Battery breakdown

Search This thread

bhumik147

Apr 3, 2013
www.allfreeperks.in
Help i am facing a terrible issue, battery was 80% but as soon as i started usb tethering, the phone rebooted, still the battery was 80, then again i tried tethering , enabled data connection, suddenly battery fell down to 0% and phone rebooted
Now battery is 1% but mV are 4000 which are at the time of full battery. I doubt, if i charge phone now, the battery will explode. Kindly help

Attachments

• 10369913_763714406996023_7003896697423251838_n.jpg
    10369913_763714406996023_7003896697423251838_n.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 114

pico hackr

Jul 12, 2012
CiTy oF HeAvEn
Help i am facing a terrible issue, battery was 80% but as soon as i started usb tethering, the phone rebooted, still the battery was 80, then again i tried tethering , enabled data connection, suddenly battery fell down to 0% and phone rebooted
Now battery is 1% but mV are 4000 which are at the time of full battery. I doubt, if i charge phone now, the battery will explode. Kindly help
well this happened to me three times before ( 3rd one happened just before 20 minutes) its rom bug dude , just charge your phone again using charger

Reactions: bhumik147

imapanther

Jan 9, 2014
LiPo battery discharge curve

you think the battery will blast, because its 12% now and the voltages are 4200mV , i never reached to that limit

Cellphones these days use a type of battery called a lithium polymer battery, often abbreviated LiPo. These batteries have a "nominal cell voltage" of 3.7 V, or 3,700 mV (though some newer phones have batteries with higher nominal cell voltages, like 3.85 V). This voltage, from what I understand, is the average voltage which the chemicals in the battery would produce. However, when fully charged a LiPo cell will briefly hit anywhere from 4.15 V (4,150 mV) to 4.30 V (4,300 mV), depending on the battery and the charging circuit which charges the battery. This is perfectly normal for LiPo batteries.

In other words (and to repeat what pico hackr said above), just charge your phone. The built-in charging circuits and safety cutoffs will charge your battery properly and yet shut off if something goes wrong. If you really want to make sure it doesn't blow up, take off the back cover of your Moto G and watch the battery for any signs of swelling. LiPo batteries will swell up (just like a balloon about to pop) before actually exploding. If it does begin to swell, unplug it immediately, don't put the back cover on it, and put it somewhere safe where it could blow up and catch fire without harming anything. Though extremely rare, cellphone batteries do occasionally explode and if yours does, such an event would definitely be covered by Motorola's warranty.

Reactions: bhumik147

bhumik147

Apr 3, 2013
www.allfreeperks.in
it worked

I charged the battery at bootloader( without turning on the phone) upto 22% , then on observation , the voltages were reached upto 4300 mV ,so i just turned off the phone and rebooted many times. Luckily the battery got back to 100% and the mV were also stable at 4200 mV . damn i will never tether untill i get 4.4.3 update. Thanks for helping :D

bhumik147

Apr 3, 2013
www.allfreeperks.in
Bugs

Same, i faced it for first time and by looking at personal opinions of different people at other places, i am sure its something related with adb, while connected, the system crashes first and then everything else like batterystats, etc

From pc's side (i have win 8.1) the windows system also hangs while i am connected to phone via usb tethering, it keeps hanging untill i unplug the usb cable.

Moto g will be getting bug fix in few days , hope it solves this, or else there will also be 4.4.3 later for heaven's sake.

dgattenb

Oct 14, 2007
wales
I had a sudden drop in battery from 70 % to 1% after 1 hr being on , and only received from Amazon 1 day before . I plugged her in . she's. Been fine ever since . touch plastic ... That's 3 days so far

Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    well this happened to me three times before ( 3rd one happened just before 20 minutes) its rom bug dude , just charge your phone again using charger
    LiPo battery discharge curve

you think the battery will blast, because its 12% now and the voltages are 4200mV , i never reached to that limit

Cellphones these days use a type of battery called a lithium polymer battery, often abbreviated LiPo. These batteries have a "nominal cell voltage" of 3.7 V, or 3,700 mV (though some newer phones have batteries with higher nominal cell voltages, like 3.85 V). This voltage, from what I understand, is the average voltage which the chemicals in the battery would produce. However, when fully charged a LiPo cell will briefly hit anywhere from 4.15 V (4,150 mV) to 4.30 V (4,300 mV), depending on the battery and the charging circuit which charges the battery. This is perfectly normal for LiPo batteries.

In other words (and to repeat what pico hackr said above), just charge your phone. The built-in charging circuits and safety cutoffs will charge your battery properly and yet shut off if something goes wrong. If you really want to make sure it doesn't blow up, take off the back cover of your Moto G and watch the battery for any signs of swelling. LiPo batteries will swell up (just like a balloon about to pop) before actually exploding. If it does begin to swell, unplug it immediately, don't put the back cover on it, and put it somewhere safe where it could blow up and catch fire without harming anything. Though extremely rare, cellphone batteries do occasionally explode and if yours does, such an event would definitely be covered by Motorola's warranty.