Linux kernel on i780.

Search This thread

ilMessia

Nov 29, 2008
This tread seems to be dead...Btw if you need a tester for porting android to i780 i' m here...

ilMessia

Nov 29, 2008
I' m sorry i can' t help because i' m a noob in linux but i' ll test everything you post.

Ginger_Fish

Oct 28, 2008
Now in Cork / Ireland
I looking everyday in this thead for news or something like that!

I am Linux User seams 5 years - and if i can do something i will try but I havend so many knowledge about programing or so but if there is something i can do for this Project i will try!

Free the i780 :D

Last edited:

ilMessia

Nov 29, 2008
Ok, tested. Obivusly it is a little step but you did a really great work. I think the screen issue is an hardware issue, maybe wrong screen's voltage or something like that(??)

93matt93

Aug 16, 2008
Bømlo
looks like it messed up the right part of my screen..

The right part is now flickering on my i780..Even in WM..

EDIT: Ahhh, seems to be alright now ( :

Last edited:

Ginger_Fish

Oct 28, 2008
Now in Cork / Ireland
Hey melgurth and the rest of this Forum,

Me, and i think other people, are very intressted what happend with the Linux at i780 Project!
Can you please give an "Update" of information what is the status! I know its an hard work and definetly, you have my respect for what you done, but I dont want to see this project dieing. I look everyday in this Thead because its an awesome Project and I am Linux User but to get the Linux on an i780 my knowlege isnt so great.

Thank You for your work and keep it on!

Kind Regards,

.:]GF[:.

spidertop

Jul 29, 2008

Me, and i think other people, are very intressted what happend with the Linux at i780 Project!
Can you please give an "Update" of information what is the status! I know its an hard work and definetly, you have my respect for what you done, but I dont want to see this project dieing. I look everyday in this Thead because its an awesome Project and I am Linux User but to get the Linux on an i780 my knowlege isnt so great.

Kind Regards,

I agree with him!

Any update on this interesting project ?

garsim

Jan 4, 2008

Kind Regards,

look post #9
now there aren't any news :(

melgurth

Feb 27, 2007
Warsaw
Xiaomi Mi A1
Unfortunately no one joined me, so project is halted.
I must write my masters thesis, which is far more important to me than every project now.
I'll try to finish it quick, but I can not tell when I'll resume this.

(for guys who like to speculate)
"yes", I want to finish this; and "no", this is not withdraw

Last edited:

nagash91

Nov 25, 2008
Return to Window Mobile?

Hi all. I'm going to try linux kernel on my i780, and if I'll understand something, I can help you in this project (i'm a programmer and I can use very well C++ OO and a bit of C hardware level.. I don't use linux every day, and I program on Windows.. If someone explain me what to do in this project I can help ).

If I install linux kernel, can I return to windows mobile flashing with mirage ? (or in other ways)?

:)

(sorry for my english.. I'm Italian)

Last edited:

Ginger_Fish

Oct 28, 2008
Now in Cork / Ireland
Hi all. I'm going to try linux kernel on my i780, and if I'll understand something, I can help you in this project (i'm a programmer and I can use very well C++ OO and a bit of C hardware level.. I don't use linux every day, and I program on Windows.. If someone explain me what to do in this project I can help ).

If I install linux kernel, can I return to windows mobile flashing with mirage ? (or in other ways)?

:)

(sorry for my english.. I'm Italian)

go to http://wiki.github.com/melgurth/i780-kernel/to-do and see what must finish, i think my Linux knowledge isnt good enough to programing!

You must start Linux out of Windows and to come back to Windows you have to remove the Battery and restart the i780! or you write something that the i780 will restart in an other way like remove the Battery! ;)

Top Liked Posts