Search This thread

sher_dil

Jan 22, 2014
I have got a new Nokia Lumia 1320 in India.
Under Nokia's campaign some games like Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3, assassins creed are free.
I download all games on Pc because it has fast internet and my mobile has slow limited internet, so I downloaded Modern Combat 4 from PC from windows phone store and transferred it to Sd card. When I go to Store> SD card> this app comes up as paid app and asks me to buy it.

Otherwise on store on phone these games come up twice once as free and once as paid. But on store on PC they appear only once as paid.

What to do? I do not have wifi so cannot download it on phone.

titi66200

Jun 2, 2009
PERPIGNAN
Not the same link for paid version and Nokia version
You can start the installation of the application on the phone and stop it when the download starts.
On you PC go to http://www.windowsphone.com and in your "Purchasse History".
Click the name of the application and you will have the corresponding XAP link.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Either that, or the fact that on 8.0 the Store is quite... crap. For me, multiple times after purchasing and trying to reinstall apps, gave the "Buy" link instead of "Install". But when you click it, it starts installing nonetheless.

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Either that, or the fact that on 8.0 the Store is quite... crap. For me, multiple times after purchasing and trying to reinstall apps, gave the "Buy" link instead of "Install". But when you click it, it starts installing nonetheless.

yes of course show buy, but always give free install if app purchased or installed in free period....

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

I have got a new Nokia Lumia 1320 in India.
Under Nokia's campaign some games like Modern Combat 4, NOVA 3, assassins creed are free.
I download all games on Pc because it has fast internet and my mobile has slow limited internet, so I downloaded Modern Combat 4 from PC from windows phone store and transferred it to Sd card. When I go to Store> SD card> this app comes up as paid app and asks me to buy it.

Otherwise on store on phone these games come up twice once as free and once as paid. But on store on PC they appear only once as paid.

What to do? I do not have wifi so cannot download it on phone.

you must open Web link for game on www.windowsphone.com and push Install button (and confirm additional messages) and this game (or app) be free on your account forever... your phone no need to be on internet for this.

sher_dil

Jan 22, 2014
Thanks guys for your replies. I figured out 3 different yet same way to solve this problem:

1. When Modern combat was asking me to buy on phone, I clicked on 'share' and checked the link, I did the same for free version on phone clicked the 'share' and checked the link.
I opened those links on PC and found that the free games were from US store. So I downloaded from that link and it works.

2. Fortunately my phone synced properly with windows phone store, so now "Apps from Nokia" section comes in windows store on PC too. I can get free games from there. I clicked "Install"> "get app" for all free games and they show up in my purchase history. I will actually install them when I have enough space :D

3. I could have gone to the Nokia website and where they talk about free games, just open the links given for games and download from there.

The paid version still shows as paid and only free version listed separately is free which in most cases is from US store, me being from India.

yes of course show buy, but always give free install if app purchased or installed in free period....

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

you must open Web link for game on www.windowsphone.com and push Install button (and confirm additional messages) and this game (or app) be free on your account forever... your phone no need to be on internet for this.

renzildcosta

Oct 21, 2014
same thing

I also downloaded modern combat 4 on laptop ........download and install mutually but when i tried to install the game was paid in store can anyone help me .........plz breifly explain me plz

sher_dil

Jan 22, 2014
During this promo campaign the games like MC4, NOVA3 etc used to appear twice in store once as paid and once as free. To get the free games we had to download the free version only. But after some time (maybe 2 months) the free version has been removed, only the paid version is there. I came to know about this when I updated my phone to WP8.1 and could not get those free games. Now if I want to play MC4, NOVA3 etc. I will have to pay for them even though I had played them for free.