[Q] Play Store stopped working, no other thread helped me

Search This thread

pelteux

Oct 1, 2012
I just installed ADB and it was working but the phone wasn't in debugged mode in its last state since I did a factory reset.

Aynway... Just wanted to say that... IT WORKS!!!! This thread helped me to get a good stock firmware:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822308

Plus, the stock firmware in this thread is already rooted.

I don't understand because the one I had was specifically for a i747M and I found it on xda...

This is the last time I mess around without doing a nandroid backup. At least, I can say this whole mess did make me get some experience.

About CM10, there is officially something going on between the d2att and d2can thing. Maybe somebody with more experience than me could confirm.

Thanks for your help!

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
I just installed ADB and it was working but the phone wasn't in debugged mode in its last state since I did a factory reset.

Aynway... Just wanted to say that... IT WORKS!!!! This thread helped me to get a good stock firmware:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1822308

Plus, the stock firmware in this thread is already rooted.

I don't understand because the one I had was specifically for a i747M and I found it on xda...

This is the last time I mess around without doing a nandroid backup. At least, I can say this whole mess did make me get some experience.

About CM10, there is officially something going on between the d2att and d2can thing. Maybe somebody with more experience than me could confirm.

Thanks for your help!

So happy you got it working, lesson learned, never make a change without a nandroid, and being a moderately hard lesson you'll remember it for a long time. As far as CM10, haven't even followed the thread let alone flash it, loving the unicorns with aokp. Although I would still suggest finding the twrp thread in developement and using it as a recovery, it's very versatile.

Reactions: pelteux

pelteux

Oct 1, 2012
CM10 is finishing the installation!!! I tried again with the same error. I upgraded my 5.x.x.x CWM to 6.0.1.2 and it worked.

EDIT: CM10 and gapps installed correctly in CWM but CM10 is stuck with the blue glowing ring during startup for more than 10 minutes. It's been the second time I install it so far (I did a recovery from my nandroid and started from the beggining) and I will try to reinstall a version that came out today if it still doesn't work... If this still doesn't work, I'm going to surrender with this **** cause this really seems impossible... I tried everything so far, I'll wait for jellybean.

What do you think?

Last edited:

jethro650

Dec 17, 2010
Try upgrading cwm to 6.0.1.2. I've heard some have had good results with this. That link is for ROM Manager, which you just need root for.

This ^^^ another lesson learned tonight. Got so fosused on the build prop I missed it. In another thread it was brought up not to use es file explorer for build prop edits it borks them somehow so.....two lessons in one night...

Are you doing all the proper wipes when flashing?

Last edited:

pelteux

Oct 1, 2012
I'm going to try this during the weekend. I remember that I wiped to factory + cache. I I'm not sure about dalvik though.

For future needs, what would you use to edit the build.prop?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First, you need root access. Second, you need an app like Root explorer. Third, you need to edit the build.prop. More specifically, the line "ro.product.device"

Edit that so it reads d2att

Reboot. Should be good after that.
    You may need to be on a stock, rooted ROM, maybe not.
    System/build.prop/ro.product.device

Change that to d2att.

Root explorer is an app for your phone, not your computer.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

http://db.tt/vgBjRVTR

Try upgrading cwm to 6.0.1.2. I've heard some have had good results with this. That link is for ROM Manager, which you just need root for.
    Alright,

I was able to install file explorer and open build.prop to do the modification. However, I am unable to save the document as it give me the error: Error occured when trying to save the file. It will not be saved.

What can I do about this?

Seriously, I am a bit sceptical about this modification... I guess it could help to install CM10 but, will I get access to my market..?

This should allow Odin to work properly. Your post said that Odin wouldn't work because of an error. This should correct error so that Odin works.
    I think he can't flash a rom cause he gets an error in odin or it doesn't take cause it doesn't recognize the proper device id because of the messed up build prop? Not sure, not too familiar with odin.

Here is what I see when I try to flash the stock firmware into Odin. No error message but nothing completes anyway...

<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> I747UCALEM_I747ATTALEM_I747UCALEM_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)

With cwm 5.5.0.4 I believe it has access to external sd card. What would happen if you downloaded the same CM10 version you originally flashed to your phone on your computer and extracted the build prop and put it on your external sd card(if you have one and an adapter) along with a cwm flashable version of twrp recovery(which i have), flashed twrp and rebooted recovery, then used twrp's built in file explorer to replace the messed up build prop with the original, that should give you a booting phone. The only catch is that you would have to a battery pull and manually boot into recovery, not sure what pulling the battery would do, wouldn't want to mess up your phone more....anyone think this will work?