[RECOVERY] TWRP touch recovery

Search This thread

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Now is the time for everyone who has not donated to the great devs we have to break out their paypal! This initial great group of devs are helping us all out by creating a foundation for rom/kernel/whatever devs to provide us their magic from now on. Without these guys laying the framework none of that would be possible. Remember that we are very lucky that this mostly obscure device is getting the fabulous development support it is at this time. So show your support and DONATE!!

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
@Fly it seems the recovery works and I can perform actions without error. Any actions I perform don't seem to cause errors when I boot back to system. But I cannot seem to locate any of the backup files I create once I reboot even though they are there when I look in the recovery. Any idea?

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

keith843

Jul 19, 2012
Recovery works for me as well on vzw.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using xda app-developers app

Flyhalf205

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Oct 21, 2010
Birmingham, AL
flyhalf205.com
@Fly it seems the recovery works and I can perform actions without error. Any actions I perform don't seem to cause errors when I boot back to system. But I cannot seem to locate any of the backup files I create once I reboot even though they are there when I look in the recovery. Any idea?

No its not in the twrp folder in root explorer, but its there when i go to recovery.

You need to navigate to /data/media/TWRP to find backups. You will need superuser to navigate to this folder.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
External.

Edit: I have done a bunch of stuff with rom toolbox and watching vids from my external sd so it seems to be working properly.

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

So I may have just thought of why. My backups are over 4GB and my 64G is formatted fat32 not ext. So the folder may not show up after a reboot and fresh read of the card? But I havent had this problem with a large backup with this card before.

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

But doesnt twrp break up the files into small enough segments?

Last edited:

barathan

May 14, 2012
1°23'08.3"N 103°50'23.1"E
I installed SU in recovery but unfortunately I don't get full root privileges. I'm able to install adway but it won't do it stuff in blocking ads and also tried changing font but to no avail. Does anyone have a workaround.

keith843

Jul 19, 2012
I installed SU in recovery but unfortunately I don't get full root privileges. I'm able to install adway but it won't do it stuff in blocking ads and also tried changing font but to no avail. Does anyone have a workaround.

Are you soff?

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
No its not in the twrp folder in root explorer, but its there when i go to recovery.
You need to navigate to /data/media/TWRP to find backups. You will need superuser to navigate to this folder.
Not even a twrp folder at that location. I have done multiple searches with multiple root enabled file browsers.
The files are not there after a reboot even if I go back into recovery.
santod040 pointed me to his little nugget of info below. Seems like you may have to 'bump' the restore location before doing the backup. Going to toy with that some this evening and see if it helps.
In TWRP in the Restore screen, tap the little button that says: Storage: Internal Storage or something next to it like that under the Encryption and Refresh Sizes button.
Make sure to select Internal Storage, not OTG of course.
The backup directory should then switch back automagically to /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/... rather then what it is now: /data/media/TWRP/BACKUPS/
The way it is now, it's putting them in the internal data partition and of course cannot restore the data partition from the data partition.
The above method puts it back on the "sdcard" and then when you make a new backup it will show in TWRP after a reboot and will restore just fine.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: scotty1223

barathan

May 14, 2012
Got abit of a problem. I'm trying to factory reset. The phone goes into TWRP recovery...and I do the factory reset but it say it can't mount the e:\usbstick...clears data & dalvik cache only.

Is there a solution for this? Sorry abit of a newbie with HTC

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
See my quote from santod040 right above your post. Change up the location to internal by clicking on it in both backup and restore then try reset.

Jiggity Janx

Feb 19, 2010
Hi JJ, I did that but still get this message "E:Unable to mount '/usbdisk'".

I apologise for being a pain...but how else am I gonna learn.
Never a problem to ask questions and want to get help. Everyone just has to realize we have a small community here so far and very few (but great) devs that are busy with other stuff also. It seems like an eternity for you when you have a problem but everyone has to be patient and try to work it out for themselves.

Having said that I don't know how much further I can help you. Maybe someone else has run into this problem and already worked out a fix that just hasn't been posted somewhere. Recommend you search across the entire site on this issue with twrp and see what comes up.

Last edited:

barathan

May 14, 2012
Never a problem to ask questions and want to get help. Everyone just has to realize we have a small community here so far and very few (but great) devs that are busy with other stuff also. It seems like an eternity for you when you have a problem but everyone has to be patient and try to work it out for themselves.

Having said that I don't know how much further I can help you. Maybe someone else has run into this problem and already worked out a fix that just hasn't been posted somewhere. Recommend you search across the entire site on this issue with twrp and see what comes up.

Hi JJ, thanks for your understanding. Yep will keep a look out for a fix or workaround. Cheers.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:

• vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    • adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here (bigbiff)
    • tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    • support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    • support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    • better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    • improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    • minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    • try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    • shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    • timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    • support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    • boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    • TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    • support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    • support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    • update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    • numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

Downloads:

Universal For All T6 Variants
    Official - https://dl.twrp.me/t6univ

Installation:
    Unlock your phone at www.htcdev.com
    Boot phone into fastboot
    Perform command fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-t6univ.img
    Boot into HBOOT and select recovery

Root:
    Download SuperSU http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu
    Flash it in recovery

Copy backup to PC suing a PC:
    1. adb shell
    2. su
    3. chmod -R 777 /data/media/TWRP
    4. exit
    5. Now you can copy your backup over

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the HTC One Max

Contributors
    Flyhalf205

Version Information

Created 2013-10-26
    Last Updated 2018-01-15
    What's new in 2.7.1.0:

• Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    • Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    • Improvements to USB storage handling
    • Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    • Various other bugfixes and tweaks

Also. you can mount your external_sd to a computer :D
    Hey fly. I've decided to come to the One Max :) vzw

You sold me on it
    yep. 2.7.0.0 is out for Sprint and Verizon. Will see if I can get the International device offically suported by TWRP.

EDIT: International version is now supported by TWRP :)
    Just got the sprint variation of the Max and am ready to help in anyway i can. I've been developing for the epic touch, and have been playing with the one (small) so i know my way around , also have a working pc and have knowledge in fastboot , adb etc.. ready to get the ball rolling, so i can get a custom Rom up sooner than later. ;) Just tell me what you need from me. ~Goddly~

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2