Firmware upgrade encountered an issue on GALAXY GEAR

Search This thread

Deu1

Feb 12, 2010
My galaxy gear is showing the "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again" screen. Is there anyway to recover from this? Neither Kies 3 nor Kies 2.6 is recognizing my device

andrewpayne

Aug 8, 2013
London
Gear 1 . . . just downloaded an older firmware 4.2.2 and it installed using Odin 3 v185 so all good now :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

chobochobo

Dec 5, 2012
Gear 1 . . . just downloaded an older firmware 4.2.2 and it installed using Odin 3 v185 so all good now :)

This didn't work for me. I used Odin3.07 and 4.2.2 stock ROM to flash first - I used PHONE option because the others didn't work (no progress in the message window). This 'faulty' flash came up with a 'UI stopped working error' when the Gear rebooted but I was able to get it into download mode now. I then used Odin 3.09 and the flashed the 4.2.2 as a PIT which worked fine!

Got there after reading through a lot of XDA threads and trying many things. But in the end, the answers were here. Thanks.

PS how I got into the mess (the firmware error message with the yellow triangle)? I was on null 23 and wanted to go back to stock rom so that I could sell the Gear. Couldn't get into download mode for Odin 3.09; I can't exactly remember what I did but I disconnected the gear midway through a seemingly failed flash and it got me to the error. Googling says use Kies but nope, it wouldn't recognise the gear even for the 'emergency firmware'. I tried a lot of things, and wasted a lot of time!

Reactions: aukhan

digital_carpenter

Aug 2, 2014
This didn't work for me. I used Odin3.07 and 4.2.2 stock ROM to flash first - I used PHONE option because the others didn't work (no progress in the message window). This 'faulty' flash came up with a 'UI stopped working error' when the Gear rebooted but I was able to get it into download mode now. I then used Odin 3.09 and the flashed the 4.2.2 as a PIT which worked fine!

Got there after reading through a lot of XDA threads and trying many things. But in the end, the answers were here. Thanks.

PS how I got into the mess (the firmware error message with the yellow triangle)? I was on null 23 and wanted to go back to stock rom so that I could sell the Gear. Couldn't get into download mode for Odin 3.09; I can't exactly remember what I did but I disconnected the gear midway through a seemingly failed flash and it got me to the error. Googling says use Kies but nope, it wouldn't recognise the gear even for the 'emergency firmware'. I tried a lot of things, and wasted a lot of time!

Worked perfectly, THANK YOU! After a few failed attempts at flashing my Gear I thought it was doomed, luckily after flashing the stock ROM back to it as you described I was successful at flashing the Tizen ROM. Thanks for your help!!

Reactions: aukhan

z3phyrantes

Aug 27, 2007
I'm also having this issue.

can you share how to get odin recognise the gear, because now it's only showing yellow triangle with error text, and i cannot perform the step to go to download or recovery mode.

when i do long press on the gear it's only go black screen for awhile then back to error with yellow triangle.

thank you for the reply.

Update:
Already found solution, i just flash Null TWRP form odin and my gear return back to android, after that go to download mode, then flash to tizen.

Last edited:

therider

Mar 29, 2013
I'm also having this issue.

can you share how to get odin recognise the gear, because now it's only showing yellow triangle with error text, and i cannot perform the step to go to download or recovery mode.

when i do long press on the gear it's only go black screen for awhile then back to error with yellow triangle.

thank you for the reply.

Update:
Already found solution, i just flash Null TWRP form odin and my gear return back to android, after that go to download mode, then flash to tizen.

but how did you flash Null TWRP i can not go to download mode and odin don not run from triangle mode.

peteamaro86

Aug 10, 2010
Dallas
PIT?

How did you run it as a PIT? I've been trying for a day now and can't get it to work.

chobochobo

Dec 5, 2012
How did you run it as a PIT? I've been trying for a day now and can't get it to work.

I just ticked the PIT box and browsed to the ROM file. Using the older Odin, that got me past the error message.

I think there are so many variables, we've probably tried many different combination of things. I'm just describing what worked for me, I can't promise it'll work for anybody else. Just wanted to put it out there so that it may help someone.

Last edited:

kryon

Jan 7, 2012
Sydney
This worked for me

youtube{dot}com{slash}watch?v=fS4878klPAQ[ ( i cant post links yet so you will have to fix up the url or youtube search "How to UnBrick Galaxy Gear"

You must down load his rom to start of with after that you should be right to upgrade with Kies to tizen then to tizenmod if wanted or just load Null or what ever but this should unbrick the little b!@#$%^&*. Wish you luck :)

Reactions: trek7000

ftck4

Sep 7, 2012
Samsung galaxy s2 error !

Hello, I have this error on my samsung galaxy s2 device; " firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recorvery mode in kies and try again " :rolleyes:
I have tried on many version of Odin but nothing works and the samsung software no detect the device.
Thanks for a clear explanation because I'm don't what to do ?
I'm not expert of flash with Odin.

Thanks a lot for your help.
:fingers-crossed:

sbrownla

Jun 1, 2007
Northern Arizona
I just ticked the PIT box and browsed to the ROM file. Using the older Odin, that got me past the error message.

I think there are so many variables, we've probably tried many different combination of things. I'm just describing what worked for me, I can't promise it'll work for anybody else. Just wanted to put it out there so that it may help someone.

That doesn't make any sense. Odin 3.09 asks for either a .pit file or an .xml file if you choose PIT.

shelo.raj

Mar 8, 2019
How do you perform the null flash twrp? Could you give step by step guide. I got Odin 3 v18 too. firmware ready.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Worked perfectly, THANK YOU! After a few failed attempts at flashing my Gear I thought it was doomed, luckily after flashing the stock ROM back to it as you described I was successful at flashing the Tizen ROM. Thanks for your help!!
    This worked for me

youtube{dot}com{slash}watch?v=fS4878klPAQ[ ( i cant post links yet so you will have to fix up the url or youtube search "How to UnBrick Galaxy Gear"

You must down load his rom to start of with after that you should be right to upgrade with Kies to tizen then to tizenmod if wanted or just load Null or what ever but this should unbrick the little b!@#$%^&*. Wish you luck :)