[Q] PhilZ touch help

Search This thread

Jackie987

Feb 14, 2014
Ok so i am getting everything ready to root and get custom recovery, but i am a bit confused. Does PhilZ touch work on with the Galaxy s4 on 4.3? if it does than i am all set to go, but if it doesnt i need some help with a custom recovery that will work with Cyanogenmod11 4.4.2 kitkat

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Ok so i am getting everything ready to root and get custom recovery, but i am a bit confused. Does PhilZ touch work on with the Galaxy s4 on 4.3? if it does than i am all set to go, but if it doesnt i need some help with a custom recovery that will work with Cyanogenmod11 4.4.2 kitkat

If your phone isn't an mdk or dev edition Verizon s4 there's no custom recovery like Philz for you.
Only SafeStrap.

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
As Mistertac said twice and I said twice, no you cannot get kitkat whatsoever. You can not get anything but 4.3 TW. That's it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia

Well, you just asked all of the questions in one thread. :) It's a shame that you just wasted several people's time.

Please read this.

Reactions: decaturbob

k1mu

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
OK thanks, i have one last question. Has anyone announced / said that they will be working on a 4.3 exploit?

4.3 Exploit?
The Android 4.3 builds on the Verizon i545 (MJ7, MK2) are quite easily exploited and rooted. But that's not the right question.
What matters is what bootloader version you have.

The MDK bootloader can be bypassed with Loki. None of the later bootloader builds allow arbitrary kernel or recovery flashes. Each build for the S4 has locked down the phone further. However, all of the i545 builds are currently rootable. What you can do once rooted is pretty limited post MDK.

Reactions: decaturbob

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well, you just asked all of the questions in one thread. :) It's a shame that you just wasted several people's time.

Please read this.
    OK thanks, i have one last question. Has anyone announced / said that they will be working on a 4.3 exploit?

People are trying but it's pretty locked down

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

4.3 Exploit?
    The Android 4.3 builds on the Verizon i545 (MJ7, MK2) are quite easily exploited and rooted. But that's not the right question.
    What matters is what bootloader version you have.

The MDK bootloader can be bypassed with Loki. None of the later bootloader builds allow arbitrary kernel or recovery flashes. Each build for the S4 has locked down the phone further. However, all of the i545 builds are currently rootable. What you can do once rooted is pretty limited post MDK.