[ROM][JB:CM10:HYBRID][ALPHA 3] ParanoidAndroid 2.56 [1/6/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
THIS ROM IS BASED ON AN ALPHA CM10 BUILD BY SBRISSEN. PLEASE MONITOR ITS THREAD FOR POSSIBLE BUGS AND PROBLEMS!
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047734

logo.png

phoneeqfrj.jpg
phabletneise.jpg
tablet7wd3j.jpg

undefined9ye1s.jpg

untitled2j7jwf.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.​
untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-COLOR Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.​
untitled-1jij2c.png

Last edited:

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL
paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to Cyanogenmod
to Utacka
to sbrissen

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• Boot into recovery and make a backup
  • Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache
  • Flash ROM: http://d-h.st/4At (IF YOURE HAVING TROUBLE FLASHING FROM TWRP, FLASH FROM IMNUTS CWM RECOVERY INSTEAD)
  • Flash GAPPS (EVEN WHEN UPDATING BUILDS): http://d-h.st/X4a
  • Reboot and edit your apps DPI & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings - DO NOT RESTORE YOUR OLD PROPERTIES FOR NOW
  • If you want to explore the various phone modes, tap "Configuration," chose an option, wait for it to finish, then do a manual reboot
  • Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ow-YQeex4

Whats not working in Alpha 3?
  • Anything not working in sbrissens Alpha 3 CM build
  • You tell me!

What bugs can I expect in Alpha 3?
  • Any bugs in sbrissens Alpha 3 CM build
  • You tell me!

What else?
  • You tell me!

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

• pa webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
  • You want to port PA? Take a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27558806
  • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
  • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
  • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 4x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
  • Paranoid Android Wallpapers: HERE
  • If you are getting a corrupted sdcard notification, you need to format your external sdcard to FAT32
  • To turn off the hardware buttons, go to system settings > system > hardware keys > uncheck back, menu and home key

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
  • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
  • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
  • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
  • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
  • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
  • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

• PA team
  • CM team
  • Team Hacksung
  • Utacka for his PA source
  • sbrissen for his device tree, vendor files and kernel defconfigs

If you appreciate this download, hit the Thanks button!

Last edited:

slick_rick

Sep 18, 2011
Immokalee/Tampa FL

th0r615

Mar 24, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Awesome work everyone getting AOSP ROMs up and running so quickly after unlock. Waiting for things to become more stable before flashing but I'm feeling the love already!

noobified

Jul 27, 2007
Sweet!! I can't wait to see the feedback! PA was my ROM of choice for my S3.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Is S Pen functionality working on this? If it is, I'm getting it!

I have a feeling this is going to be a recurring question in every ROM thread for the Note 2. If its an AOSP based ROM(or not based on TouchWiz) you can bet it won't have any of the bells and whistles of the TW S-Pen, but you'll at least have the normal touch functionality of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding.

So if it's an AOSP ROM, unless it says something in the OP about cool S-Pen features that they implemented, just think of your S-Pen as a second finger. And if it's based on TW...chances are YES it does have all of the S-Pen features.

Sent from my unlocked & underclocked Galaxy Note 2

dandel0074

Jun 19, 2012
Victorville
Yesssssss

Long time follower on I717 definitely will be flashing this.

Thank you for coming over to the I605, will be testing and posting soon.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Its as good as a nice looking stylus. That's about it right now. I'll add a list of play store alternative apps in OP that add back some of that lost twiz functionality.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

First off I love this rom!! I ran Notta's port on my Fascinate and S3!!! For a alpha build this thing is solid!! Spen works great, but I do have one request. Is there anyway a script could be made so when you removed the spen the nav buttons would pop up and disable hardware keys? That's really the only thing the spen needs for functionality since gestures do not work... such as drawing a less than sign to go back. Thx

dcdgoth

Jul 25, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga
I have a feeling this is going to be a recurring question in every ROM thread for the Note 2. If its an AOSP based ROM(or not based on TouchWiz) you can bet it won't have any of the bells and whistles of the TW S-Pen, but you'll at least have the normal touch functionality of it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that was my understanding.

So if it's an AOSP ROM, unless it says something in the OP about cool S-Pen features that they implemented, just think of your S-Pen as a second finger. And if it's based on TW...chances are YES it does have all of the S-Pen features.

Sent from my unlocked & underclocked Galaxy Note 2

That's what I was thinking too. S Pen enhanced rom has much bigger file......thanks anyway.

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
Couple small things I have found:

Hd video record is broke.
Brightness is max on each reboot.(touching brightness slider fixes)
gps wont lock until running a app from playstore(gps fix), then it locks instantly.

MoeDaddy

Oct 24, 2009
Looks amazing great work! For me I don't even use the spen but I am hooked on multi Window that is the only thing now that I've come to appreciate and couldn't live without. Can't wait until someone either makes an app that does it or they build it into cm or some other aosp build.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

basedboii

May 27, 2010
I loved this rom on the nexus, I cant wait until all the bugs get fixed for the note :)

illogic6

Jul 10, 2009
Couple small things I have found:

Hd video record is broke.
Brightness is max on each reboot.(touching brightness slider fixes)
gps wont lock until running a app from playstore(gps fix), then it locks instantly.
Could you link to the GPS Fix app you are using specifically? I installed the first one I found with that name in the play store and it is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS ROM IS BASED ON AN ALPHA CM10 BUILD BY SBRISSEN. PLEASE MONITOR ITS THREAD FOR POSSIBLE BUGS AND PROBLEMS!
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2047734

logo.png

phoneeqfrj.jpg
    phabletneise.jpg
    tablet7wd3j.jpg

undefined9ye1s.jpg

untitled2j7jwf.png

PER-APP-DPI/LAYOUT This is not tablet mode! Hybrid engine allows you to target apps individually. You get to pick their actual layouts which can tranform content drastically. Keep in mind, this has nothing to do with build.prop hacks or DPI changes. We list all layouts an app brings, you choose one, its as easy as that. It does not matter if your device runs itself in Phone-, Phablet or Tablet-UI, your apps will always look as you like. On top of that you can scale apps, to fit your screen, that way you can even bring full fledged tablet apps and make them run perfectly. Nothing will break, nothing will shrink, your market will be fine. Additionally we have rewritten many parts of the android framework and fixed countless of AOSP bugs to make way for these modifications - our "tablet mode" runs better on a phone than on a real tablet, that is guaranteed.​
    untitled-19kkgo.png

PER-APP-COLOR Paranoidandroids newest invention. Define apps in your regular hybrid panel. See your phone fade into the color definition of your current app, press home or go elsewhere and it fades back. Create as many combinations you like, you can even dabble with opacity. This feature is made possible by our hybrid engine, which is unique to this rom.​
    untitled-1jij2c.png
    paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

To be honest, this is not tablet mode at all, it has nothing to do with silly build.prop hacks. This is the first and only Android rom to feature true Hybrid mode. This rom lets you scale and project every app, every widget, even systemcomponents individually. Remember, android is modular, everything is an app: Lockscreen, navigationbar, dialogs, popups, keyboards, widgets, and your regular apps of course. Apps have the capability to switch into various designs or layouts according to the device they run on. This can result in a complete new experience as many apps will transform to the better.
    Now for every element that you like chose a mode (PhoneUI, Phablet/Nexus-7UI, TabletUI) and/or a size. You are 100% independent of the system DPI which runs nicely in whatever value it has been assigned to. You do not need to boot your phone into a certain DPI. Neither will most of the changes you apply require a reboot. You will not suffer from the myriads of troubles which normally haunt you under build.prop tablet mode. Your market, phone, etc. will all work, apps won't shrink on you unless you shrink them yourself. This project will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the feel of your phone.

Donations to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to Cyanogenmod
    to Utacka
    to sbrissen

paranoid_instructions4zkp3.png

• Boot into recovery and make a backup
    • Wipe data, cache and dalvik cache
    • Flash ROM: http://d-h.st/4At (IF YOURE HAVING TROUBLE FLASHING FROM TWRP, FLASH FROM IMNUTS CWM RECOVERY INSTEAD)
    • Flash GAPPS (EVEN WHEN UPDATING BUILDS): http://d-h.st/X4a
    • Reboot and edit your apps DPI & Layout under Settings/Paranoid Settings - DO NOT RESTORE YOUR OLD PROPERTIES FOR NOW
    • If you want to explore the various phone modes, tap "Configuration," chose an option, wait for it to finish, then do a manual reboot
    • Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72Ow-YQeex4

Whats not working in Alpha 3?
    • Anything not working in sbrissens Alpha 3 CM build
    • You tell me!

What bugs can I expect in Alpha 3?
    • Any bugs in sbrissens Alpha 3 CM build
    • You tell me!

What else?
    • You tell me!

paranoid_hintsu4kjw.png

• pa webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/
    • You want to port PA? Take a look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=27558806
    • Go to Settings, System, Font size, set it to NORMAL
    • Check "Auto Hide" in Settings, System, Statusbar, to finally get Fullscreen
    • Trebuchet Settings: margins:SMALL, show permanent searchbar:YES, Grid: 4x4, resize all widgets:YES, Wallpaper scrolling: OFF
    • Paranoid Android Wallpapers: HERE
    • If you are getting a corrupted sdcard notification, you need to format your external sdcard to FAT32
    • To turn off the hardware buttons, go to system settings > system > hardware keys > uncheck back, menu and home key

paranoid_troublernbsn.png

• If you have an issue and you want to call our attention, here's what you do:
    • 1. Try everything you can, find solutions for yourself. Wipe caches, revert all your settings you have made, go back to your stock Kernel, factory reset if you have to or reflash the rom. Assume that the issue is on your side and try your best to isolate it.
    • 2. Search this thread and Cyanogenmods aswell (its our base) for possible reoccurences of your issue and hopefully solutions that may have come up.
    • 3. If you think the issue is important enough that we should cease our work and look into it, post your issue, BUT ...
    • ... stay friendly, do not demand anything, do not threaten
    • ... explain your issue as precise as you can, name the exact apps and conditions that cause trouble, help us to replicate the issue right away. If we can't there's no way we can fix it and your post will simply clutter the thread
    • ... collect evidence, keep in mind this is a developer thread so even if you are not one, do us the favor and research how to record logcat. logcat is the single most important help you can give us to resolve your issue.

paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

paranoid_creditsjkkeh.png

• PA team
    • CM team
    • Team Hacksung
    • Utacka for his PA source
    • sbrissen for his device tree, vendor files and kernel defconfigs

If you appreciate this download, hit the Thanks button!
    How to set the workspace mode
    untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps layout and size
    untitled-1biqpb.png

Source

ALL THANKS GO TO SBRISSEN FOR LETTING ME USE HIS SOURCE AND LAYING THE GROUND WORK FOR AOSP ROMS! ALL I DID WAS MAKE A FEW MINOR EDITS TO MAKE IT WORK WITH PA SOURCE. GO THANK AND/OR BUY HIM A BEER! :)
    Its as good as a nice looking stylus. That's about it right now. I'll add a list of play store alternative apps in OP that add back some of that lost twiz functionality.

First off I love this rom!! I ran Notta's port on my Fascinate and S3!!! For a alpha build this thing is solid!! Spen works great, but I do have one request. Is there anyway a script could be made so when you removed the spen the nav buttons would pop up and disable hardware keys? That's really the only thing the spen needs for functionality since gestures do not work... such as drawing a less than sign to go back. Thx
    Alpha 2 finally uploaded. My internet was being really slow. Enjoy :)