Votes: 6 2.5%
  • Don't Need

Votes: 30 12.4%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Semen_K

Jul 27, 2010
Pruszków
what device/rom are you using?, might be something to do with your ROM. I never have to restart the app on my phone, gestures have been working without any issue even after flashing multiple ROM's (eeping user data).

I'm using HD2 with Ultimate Droid 3.2.0, I've had some issues with apps previously, but clearing Dalvik's cache helped. After I cleared it second time ever today morning, menu gesture worked once, after that only home gesture is working properley. I might consider getting pro version if I were sure it will work fine :)

windroidHD

Dec 20, 2010
simplemobdev.blogspot.com
I'm using HD2 with Ultimate Droid 3.2.0, I've had some issues with apps previously, but clearing Dalvik's cache helped. After I cleared it second time ever today morning, menu gesture worked once, after that only home gesture is working properley. I might consider getting pro version if I were sure it will work fine :)
you can try going into settings and restart the service and don't change any any other settings in zMooth and see if it works. If it stops working again after few minutes then your ROM has some issue. The back and menu gesture require "SU" to be working, home gesture doesn't need SU, that's why it's working all the time.

Ideally you never need to restart the service (maybe once if it shows a message to restart when you configure height and width initially).

Reactions: Semen_K

Semen_K

Jul 27, 2010
Pruszków
you can try going into settings and restart the service and don't change any any other settings in zMooth and see if it works. If it stops working again after few minutes then your ROM has some issue. The back and menu gesture require "SU" to be working, home gesture doesn't need SU, that's why it's working all the time.

Ideally you never need to restart the service (maybe once if it shows a message to restart when you configure height and width initially).

I did as you say, the fact is that program is not working well. But another fact is that I like it so much that I'll keep it on my device anyway and expect that some updates will make it work soon. Even the home gesture itself is helping a lot, I use this button the most :).

Good work :windroidHD. I'm waiting for updates :) Good luck with your projects and thanks for help

JosephAGT

Oct 17, 2010
I'm also having problems after redownloading. Olny ^ gesture works correctly. The "back" gesture worked for me only once, for the time I've been using this app. Other gestures no matter how I swipe them wont work. Superuser permission had been given correctly both times.

Anyway, this is a great idea for an application, I'm hoping it will work correctyl and will save my hardware buttons.

I'm having exactly the same problem as you. Though im using Rafdroid's Desire HD rom 4.0.2

D

Deleted member 3338956

HOT DAMN! This is wonderful!

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA App

tmotechsupport

Jul 7, 2010
i was going to post feedback

But everyone beat me to it. The only other thing I can think of is to be able to move it to different areas. Its a great app I bought the full version but I'm going back to the free one because it doesn't seem to do the 10-20 height change. I will keep the subscription though I don't want a refund.

Its a great app I see this being an HD2 staple if you continue to update it.:)

Semen_K

Jul 27, 2010
Pruszków
It depends on what task killer You are using, and whether it has auto killing feature. I tried Advanced Task Killer and Adao Task Killer, with and without autokillnig, and I managed being able to use menu gesture once every time I restart the zMooth service. But that can't be called a real achivement and feedback :p

pedmond

Jun 22, 2007
It depends on what task killer You are using, and whether it has auto killing feature. I tried Advanced Task Killer and Adao Task Killer, with and without autokillnig, and I managed being able to use menu gesture once every time I restart the zMooth service. But that can't be called a real achivement and feedback :p
I don't use one and it actually isn't recommended to use an automatic task killer on Android.

windroidHD

Dec 20, 2010
But everyone beat me to it. The only other thing I can think of is to be able to move it to different areas. Its a great app I bought the full version but I'm going back to the free one because it doesn't seem to do the 10-20 height change. I will keep the subscription though I don't want a refund.

Its a great app I see this being an HD2 staple if you continue to update it.:)
I pushed update for Pro version to fix the height issue.

for other's where back and menu are not working on rafdroid, ultimate droid.

Edit:Seems like some people got it working on HyperDroid and UltimateDroid.

Last edited:

wearefree

Oct 10, 2007
For anyone else interested in the pro version, it comes with the ability to lock screen, and to customize the width and height and color of the activation area.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

xcen_xda

Jan 2, 2009
Sometimes I notice a slight delay of 2-3 seconds before the software responds to my gesture.

Using HD2 with Typhoon's CM7. Anybody facing the same issue?

Semen_K

Jul 27, 2010
Pruszków
I pushed update for Pro version to fix the height issue.

for other's where back and menu are not working on rafdroid, ultimate droid, I will try flashing these ROM's and see if I can figure out the issue.

I've made a full wipe, left only partinion layout and flashed lates ultimate droid 3.2.5. zMooth works just fine :). But now I can't add widgets of eg facebook, tajm or current widget on main screen. I don't get this UD, really.

But zMooth works well for now

htcvidi

Mar 13, 2010
Works fine on HyperDroid.
Less options but more user friendly than 'softkey' or 'button savior'.
Sometimes a little delay between gesture and action.
The possibility to open the list of recent/running apps with a gesture would be terrific :)
Great job.

Last edited:

windroidHD

Dec 20, 2010
Sometimes I notice a slight delay of 2-3 seconds before the software responds to my gesture.

Using HD2 with Typhoon's CM7. Anybody facing the same issue?
If it's happening all the time then there might be a issue with app working with your ROM. If it's happening intermittently then your device might be doing something else in the background when you are performing gesture.

zMooth will NOT use any CPU when it's idle, it uses CPU only when you are performing a gesture. There is no background code which will run when you are not using it.

Reactions: louie317

knifeproz

Apr 22, 2010
my friends asking if this app would work on his mesmerise? i haven't tried it out on my HD2 yet but it looks sick! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just finished publishing zMooth gesture app in android market, it will allow you to use gestures to mimic back, home, menu and power (Pro version) hardware keys.

I wrote this app to be unobtrusive by using minimum amount of screen space but at the same time be very easy and intuitive to use. If you use for couple of days you will understand how easy it is to use.

after you install the app you will see a blue area at the bottom of the screen, swipe left on this area to go back, swipe right for menu and gesture a up-arrow(^) for home.

I highly suggest that you try using different gesture length and speed, it is very sensitive at default settings.
    • I picked the gestures which will have least conflict/collision so that when you gesture you don't have to worry that it might fire the wrong action. The aim was to make them error resistant and build user confidence in gesturing.
    • you don't have to do complete swipe or draw arrow symbol correctly, just a small quick gesture will work.
    • The swipes don't have to be perfectly horizontal, you can do them at an angle.
    • Small swipe/gesture will also work, they don't have to do be as long as they were shown in screenshots.
    • I didn't pick any complicated gestures because back, home and menu should be achievable with out giving a second thought, after couple of days the fingers should move with least effort and finger flexion and MUST be easier than pressing buttons.
    Android market link

Need help or something is not working?
    Support is built-in to the app, "Preferences->Help" will resolve most issues. If not resolved just contact me through "Preferences->Help->Contact Support" and I will be happy to resolve any issues. You can also use browser for FAQ / Common Issues for more info.

QR code link to both Pro and Lite version in android market app (or just search for "zmooth" in android market) :
    chart

Updates:
    Please check market for updates and changes.

Sorry for the quality, I never posted videos of phone screen's before, didn't know how difficult it is to capture these screen's on video.
    This is really handy!
    But I would like to have home on gesture up, instead of having to draw an arrow.
    Left:back
    right:menu
    up:home

Heck, if there's time. Why not let us create ur own gestures for app-launching ect?
    And transparancy would be nice, but I see that's already been suggested.
    Even if you decide not to do this, I think I'll keep this app on my phone. :D
    you don't have to really draw the complete arrow (or left/right swipe), just do quick gesture up and down. up arrow is like home symbol(like roof of your house).

try to decrease length/time of gesture and see how sensitive and easy it is. I put long lines in screen shots just to show for beginners.
    ya since menu slides up gesture should be slide up, you can actually slide up inclined as shown in below screenshot to pull up the menu.

I picked the gestures which will have least conflict/collision so that when you gesture you don't have to worry that it might fire the wrong action. The aim was to make them error resistant and dependable.
    Is the pro version also on Marketplace?
    will soon be.

nohandle,
    I will see what's feasible.
    I'm also having problems after redownloading. Olny ^ gesture works correctly. The "back" gesture worked for me only once, for the time I've been using this app. Other gestures no matter how I swipe them wont work. Superuser permission had been given correctly both times.

Anyway, this is a great idea for an application, I'm hoping it will work correctyl and will save my hardware buttons.