup Wizard"
    (Follow these letter for letter, or it will probably not work!)

DOWNLOAD:

You can always find the latest EXPERIMENTAL and BETA builds in the following link: www.reloadedrom-selection.weebly.com

v1.3:

CM9 Reloaded for Kindle Fire - v1.3

Out with the old!
    v1.2H
    v1.2
    v1.1
    v1.0.1

Thanks to:
    NRGZ28 for letting me use a few broken .apk files
    CM team for the source (made this possible)
    intersectRaven for his wonderful kernel! (in v1.2 and under)
    Hashcode for the amazing kernel 3.0! (in v1.2H and above)
    poler166 for graphic designs in this thread (Graphic designer on Team Reloaded)

Thank you so much guys :D!

Screenshots in post #2
    Changelog and CPU Governor overview in #3
    Bugs explained & Coming soon #4

Thanks for Reloading your KF!
    Changelog and CPU Governor Overview

Changelog:

Code:
    v1.3 - Graphical updates, performance tweaks, new kernel version

Code:
    v1.2H - Kernel 3.0 (fixed hardware acceleration and many other issues like SOD)

v1.2
    1. New Soft Keys (stock soft keys are now blue and reflective)
    2. New Lockscreen color (has a blue glow)
    3. Flashable Mods (for soft keys and other things)
    4. Updated Apps
    5. Integrated Google Apps (single flash rom!)
    6. Better CPU app
    7. Graphic Improvements
    8. Bug Fixes
    9. Modified build.prop
    10. Few other minor things

v1.1
    Bug Fixes
    cpu change issue fixed
    cpu app 
    less launchers 
    and many improvements(graphic wise and performance wise)

v1.0.1 - initial release of CM9 Reloaded KF build[/SIZE]

CPU GOVERNOR OVERVIEW:
    Performance Governor:
    This locks the phone's CPU at maximum frequency. While this may sound like an ugly idea, there is growing evidence to suggest that running a phone at its maximum frequency at all times will allow a faster race-to-idle. Race-to-idle is the process by which a phone completes a given task, such as syncing email, and returns the CPU to the extremely efficient low-power state. This still requires extensive testing, and a kernel that properly implements a given CPU's C-states (low power states). For more on this, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GLaDOS kernel from developer Ezekeel has been a pioneer in this space.

Conservative Governor:
    This biases the phone to prefer the lowest possible clockspeed as often as possible. In other words, a larger and more persistent load must be placed on the CPU before the conservative governor will be prompted to raise the CPU clockspeed. Depending on how the developer has implemented this governor, and the minimum clockspeed chosen by the user, the conservative governor can introduce choppy performance. On the other hand, it can be good for battery life.

The Conservative Governor is also frequently described as a "slow OnDemand," if that helps to give you a more complete picture of its functionality.

OnDemand Governor:
    This governor has a hair trigger for boosting clockspeed to the maximum speed set by the user. If the CPU load placed by the user abates, the OnDemand governor will slowly step back down through the kernel's frequency steppings until it settles at the lowest possible frequency, or the user executes another task to demand a ramp.

OnDemand has excellent interface fluidity because of its high-frequency bias, but it can also have a relatively negative effect on battery life versus other governors. OnDemand is commonly chosen by smartphone manufacturers because it is well-tested, reliable, and virtually guarantees the smoothest possible performance for the phone. This is so because users are vastly more likely to ***** about performance than they are the few hours of extra battery life another governor could have granted them.

This final fact is important to know before you read about the Interactive governor: OnDemand scales its clockspeed in a work queue context. In other words, once the task that triggered the clockspeed ramp is finished, OnDemand will attempt to move the clockspeed back to minimum. If the user executes another task that triggers OnDemand's ramp, the clockspeed will bounce from minimum to maximum. This can happen especially frequently if the user is multi-tasking. This, too, has negative implications for battery life.

Userspace Governor:
    This governor, exceptionally rare for the world of mobile devices, allows any program executed by the user to set the CPU's operating frequency. This governor is more common amongst servers or desktop PCs where an application (like a power profile app) needs privileges to set the CPU clockspeed.

Powersave Governor:
    The opposite of the Performance governor, the Powersave governor locks the CPU frequency at the lowest frequency set by the user.

Interactive Governor:
    Much like the OnDemand governor, the Interactive governor dynamically scales CPU clockspeed in response to the workload placed on the CPU by the user. This is where the similarities end. Interactive is significantly more responsive than OnDemand, because it's faster at scaling to maximum frequency.

Unlike OnDemand, which you'll recall scales clockspeed in the context of a work queue, Interactive scales the clockspeed over the course of a timer set arbitrarily by the kernel developer. In other words, if an application demands a ramp to maximum clockspeed (by placing 100% load on the CPU), a user can execute another task before the governor starts reducing CPU frequency. This can eliminate the frequency bouncing discussed in the OnDemand section. Because of this timer, Interactive is also better prepared to utilize intermediate clockspeeds that fall between the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies. This is another pro-battery life benefit of Interactive.

However, because Interactive is permitted to spend more time at maximum frequency than OnDemand (for device performance reasons), the battery-saving benefits discussed above are effectively negated. Long story short, Interactive offers better performance than OnDemand (some say the best performance of any governor) and negligibly different battery life.

Interactive also makes the assumption that a user turning the screen on will shortly be followed by the user interacting with some application on their device. Because of this, screen on triggers a ramp to maximum clockspeed, followed by the timer behavior described above.

By far, Interactive is the default governor of choice for today's smartphone and tablet manufacturers.

InteractiveX Governor:
    Created by kernel developer "Imoseyon," the InteractiveX governor is based heavily on the Interactive governor, enhanced with tuned timer parameters to better balance battery vs. performance. The InteractiveX governor's defining feature, however, is that it locks the CPU frequency to the user's lowest defined speed when the screen is off.

Hotplug Governor:
    The Hotplug governor performs very similarly to the OnDemand governor, with the added benefit of being more precise about how it steps down through the kernel's frequency table as the governor measures the user's CPU load. However, the Hotplug governor's defining feature is its ability to turn unused CPU cores off during periods of low CPU utilization. This is known as "hotplugging."

Obviously, this governor is only available on multi-core devices.
    Screenshots

Screenshots:

(be warned... these are massive:eek:!)

haha I'll need these provided.... I'll post in the thread when I need them. :) Real developers do it blind lol
    Bugs Explained and Coming Soon

Bugs explained:

Code:
    [SIZE="3"]Kernel 3.0 (v1.2H) - Bugs:

- Only flash in TWRP
    - Black screen for awhile on boot, wait it out
    - Notification graphic glitch (my error, being fixed in v1.3 and v1.3H)
    - Wifi - Works once; when you disconnect, you have to reboot to reconnect
    - Sometimes weird bars appear on the screen (not too noticeable)
    - Can't mount storage when not in TWRP

Kernel 2.6 (v1.2) - Bugs:

- Hardware Acceleration doesn't work (HD video, netflix, some games, quadrant standerd 3d benchmark, etc.) THIS IS A BIGGER DEAL THAN YOU WOULD THINK!! MANY FREEZES, SOD, AND NON-FUNCTIONALITY!![/SIZE]

Coming Soon:

Code:
    v1.3 - Graphical fixes, bug fixes, and most likely an updated kernel. Since I no longer have the device, future builds may take 1 or 2 days longer to release as I have nothing to test the build on. Check the beta testing section on my website for beta builds/
    What happened to these flashable soft key mods? I was really looking forward to these. Also, not a big fan of the blue reflective. Anyway you could post a build with the stock white home, back, and recent soft keys? Everything else is great on 1.2
    I am working on them, once they are done I will put them in the THEMES/APPS Section as well as the mods post in this thread. And, I have integrated kernel 3.0 in this rom and it works! I will soon distribute.