[Kitchen][CLOSED] Diamond-GSM-Kitchen [23420 / 23060 / 21859][WWE]

Should the kitchen be modular (i.e. Base Kitchen / ROM & SYS / EXT)?

• Yes

Votes: 276 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 43 13.5%

• Total voters
Search This thread

yozgatg

Jun 21, 2008
i've been using this kitchen now for almost a week and it's great, thanks for the volume fix

Known issues:
WM6.1 boot screen still shows before switching to WM6.5 one

to fix this, extract the attached file to OEM\Diamond\COMMON\OemDrivers

i don't know why, but i can't get the HTCSipMenu to start in 6.5 (topaz ezinput 2), so i can't change to phone keypad nor can i change languages

ps build 231 is out (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=474406)

Attachments

• HTCAnimationStartup.zip
    84 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

jackblaq

Dec 26, 2007
TF3D2 has some problems the text messaging doesn't seem to work, the favorites tab doesn't work as the contact list crashes.

65coupei6

Apr 27, 2007
San Francisco
Anyone having problems skinning the taskbar? I have tried 4 different 6.5 taskbars but the power icon dissapears sometimes or blanks when the "x" or "close/ok" icon is pressed.

hrishi11

Mar 23, 2009
pune
no network after flashing..

hi..
thanks for the kitchen..indeed very very easy..
i have a small problem..my diamond shows an exclamation mark in the network area n doesnt take any coverage..
what have i done..??

hrishi11

Mar 23, 2009
pune
Anyone having problems skinning the taskbar? I have tried 4 different 6.5 taskbars but the power icon dissapears sometimes or blanks when the "x" or "close/ok" icon is pressed.
yes..even im facing this problem..plus sometimes the battery n ok icon both get hanged up using thumb n then stylus is the only way out.

mosec

Apr 24, 2008
Add more apps/packages?

Is there a way to add more packages and cook them into the rom?
If yes, where can I find some?:) Thanks

lobsterdave

Sep 3, 2006
Ipswich
I have found some packages from within other kitchens;
Da_g's [Touch Pro]: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=474406
qsqa's [Touch Pro]: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=505800
Daryelv's [CDMA Diamond]: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=65333

some i have created from cab's, using SztupY's cabtools available here http://winmo.sztupy.hu/cabtools.html, to create an OEM package and then manually correcting the layout.

e.g. if the extracted cab was in the folder "cab"
1. create a new folder within this called "files"
2. Create a new folder called "0409" (as this is the language i am building for"
3. Within 0409 create a folder called "files"
4. now back in cab i would delete "option.xml", "initflashfiles.txt" and the "xxxx.dsm" files
5. then rename "xxxx.rgu" to "app.reg"
6. then copy any files with 0409 in them to cab\0409\files
7. copy all other files (exc app.reg) to cab\files
8. create a new blank file "_skip" in your cab folder
9. copy your new package folder "cab" to ..\Kitchen\EXT\Shared\"Own Packages"\ (where "Own Packages" is the name of your custom packages folder)

hope this helps, and as im also new to this if i have any of this wrong please correct me.

EDIT: Just read this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=3646620&postcount=3887 in Da-g's thread, it seems Kraize has created a set of batch scripts to automate the entire process

Is there a way to add more packages and cook them into the rom?
If yes, where can I find some?:) Thanks

Last edited:

lobsterdave

Sep 3, 2006
Ipswich
Have noticed that the right hand soft key is not set to launch the comm manager, here's a cab to fix it.

Attachments

• LDCommMgrFix.cab
    314 bytes · Views: 22

dajudge01

Jun 14, 2008
Manila2 (Rhodium - the package you included in your last kitchen) works nicely if you replace Da_G's netCF (SYS) with the one in your last kitchen. Even a evil shell32 bug is gone in the new release...

Any ideas why the hardware buttons (Home, back, call, hang-up) don't work for me? It's funny - because the DPad actually works... Am I missing (or overwriting) something important?

Apart from that this kitchen (along with the ROM) is simply great! It's blazing fast (never got a ROM running TouchFLO so smooth) and has all the neat goodies from WiMo 6.5 :)

Thanks for that nice kitchen!

Cheers,
Alex

drblow

May 14, 2006
Thanks for this kitchen!" I have never tried making a rom before, and this makes it nice and approachable.

I would love answers to a couple of burning noob questions, that I promise I have been searching for over and over ...

1) how can I tell what files I can remove without buggering up the rom?
2) how can I tweak other things like theme files, skins, reg settings etc?
3) can I install a messed up rom (or will it just not create one properly?) and if so, how do I rescue the phone (using internal storage method).

Any help/answers/links to tutorials would be much appreciated.

:)

dajudge01

Jun 14, 2008
1) how can I tell what files I can remove without buggering up the rom?
Just don't touch XIP, OEM and SYS

2) how can I tweak other things like theme files, skins, reg settings etc?
Mostly through .reg files and additional files to the ROM. Maybe you take a look at the packages provided with the kitchen - they give your a good idea...

3) can I install a messed up rom (or will it just not create one properly?) and if so, how do I rescue the phone (using internal storage method).
Yes - when restarting your Diamond press the VolDown hardware button - this will bring you to the tri-color bootloader screen. From there you can flash another ROM using the RUU just as usual. Note: this is no guarantee - cooking ROMs can be somewhat delicate business - so if you brick yours: don't blame me ;-) It worked for me at least a dozen times by now though...

Cheers,
Alex