[MOD][05Aug10][v1.6][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - v1.6 (+192xPatch)

Search This thread

mudhi

Jul 7, 2010
Taiwan
Hi meltwater, the language file is just a quick translation, but should looks good, I'll update it when I get used to the fbtab.

Also I have a question, for cooking, the ext package seems to be too big, so I delete all the .net .dll since the sys 21916 contains the netcf, and it seems to be working well.

mponte

May 15, 2008
A Coruña
Spanish Translation (v1.6)

Here is the spanish translation for v1.6.
It is valid for both es-es and es-es_tradnl (just editing 1st line & renaming).

It could be more realistic but I'm not a full FB user and don´t know all phrases & fb web translations

Attachments

• 24a3de40_manila.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 4

meltwater

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2009
Hi meltwater, the language file is just a quick translation, but should looks good, I'll update it when I get used to the fbtab.

Also I have a question, for cooking, the ext package seems to be too big, so I delete all the .net .dll since the sys 21916 contains the netcf, and it seems to be working well.

I've not looked into the ext package, but I expect they have been put in to ensure the right versions are in there. If it works fine with your other packages you are using then excellent!

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Here is the spanish translation for v1.6.
It is valid for both es-es and es-es_tradnl (just editing 1st line & renaming).

It could be more realistic but I'm not a full FB user and don´t know all phrases & fb web translations

Many thanks, I'll post them next time I am working on the thread. Cheers.

Huthus

Jun 12, 2009
great work! I tried this tab first time today and it is really nice!

I made some corrections in the language file for the german version, maybe it could be used in the next version... there were no real problems but the question "save changes" when closing the settings was translated wrong, so before I had to choose "no" for saving changes.

Attachments

• 0431A004_manila.zip
    4.7 KB · Views: 3

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
@ Meltwater,

This is not to do with your tab directly, but I'm hoping that you can help me out with all your Facebook knowledge.

The Facebook Tab Link I've posted, replaces the "Facebook App's" link. Even after I uninstall my mod the Facebook App link still goes to the Facebook Tab instead of opening up the Facebook App.

I would warn against installing this .cab as it will do what I've mentioned above. I was hoping that maybe you could have a look inside it and I'm hoping that you will be able to tell what I'm doing wrong.

This is what is in the .cab:

*HKLM\Security\Shell\Start Info\Start\Facebook Tab.lnk="FacebookTab Link.png"

*Facebook Tab Link.png

*Facebook Tab shortcut that I made, the properties of which are:

"\Windows\manila.exe" --switchtopage Manila://peopleupdate.page

Do you see any reason that any of this would be messing with the Facebook App at all? If it's any help, it also happens with Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV Tab links as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone else can provide. :)

Last edited:

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
@ Meltwater,

This is not to do with your tab directly, but I'm hoping that you can help me out with all your Facebook knowledge.

The Facebook Tab Link I've posted, replaces the "Facebook App's" link. Even after I uninstall my mod the Facebook App link still goes to the Facebook Tab instead of opening up the Facebook App.

I would warn against installing this .cab as it will do what I've mentioned above. I was hoping that maybe you could have a look inside it and I'm hoping that you will be able to tell what I'm doing wrong.

This is what is in the .cab:

*HKLM\Security\Shell\Start Info\Start\Facebook Tab.lnk="FacebookTab Link.png"

*Facebook Tab Link.png

*Facebook Tab shortcut that I made, the properties of which are:

"\Windows\manila.exe" --switchtopage Manila://peopleupdate.page

Do you see any reason that any of this would be messing with the Facebook App at all? If it's any help, it also happens with Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV Tab links as well.

Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone else can provide. :)
I saw your post on this in the CHT thread...

What is the purpose of the Registry change...OK I guess to assign a custom icon (nice to know how to do that! ;) )
HKLM\Security\Shell\Start Info\Start\Facebook Tab.lnk="FacebookTab Link.png"

I've not played around with the --switchtopage bit (although I can think of some useful links to jump deep within the manila system). Of course if you want to jump to the FbTab, then the link should be to facebook.page (or you end up going to the internal people page version).

Unfortunately I've not done too much with cabs, but guess you've done the same steps manually fine. My guess is windows is getting the "space" confused and replacing "Facebook.ink" instead when it copies things over.

Sounds like an odd one, but I'm not a cab expert so will don't know the common issues you can get.

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
Thanks for responding. Sorry to to pollute your thread. One more quick question though...

I was judging what names to call the pages based off of the manila tab control file. For the Facebook page it says "peopleupdate.page". I believe you when you say to use "facebook.page" instead and I will try that tomorrow when I wake up, but why is that page different than the rest?

Oh, and as a side note, the same steps done manually produce the same results. It's not the cabbing up process that's causing the issue. It's a mistake I'm making somewhere. That, or it's just not possible to link those three tabs, which just doesn't seem likely as it's WM.

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for responding. Sorry to to pollute your thread. One more quick question though...

I was judging what names to call the pages based off of the manila tab control file. For the Facebook page it says "peopleupdate.page". I believe you when you say to use "facebook.page" instead and I will try that tomorrow when I wake up, but why is that page different than the rest?

Oh, and as a side note, the same steps done manually produce the same results. It's not the cabbing up process that's causing the issue. It's a mistake I'm making somewhere. That, or it's just not possible to link those three tabs, which just doesn't seem likely as it's WM.
No problem.

Sounds like you've got your tab control file set-up to use the people update page directly rather than the facebook tab (unless someone has directly updated the peopleupdate pages instead with my changes I've done for the facebook tab, it'll be the basic version). Does your facebook tab have all the menu options etc?

My tab control file is as follows:
Code:
			<Page Order="10" Name="facebook.page" PackageName="HTC" Title="[[Facebook]]">
					<ComponentReference Name="page" Mode9Path="HTC\People\facebook.mode9" Component="SummaryAllPage" SmartComponent="true"/>
					<ComponentReference Name="icon_normal" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Off"/>
					<ComponentReference Name="icon_selected" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_On"/>
					<ComponentReference Name="icon_preview" Mode9Path="HTC\Manila\Facebookicon.mode9" Component="Facebook_Preview"/>
			</Page>
Even the 192x version uses this now.

I'm sure it is possible, but it is WM ;) never as simple as you expect...

Last edited:

mike2nl

Jul 24, 2009
Near Utrecht
Hi sharkie405,

possible there is another problem. LNK's belong to the shortcut index in a cab file. Windows takes this info with a direct link to something. In your case the png. Please see the screenshot. I have changed the cab file. You can test this onc more. Possible it helps.

Ho, ho, ho, meltwater. You are also busy with that :).

Attachments

• FacebookTabLink.jpg
    FacebookTabLink.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 16

sharkie405

Dec 22, 2008
the depths
Hey fellas!

So I got the Facebook Tab link working! I changed my tab control file facebook page info. to match what Meltwater posted his looked like and adjusted the command string in the .lnk to reflect the new "facebook.page" line, and that worked. Now my link only goes to the Facebook tab and does not affect the MS Facebook App at all! I had all the settings and stuff before too and the Facebook Tab itself was working as it should. It seems odd to me that both "facebook.page" and "peopleupdate.page" would enable the tab to be totally functional. Perhaps I'll notice a difference as time passes.

The only problem is that other people were having the same issue as I was. I can't add a tab control file to the cab as that would really start screwing people up. Apparently other ROMs have their tab control file set as mine used to be? That seems to be the logical assumption...

Any thoughts on a way to fix this for all ROMs?

I've posted the cab in my ROM thread so hopefully someone will test it out on another ROM.

Oh and thank you Mike2nl for trying to fix the cab. What you did was make the link only a link the png. So album would open up to that png. My goal was a link to the Facebook Tab. The shortcut seems to work in "files" or in "Shortcuts".

Last edited:

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Hey fellas!

So I got the Facebook Tab link working!
How very odd, glad it works. Well the peopleupdate.page might work if it picks up the mode9 file from the same reference, but I guess it might go a longer route to get there. That is assuming non of the people page files have been adjusted.

Wurmzz

Nov 23, 2007
Hi I've started using this tab a few weeks ago. When I first signed in it automatically suggested around 20 friends to link. So I did that and afterwards I went through all my contacts to change their names to the facebook names. And I got around another 40 auto links. I still have around 50 something more contacts to link. I read somewhere that someone added email addresses to all the contacts and that helped them link everything so I tried that, but that didn't prompt any more auto links. I was wondering if there was another way to auto detect the links, as using the sense tab lags everytime I click into a contact and when I click out of it (on the energy rom max sense rom). Manually linking the remaining contacts will take me hours....
Thanks

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Hi I've started using this tab a few weeks ago. When I first signed in it automatically suggested around 20 friends to link. So I did that and afterwards I went through all my contacts to change their names to the facebook names. And I got around another 40 auto links. I still have around 50 something more contacts to link. I read somewhere that someone added email addresses to all the contacts and that helped them link everything so I tried that, but that didn't prompt any more auto links. I was wondering if there was another way to auto detect the links, as using the sense tab lags everytime I click into a contact and when I click out of it (on the energy rom max sense rom). Manually linking the remaining contacts will take me hours....
Thanks

I wouldn't recommend add every single person on facebook, it will get rather slow, the idea is you select the important ones. Also some contacts might not show up, due to the limits of the HTC authorisation. I think the auto linking is only done based on the names. You can probably do the linking in MS MyPhone editor, just use the other contacts you have done as an example.

Wurmzz

Nov 23, 2007
Hey thanks for your replying. Those are good suggestions.
Btw when I go into the individual contacts, they suggest the right link, so how come they don't come up in the auto links?

Thanks again.

meltwater

Jan 28, 2009
Hey thanks for your replying. Those are good suggestions.
Btw when I go into the individual contacts, they suggest the right link, so how come they don't come up in the auto links?

Thanks again.

Good question...I'm sure some of the HTC code develops a mental block with some contacts... However, has it suggested any other links after that (i.e. it only checks for people matches at certain times (I've not looked up when, but I've seen the code involved with it in the scripts)). If you soft-reset it may pick up more links automatically, unfortunately from what I recall most of that function is within the dll which isn't accessible, there is every chance htc use two different methods for the two different routes.

deers

Jan 30, 2009
i've test v 1.6 on HTC diamond p3700, and set auto update with interval setting, but the facebook tab does'nt automatic update it. is there something i missed?

mudhi

Jul 7, 2010
Taiwan
A bug or something misconfigured?

I noticed that the inbox button to open m.facebook.com/inbox cannot be opened, it has to be m.facebook.com/inbox/ with a slash at the end, inorder to open the facebook inbox from browser.

Wurmzz

Nov 23, 2007
Good question...I'm sure some of the HTC code develops a mental block with some contacts... However, has it suggested any other links after that (i.e. it only checks for people matches at certain times (I've not looked up when, but I've seen the code involved with it in the scripts)). If you soft-reset it may pick up more links automatically, unfortunately from what I recall most of that function is within the dll which isn't accessible, there is every chance htc use two different methods for the two different routes.

Nah soft resetting doesn't help. And it doesn't show any more suggested links in the auto part after.
Thanks for your reply. I synced my contacts into outlook and I think I'll just add the links through that, then sync it back into my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    picture.php

picture.php

Latest Info
    12Oct2011 - Facebook has altered the authorisation slightly, so manual paste method needs a little extra care (details here - Thanks to Nullstring).

(01June2011)Big RSSTab Development Announcement
    (3March2011) Dual (AKA Easy) Cab Install Released - meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs)-2.zip (See install post for instructions)

Moved to post#3 to avoid confusion:
    meltwater HTC FbTab v1.6.cab (3.32 MB, 7583 views)
    v1.6Release05Aug2010.zip (3.25 MB, 9095 views)
    (31Jan2011) Easy/Dual Cab Install Method Trial - Testing a new way to install and uninstall the FbTab.
    (meltwater_FbTabV1.6&SenseUtil.cab (603 views) meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs).zip (272 views))
    (4Dec2010) Introducing SenseUtil to assist with installation of any custom tab
    (27Sep2010) Lang files added (hu-hu - zoliwr, zh-tw - mudhi). Many thanks.
    (24Aug2010) New forum banner by Drakknar (thanks!)
    (23Aug2010) Sense 2.5.192x (& old sense) Patch released (allows most of the tab functions to be used on a 2.5.192x based device)
    (18Aug2010) TabProject2:Call for Developers
    (11Aug2010) Facebook Tab v1.6 Cab & EXT (post#2) released
    (05Aug2010) Updated Facebook Tab v1.6 released - GTX, Cabs & EXT will hopefully follow (v1.5 Cab kept to allow install and upgrade - use v1.6 cab)
    (31July2010) Drakknar's icons are now live on facebook!
    (22July2010) Request for FbTab Icon!
    (21July2010) Captain Throwback's Cab (meltwater HTC FbTab v1.5.cab) moved to post#1 (please follow instructions on post#3 for install and un-install)
    (20July2010) Tutorial/Files for changing Tab Text to Black (apaquette420 - see links below)
    (19July2010) pt-pt & pt-br lang file RevB - attached to post#4
    (16July2010) Fr-fr lang file RevB - attached to post#4
    (16July2010) Upgrade Cabs are available see (1st roundup of Q&A Support below)
    (15July2010) Releasing the v1.5 manual files now, let me know how you get on.

Please follow the install instructions very carefully & RTFM (read the fantastic manual) before asking Qs.

Note on development...
    I have a development version which I've been working on which can do a lot more with the facebook api, however it is far from complete or bug free, but it was able to post comments, read all the status updates/wall posts of all your friends etc etc. I was also playing around with different GUI aspects but I hit several limits with the Sense SDK I was using etc.

Anyway, basically I've not had any time to look at it for the last few months, and the best course of action is to scrap it and let the XdaFacebook App team use the ties I was planning to use to link the tab to an application. Hopefully I can get a few of my ideas and suggestions put into the app, so the vision I had for the tab can still be realised. Since I'm not using facebook that much at the moment, I think this is the best way for the tab to move forward and provide more for everyone.

Hopefully as my work on the RSSTab continues, the main core of the Facebook tab (the HTC engine) can be replaced by the XdaFacebook app, so all the data in the tab can be populated directly from the same source. Although this will be a while off, this will be the best solution in the end.

Donations
    PayPal: if you use the facebook tab and would like my work to continue
    I purposely did not include a donate button on the 1st release since although I had made several changes to the tab a lot of it was purely HTC functionality (and it would have been hard to understand what was my own work and what HTC have already included).
    I did not feel it was fair to ask for donations where my own work on it was not clear.

However, since the 1st release I have been working very hard on this project, I have spent many hours/days/weeks testing and experimenting with the facebook api and with ensuring that the new additions will work not only on my device but will function for everyone (believe me it's a frustrating task).

So if you like using the tab (or if I've helped you get it working), and if you feel my work deserves it then please make a small donation, even if it's a few cents (even a tiny bit shows your appreciation).

Any donations will be spent on things to help me focus on developing the tab further, first up is a new battery (only $15!) as my phone has suffered from the many resets it has taken to test the sense code so far, so I really need to get a backup one. Hopefully that isn't a huge ask.

New phone battery is on it's way, many thanks to the total of 3 detonator so far. Next up, although I'm not confident on this one, is a battery for my laptop so I can program without being tethered to a power socket (and losing my work when it disconnects - have about 10 seconds before it dies). Again, I plan to get it from a cheep place so it's not too expensive, just something which only needed for this hobby.

It all shows that my work means something.

Information on the facebook api
    When I started looking into the facebook api (something I said I wouldn't do I know) I discovered "Facebook Developer Toolkit", excellent I thought, my work is done, plug it in and away we go.

However, investigating further Microsoft had taken over the toolkit, the compact framework (as used by Windows Mobile) had been dropped (since Jan 14 2008) and they are only just building SilverLight support into it (windows phone 7). Add to that, facebook have introduced the GraphApi which replaces the Api implemented in the Jan 2008 build (and I don't think it's in the current Tookkit yet).

You might guess the next bit, after a lot of work, I have the outline of my own Fb Graph Api support. The next release shall be the foundation point of this work, if successful the remainder of my test code can be built in (but I didn't want to delay things any longer and I needed to see if it works on-mass first).

It has taken a lot to get it to this point - my only other windows mobile app was "Hello Worlde" so once again I have been starting from scratch and learning A LOT:
    I hope you enjoy my hard work.

This release is to bring the general release up to speed with my current work, it may not appear to be significant in added functionality but believe me it is the stepping stone required for what comes next...

Information on the tab.
    The origins of the facebook tab is the relocation of the HTC People Update's tab which is built into sense already. The mod originally moved this functionality into the main tabs and added a few extra features, therefore enabling everyone to enjoy the built in facebook functionality without hunting to find it, but also enjoy the excellent features HTC had already integrated.

Since then, I've been working hard to extend the features which the tab provides, improve the options for how things are displayed and allow easy configuration. Overtime, more features will be included and hopefully support for external apps perhaps.

Please don't badger for specific facebook features, I'm well aware I can't do comments, pokes, likes, notifications etc etc, but the current release is a huge step toward that and hopefully it will come in time.

Read and understand the above information before asking for features, but this is what I still hope to do (again don't post asking for them if it's on this list!).
    To Do
    1. 192X version See patch in post below
    2. Stage 2 of Facebook Api
      [*]Use extra space at top of landscape mode
    3. Include sense language selection HKCU\MUI\CurLang
    4. Handle senseSDK version exception
      [*]Support non-standard chars on Status Update post to facebook
      [*]Remove item list scroll lag

Development Progress
    [MOD][SENSE2.5TAB] Facebook Tab - Developer Thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=663494
    Note:
    The development work is on going and I will release the next version when there is something essential and must-have implemented.
    I would rather spend time developing new features than releasing tiny updates of little significance.

Known Issues
    Will not work on manila 2.5.1921xxxx or lower (and some ROMs) - use 192x Install Patch (see Install post#3)!
    It seems there are two versions of the facebook engine and the older one (used by 2.5.192x and some other ROMs) the 0DE73B01_manila file is smaller (~41k) than the newer version (~47k).
    If you have the older version (small file), then you must use the 192x version of the tab or the tab will be un-usable and crash sense.

Info for cooks
    See section "Can we cook this in a ROM?" in post #2 for EXT file etc.

Change History
    23 Aug 2010 Sense 2.5.192x (& old sense) Patch released (MattOG testing)
    11 Aug 2010 v1.6 Cab Release (captain_throwback & qitt)
    05 Aug 2010 v1.6 Release
    21 July 2010 v1.5 Cab Release (1032+250 views) +706 for v1.6 update (captain_throwback)
    15 July 2010 v1.5 Release (1881 views) + GTXSkin (361+183 views) (mike2nl)
    -(see user manual for update details) included lang files
    (en-gb,en-us,nl-nl,fr-fr,de-de,pt-pt,pt-br,cs-cz,it-it,el-gr,sk-sk)
    15 April 2010 v1.01 ReleaseD (2815 views) + All-In-One Cab (7762 views)
    - Joint fixes for icon issues (etoy & qitt), included lang files
    (en-gb,en-us,de-de,pt-pt,es-es,fr-fr,cs-cz,it-it,zh-tw,no-no)
    12 April 2010 v1.0 All-In-One Cab Release Cab (353+71 views)
    - Joint work from johncmolyneux & Captain_Throwback
    24 March 2010 v1.0 ReleaseC (5185 views)+Cab(1084 views)
    - switch over to use FacebookStatusUpdate.exe instead of mortscript
    - updated manila so "Facebook.MyStatusScript" can be left blank and still run Facebook.MyStatusExe
    (if using older release just leave the entry, it will be ignored - otherwise it'll skip copy of my status)
    - updated Readme
    - reg file no longer system hidden
    FacebookStatusUpdate.zip (234 views)
    - exe available to replace mortscript! (thanks to johncmolyneux) - see install instructs for details (will repack later)
    23 March 2010 V1.0 ReleaseB (494 views)
    - Changed default facebook app to MS Facebook App
    - Updated Readme
    23 March 2010 V1.0 Release
    - First release

NEWS
    POCKETNOW.COM Facebook Tab Released for HTC Sense 2.5
    http://pocketnow.com/tweaks-hacks/facebook-tab-released-for-htc-sense-25
    POCKETNOW.COM Video: Facebook Tab for HTC Sense
    [/SIZE]http://pocketnow.com/softwar...cketnow+(pocketnow.com)&utm_content=Google+UK

Finally the tab for htc FACEBOOK Sense 2.5 is just beginning (Italian)
    http://htc.hdblog.it/2010/03/24/finalmente-il-tab-facebook-per-htc-sense-2-5-muove-i-primi-passi/

I'm well proud! Thanks!

Thanks To
    Sense 2.5.192x Patch Testing MattOG
    v1.5 Beta Testers Agent Zach, Captain_Throwback, johncmolyneux, mike2nl, mkucuksari,electrikjesus, madindehead, Quitt, sternas, wez89
    Sense SDK support eboelzner (+greenhacks & others on the thread)
    Language Translations -see post #4 for details

BeeGee_Tokyo & maxycy (v1.5 maxSense fix)
    Captain_Throwback (cab's etc)
    johncmolyneux (FacebookStatusUpdate.exe, All-In-One exe, coding support)
    etoy & qitt (Icon fixes)
    MoonNah (for use of ManilaStartFix used in cabs)
    Co0kieMonster
    utopykzebulon
    Everyone behind the kitchen (without which I would have got no-where):
    12aon, 6fg8, chainfire, sztupy, Co0kieMonster etc
    People who provided language files.

Also thanks for all the words of encouragement, patience and praise.

Thanks to Donators:
    Laurentius26 - 12April2011
    unknown - 16Dec2010
    MattOG - 13Aug2010
    weepatc - 11Aug2010
    sharkie405
    beegee_tokyo
    Agent Zach

Warnings etc
    Modifying manila means various levels of messing around with the files on the device so, as with most of the mods on here, back-up often and be prepared to screw it up and hard-reset your device. All the changes explained here may or may-not work on your particular device/version of manila or perhaps it's just not going to happen today.

______

Latest WVGA Screens

Latest VGA Screens

______

Thread Quicklinks:
    RTFM - Read The Fantastic Manual & FAQ [Post#2]
    Install Instructions [Post#3]
    Language Files [Post#4]

v1.6 Release - Support for this release starts here [Post#1002+]
    v1.5 Release - 1st roundup of Q&A Support [Post#829] Please read before posting similar Qs
    v1.5 Release - Support for this release starts here [Post#771+]

Thread Tips/Guides:
    (apaquette420) Change Tab Text To Black Tutorial & Files

See Sense FbTab Install Post for install instructions (must read before installing).
    picture.php
    New Install Method...

Test - Easy Cab Install

As a result of the work I've been doing on the SenseUtil and the RSSTab, I can now provide an (hopefully) improved install method.

Warnings etc
    Modifying manila means various levels of messing around with the files on the device so, as with most of the mods on here, back-up often and be prepared to screw it up and hard-reset your device. All the changes explained here may or may-not work on your particular device/version of manila or perhaps it's just not going to happen today.

The facebook tab package included is based purely on the files released 05Aug2010, there are NO changes or updates (except to include the current language files).

1. Combo Cab [meltwater_FbTabV1.6&SenseUtil.cab]
    - Contains senseUtil and the Tab files.

INSTALL:
    a) Install the cab - This will install SenseUtil to \windows\SenseUtil and the FbTab files.
    b) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\AddTab\SenseUtil FbTab Add to Add the FbTab to Sense.
    UNINSTALL:
    NOTE:
    You must remove the FbTab from sense before UNINSTALLING the cab

a) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\RemoveTab\SenseUtil FbTab Remove to Remove the FbTab from Sense.
    b) You can now uninstall the cab if required (removing both the FbTab files and SenseUtil).
    Note: As the references in sense have been removed, the files will have no effect on sense anymore.
    c) The remaining registry entries can also be manually removed from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila all of which will start with "Facebook.".
    Important: If you forget to remove the FbTab using SenseUtil before you uninstall the cab, sense WILL fail to start. To correct this, re-install SenseUtil and remove the tab correctly.

2. Separate Cabs [meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs).zip]
    - Standard Cab for SenseUtil and a Cab for the Tab files (placed together in a single zip file).

INSTALL:
    a) Install both Cabs, in no particular order.
    b) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\AddTab\SenseUtil FbTab Add to Add the FbTab to Sense.
    UNINSTALL:
    a) Run SenseUtil from Start Menu\SenseUtil\RemoveTab\SenseUtil FbTab Remove to Remove the FbTab from Sense.
    b) You can now uninstall the FbTab cab, and if desired, the SenseUtil cab too.
    Note: As the references in sense have been removed, the files will have no effect on sense anymore.
    c) The remaining registry entries can also be manually removed from HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila all of which will start with "Facebook.".

UPGRADING (note there is nothing different to v1.6):
    If you already have the tab installed, then you can use either cab package, however instead of Adding the tab, you will need to "Reset Sense" - Del ManilaFull.xml either from SenseUtil or manually (stop sense, delete the file from windows and restart sense).

FAQ:
    Q: My ROM shows double tab icons when selected (typically applies to NRG ROMs)?

A: Delete or rename 1F04C842_manila in windows, this file is not required for your ROM.

If these cabs work ok, I will move them to the 1st post and I will also revise the install instructions. Also I will provide a simple cab for the (+192xPatch as well).

I shall also be testing the cab files, and will update this post if I need to make further changes. Please let me know if you get problems.
    meltwater_FbTabV1.6&SenseUtil.cab (603 views)
    meltwater_FbTabV1.6(SeperateCabs).zip (272 views)

Latest version of Sense Util is available here

UPDATE 3rd March2011:
    The cabs on this post have now been removed since SenseUtil has been updated.
    I've also dis-continued the combo cab since it is easier to manage updates (when SenseUtil changes I don't need to change the other cab and vice versa).
    Thank you for testing out the cabs! The latest cab zip file is located on the 1st post.
    You are right however I dont agree on the "Android is same" part. Android is resource killer. It need hardware of a PC to run mobile. 8 core CPU + 2 gb RAM was a the best PC configuration few years back (even no 8 core). Android is just pushing us to demand more without any actual need. Same I was doing with WinMo (quality games and productivity) in just 460 mzh processor and even without worrying about lag or hang.
    I fail to see what that has to do with the Meltwater's Facebook tab. Number 2, why do you feel the need to enlarge the font? If you've read any of the thread at all then you would see that meltwater always answers all questions in a timely fashion. Which brings us back to my first comment... You question has nothing to do with his Facebook Tab. Have you tried a google search? Not to mention that, if in fact you do find the right place to post your question, you will need to include some info. about your device in order that others may help you. :)
    Hi meltwater !!

Do you have any news ?
    Latest news is here...RSSTab Beta Countdown To-do List!
    Oh and I've finished the bathroom floor... :D

I guess that's not really the news you are after, though, sorry but that's it so far.

Hello Meltwater!
    I try to find the fix to my problem, in the tread but no luck....i folow the steps with the instructions from the tread....but when i try to update status, is give me this message: "\Windows\FaceboockStatusScript.mscr not found, waiting for existance (storage card not initialized)". Don't know what to do more, i'm running EnergyRom 21916/12.feb.2011 WWE. Thank you in advance!

Ok, sounds like you have it set to use mortscript to fetch your status and for some reason it is not installed, I hope NRG hasn't set that as default (it's not on the Feb19 one I'm using at least).

The sections you need to look at is in the manual here:
    You will need to enable the Advanced settings (see section 5 - Advanced).
    ScreenShot79.jpg

Then, you can change the status transfer method, to use the facebook util:
    4 - File Path Settings
    ScreenShot89.jpg

(A) My Status Transfer Method
    (A) Use Facebook Utility <---- Make sure this is ticked!

Let me know if that solves your problem.