[Q] stuck in boot loop / pc not recognizing phone with adb

Search This thread

brickdummy

May 9, 2013
Hi,

I tried to install a ROM but it got stuck on the white screen with the HTC logo. I tried to do factory reset but it gets stuck again. I don't have clockwork recovery, and I rooted my phone using adb and ace recovery, which is not on my phone. I only temporarily used it to flash my rom, stupid I know. :-/ When I connect my phone to the PC it is not being recognized. I tried putting the PD98IMG.zip file on my sd card but it just says that it the image is incorrect. Is there anything I can do? Is this fixable?

Reactions: g13509

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Hi,

I tried to install a ROM but it got stuck on the white screen with the HTC logo. I tried to do factory reset but it gets stuck again. I don't have clockwork recovery, and I rooted my phone using adb and ace recovery, which is not on my phone. I only temporarily used it to flash my rom, stupid I know. :-/ When I connect my phone to the PC it is not being recognized. I tried putting the PD98IMG.zip file on my sd card but it just says that it the image is incorrect. Is there anything I can do? Is this fixable?
Flash a recovery.img from fastboot. What is an ace recovery? Read my signature for the HTC logo problem.

shadowboxx

May 4, 2013
Hi,

I just went through some similar stuff. What type of computer are you using? PC/Mac? Are you using the original cable? What troubleshooting steps for connectivity have you done? Different cable? USB port?

Can you access the bootloader screen when you pull the battery and reboot while holding the volume button down and holding the power button? By accident, I found that the phone and PC will communicate with each other when "Fastboot" is selected on the bootloader screen (you should hear a connection chime and it should change to "Fastboot USB") except I could only get fastboot commands to work. The good news is that should be enough to flash a boot or whatever else you need to get back in business.

brickdummy

May 9, 2013
I just went through some similar stuff. What type of computer are you using? PC/Mac? Are you using the original cable? What troubleshooting steps for connectivity have you done? Different cable? USB port?

Can you access the bootloader screen when you pull the battery and reboot while holding the volume button down and holding the power button? By accident, I found that the phone and PC will communicate with each other when "Fastboot" is selected on the bootloader screen (you should hear a connection chime and it should change to "Fastboot USB") except I could only get fastboot commands to work. The good news is that should be enough to flash a boot or whatever else you need to get back in business.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.I am using windows 7. I downloaded the drivers for HTC, and I am using a data cable and the USB port in the back of my computer, nearest the mother board. I do see "Fastboot USB" on the phone but when i type in the command prompt "adb devices" I get nothing.

shadowboxx

May 4, 2013
Hi, Thanks for the reply.I am using windows 7. I downloaded the drivers for HTC, and I am using a data cable and the USB port in the back of my computer, nearest the mother board. I do see "Fastboot USB" on the phone but when i type in the command prompt "adb devices" I get nothing.

That's great you're getting the fastboot usb message! As long as you're not using a hub or some other usb extender, any functioning usb port on the pc will do. Again, I learned this by accident (ie the hard way) and found that in this mode, only fastboot commands will work, not adb. (on a side note, and others should correct me here, adb and fastboot work together when the phone is rebooted normally or in recovery but not in the bootloader screen)

Great test for connection: fastboot devices (if you get anything else except a serial # with fastboot after it, then close the cmd window, unplug, and pull battery/reboot to bootloader), fastboot reboot-bootloader. Once it reboots back into the bootloader screen, make sure you press the power button while fastboot is selected and you should again hear the chime and see fastboot usb come up. This is your phone saying it's ready to accept your fastboot commands.

Do let us know how it works. :)

brickdummy

May 9, 2013
Hi I actually saw your post earlier :) thank you. I will work on this. I found it in a tutorial when I rooted my phone with HTC dev, ace_recovery_ext_4.img. I'll post where i found it later.

Hi the program is actually called 4EXT Recovery Touch. I finally was able to open it through fastboot....Now all thats left is to find the right zip file to put my phone back to stock.

brickdummy

May 9, 2013
That's great you're getting the fastboot usb message! As long as you're not using a hub or some other usb extender, any functioning usb port on the pc will do. Again, I learned this by accident (ie the hard way) and found that in this mode, only fastboot commands will work, not adb. (on a side note, and others should correct me here, adb and fastboot work together when the phone is rebooted normally or in recovery but not in the bootloader screen)

Great test for connection: fastboot devices (if you get anything else except a serial # with fastboot after it, then close the cmd window, unplug, and pull battery/reboot to bootloader), fastboot reboot-bootloader. Once it reboots back into the bootloader screen, make sure you press the power button while fastboot is selected and you should again hear the chime and see fastboot usb come up. This is your phone saying it's ready to accept your fastboot commands.

Hi, this did work, thank you. Would you happen to know how i can load the stock software on my phone? I had it rooted before im not sure if its still rooted. I also managed to get the 4ext recovery on my phone too.

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
(on a side note, and others should correct me here, adb and fastboot work together when the phone is rebooted normally or in recovery but not in the bootloader screen)
As far as I know, fastboot only works when your phone is in fastboot mode. ADB works in recovery or system.
Hi, this did work, thank you. Would you happen to know how i can load the stock software on my phone? I had it rooted before im not sure if its still rooted. I also managed to get the 4ext recovery on my phone too.
Flash a rooted stock ROM from recovery. Whether you have root is in your system partition. Whether your bootloader is unlocked is in your bootloader. Whether you have a custom recovery is in your recovery partition. Three separate things.

As for your post in your other thread, read my signature.

Last edited:

brickdummy

May 9, 2013
As far as I know, fastboot only works when your phone is in fastboot mode. ADB works in recovery or system.

Flash a rooted stock ROM from recovery. Whether you have root is in your system partition. Whether your bootloader is unlocked is in your bootloader. Whether you have a custom recovery is in your recovery partition. Three separate things.

I'm sorry, I have no idea what I am doing. Can you show me the steps? When I try installing a stock rom zip file in my recovery from my sd card it aborts.

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
I'm sorry, I have no idea what I am doing. Can you show me the steps? When I try installing a stock rom zip file in my recovery from my sd card it aborts.
I'm guessing that you're trying to flash a PD98IMG.zip or a RUU. You need an actual stock rooted ROM, probably from here on the forum. Or just flash Android Revolution HD, an optimized rooted stock ROM, also from here on the forum in the development section. For more specific steps read the Ace Think Tank linked in my signature.

Reactions: brickdummy

brickdummy

May 9, 2013
I'm guessing that you're trying to flash a PD98IMG.zip or a RUU. You need an actual stock rooted ROM, probably from here on the forum. Or just flash Android Revolution HD, an optimized rooted stock ROM, also from here on the forum in the development section. For more specific steps read the Ace Think Tank linked in my signature.

Ok, one more thing. I have S-ON. does that matter?

----

It did not, lol anyway it worked. Thank you everyone for you help. I really appreciate it.

-----

For those wondering I found the stock rooted rom here http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=996368

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26617631

Instructions to flash the rom

http://http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2168500

Last edited:

Rebox

Sep 1, 2007
Dear friends,

I have this problem: I got a brand new TCL S720 and the Google Play did not work, being a known rom issue. So, before doing anything, I've managed to make a backup of it's original rom with MTK Droid tools whichI supose it did it well. Then I've tried to install a CWM recovery to try a custom rom for it. The CWM recovery seemed to install succesfully but I didn't manage to install the new rom. If I remember well, it stucked on boot logo. Then tried to revert at it's original stock recovery, managed to have the phone back as it was in initial state, but doing more tries, It remained stucked on boot logo. The problem is that my computer doesn't recognise it anymore, when I connect it to USB it tries to install MTP usb driver but even before the driver was installed well, now it refuse to install, like the driver is not good or the proper driver doesn't exist. So the only thing I can do is to boot on stock recovery but even I tried to copy the original rom update.zip on external SD and to flash the phone using install update from sd card in recovery mode, It doesn't find the external sd card. So I'm stuck here, the computer doesn't detect the phone to try flashing it with SP flash tool or MTK Droid tool, and I also can't flash it from sd card. Have you any idea how to make it work again?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

(on a side note, and others should correct me here, adb and fastboot work together when the phone is rebooted normally or in recovery but not in the bootloader screen)

As for your post in your other thread, read my signature.
    Hi,