Roger's ROM - anyone know how to disable "smartphone" banner ...

Search This thread

oleg106

Nov 27, 2006
Roger's ROM - anyone know how to disable the red "smartphone" banner ...the file is "Rogers_branding.gif" I would like to not change it, but disable it completely. Also the startup/shutdown screens - can they be disabled, not edited?

JAmerican

Jan 14, 2007
You'd have to go into Registry and search for Rogers_branding.gif and delete all the values for the keys. Do NOT delete the keys. Just the values. Then it will disappear.

Technology

Aug 24, 2007
You'd have to go into Registry and search for Rogers_branding.gif and delete all the values for the keys. Do NOT delete the keys. Just the values. Then it will disappear.
Island man, Yeah! that's right, you are truly on top of things, dude you are true to the game!

Last edited:

jhwo99

May 8, 2006
Go to and change/create:

HKLM/System/Shutdown - 1 - values --> value name: Splash --> value data: \Windows\HTC_LogoImg_320x240.bmp

HKLM\System\Startup - 1 - values --> DWORD with value name: Duration - value data: 1000
STRING with value name: Splash - value data: \Windows\ms_splash.pnq

You can not edit a string or dword. So you have to delete and create!

Copie ms_splash.png to your windows folder. (change jpg into pnq)

- change the regkey: hklm\software\microsoft\shell\rai\msbranding values bannerimage value name in "none"
- change the regkey: hklm\software\microsoft\shell\rai\mscdial values bannerimage value name in "none"

Restart and your phone and startup and shutdown are like the HTC roms and all the Roger branding is gone..

Attachments

• ms_splash.jpg
    ms_splash.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Ice_Cube

Sep 2, 2007
Instead of deleting and creating strings you can just change the strings under these keys:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Startup\
HKLM\Software\HTC\Shutdown\

The keys here are used by the dll, so you don't really need to change anything else for the startup/shutdown... :)

Q

qajuan

question

when changing the start up screen
can you change it to an animated gif file ?

travisc

Sep 30, 2007
when i search the registry for rogers_branding.gif, it doesn't seem like it finds anything.

lukybandit

Retired Moderator
Jul 5, 2005
Mississauga
yea man, i had a hard time finding it myself - do this - try and find it in resco explorer. that's the way to go - that's how i found it. good luck !

ahk85

Jan 22, 2008
Beirut

hey
i too have the same complaint, i don't want the smartphone banner nor the rogers startup.

i found the file Rogers_branding.gif in windows but i didn't know what u meant by NOT delelting the keys and changing heir values???

please help