Wireless Charging

Search This thread

gbmitchell

Jun 18, 2006
Alabama
blake.pm
I thought that I would report that I obtained 2 of the LG wireless charging pads. They work great and of course are compatible with many devices. I recommend it highly. I'm hoping to find something that will work well in my car.

Dmerrittnmt

Aug 25, 2010
VZW 8x

Unfortunately the only one with wireless charging is the Verizon model, which its exclusive to them.
You are correct in that it is exclusive, However if you are able to afford an 8x out of pocket (600 ish bucks) VZW 8xs are unlocked to T-Mobile and AT&T HSDPA and GSM Networks! Just thought id share!

Kahrma

Sep 7, 2008
restarting charging when on charging pad for extended period of time?

I thought that I would report that I obtained 2 of the LG wireless charging pads. They work great and of course are compatible with many devices. I recommend it highly. I'm hoping to find something that will work well in my car.

I'm using the LG charging pad with my Verizon 8x as well. Works well, with one exception.

When you start the phone charging, it'll make a notification sound. After several hours of charging, the phone will periodically act like it's "starting to charge again" by making the notification sound again. I suspect that once fully charged, it stops charging, then after some nominal amount of discharge, it starts up again. Sort of annoying when that point happens to be 3-4am, and my charging plate is on my nightstand.. :)

Have you run into this? If so, is the only solution to turn off the "Play a sound for all other notifications" option under settings/ringtones+sounds? Haven't tried that yet, but if my theory is correct as to what's happening - might be the only resolution.

gbmitchell

Jun 18, 2006
Alabama
blake.pm
I have heard people say this but have not been woken up by it. I read online that for the charge pads notification you can unattach the speaker. I'm not sure on the phone other than turning the volume down.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

johnkapp

Nov 1, 2007
I'm using the LG charging pad with my Verizon 8x as well. Works well, with one exception.

When you start the phone charging, it'll make a notification sound. After several hours of charging, the phone will periodically act like it's "starting to charge again" by making the notification sound again. I suspect that once fully charged, it stops charging, then after some nominal amount of discharge, it starts up again. Sort of annoying when that point happens to be 3-4am, and my charging plate is on my nightstand.. :)

Have you run into this? If so, is the only solution to turn off the "Play a sound for all other notifications" option under settings/ringtones+sounds? Haven't tried that yet, but if my theory is correct as to what's happening - might be the only resolution.
I have the same problem, but nothing I do stops the phone making the sound of the charge starting except turning off the sound. It seems to happen every 15 minutes or so after it is fully charged. I assume the unit discharges enough to reconnect to the charger and start the charging process again. Have you had any luck with the problem?

ColoTouch

Apr 19, 2008
Nokia DT-901 Fatboy Pillow wirless charger?

I just ordered the Fat Boy Pillow wireless charger. Anyone had any problems with the Verizon 8X?

http://www.nokia.com/global/products/accessory/dt-901/

Update: The Nokia DT-901 Fatboy Pillow wireless charger works great with the Verizon 8X. I didn't do anything but lay it on the pillow and it charged it immediately. No issues!

Last edited:

floridan79

Jul 23, 2008
Praha
charging

is there any way I can have mounted wireless charging to my 8X when I don't have one now? Or I have to buy phone from different store that already works like this?

roel neeskens

Jun 19, 2009
I found a wireless charging back cover, and ordered it.
Can't post the link to the site, but this is the partnumber

Partnumber complete backcover HTC 8X: 74H02317/71H04310-08M

123fels321

I found a wireless charging back cover, and ordered it.
Can't post the link to the site, but this is the partnumber

Partnumber complete backcover HTC 8X: 74H02317/71H04310-08M

Did it work?

Just to be clear: You have a non-Verizon Htc 8x and you were able to add wireless charging to the phone just by replacing your original back cover with the spare part 74H02317/71H04310-08M? (would be really great!!!)