Done.
Added the warning.
I dont care either really.
I get the updates faster then OTA so who cares:p

kenmasters321

Oct 8, 2010
leeds
nice post. i can finally remove ALL of the trash on my DHD:

i removed the following apps thru TB (backed them up before i removed ofcourse!):
* orange 2.2
* news and weather 1.3..
* quick lookup 2.2
* stocks 2.00
* reader 1 .0
* reader 2.0
* freind stream 1.0
* friend stream widgit
* news 1.0
* tips for home
* facebook for htc sense 1.0
* flicker 1.0
* stocks widget 1.0
* twitter widgit 1.0
* HTC Hub 1.0
* Twitter 1.0.4
* .. removing a few more, some of these apps just seem to be web page url links ?!?!

thanks op

renegade1

Aug 1, 2006
down south
Hello all :=)
Thought i would give a small quick guide for you hehe.

Ofc root your phone before this :=)
Step1.
Install Titanium Backup from market.
Step2. Start it.
step 3 Firstly, after you run Titanium Backup you need to tap on "Problems?" and accept to download BusyBox.
Step 4. Keep your finger pressed on the app you want removed.
step5. On the bottom of the options that comes up you find force remove app.

That simple it is :D

Im aware of some people have posted this in threads and such, but i thought i would make a simple straight forward guide for them that did not know about titanium backup :)

Warning
This will stop the OTA updates for your phones.
You will need to download the ZIP for the update when it's released here to update.
Or the RUU

did everything, just didn't give me options when i long press the app.

update: just reboot my phone and voila it works like a charm but still some of the remaining apps sucking the life out of the battery. i am hoping that the geniuses of this great website will make a custom rom so that we can party with our desire hd all day all night.

Last edited:

mbaroukh

Feb 6, 2009
Hi.

Thanks for this but is there any possibility to also add stock apps ?
I bough this Desire HD thinking that Sense would be nice.
But I really hate how contacts are managed and would prefer having the standard contact app ...
Another question : Is there any way to make a full backup ? before changing anything ? It would be nice to be able to restore HTC stufs in case I finally sell it ...

I had a Nexus One before with cyanogen 6.1 and really, it is a lot more useful. I hope there will be cyanogen on it once ...

Thanks for all.

Mike

erdinc

May 18, 2009
Gent
So we need Hboot to reflash the stock ROM ?? where do I find this ? can't find it anywhere.
I followed the tutorial to create a "rom.zip" , put it on my sdcard , tried power + volume button ...

kenmasters321

Oct 8, 2010
leeds
So is it supposed to restart for each app i remove?

yeh its annoying restarting after deleting each app, thats how i did it as well took ages! but worth it :)

only issue i can see is with replacing the backups back, as once its forcefully removed by the TB option then you can not put the backup back - i can't anyway!

be careful on what you remove permanently

kenmasters321

Oct 8, 2010
leeds
can some1 please help me remove the icon 'Learn More' from the apps menu? i can't work which file to uninstall from TB.

mike1986.

thanks for the reply, but i can not see an app called 'htcsetupwizard' in Titanium backup on DHD - but i can see 'Setup 1.00' - not sure weather this will remove the 'Learn More' link?!?!

more advice please

It should be setup 1.00 or Configuration 1.00 - just tap on it and click "Uninstall" and in the confirmation screen you will see the apk name. It should be HTCSetupWizard.apk

LtdEdFred

Jun 30, 2010
Oslo
can some1 please help me remove the icon 'Learn More' from the apps menu? i can't work which file to uninstall from TB.

This tip doesn't really remove the app, but by using eg. LauncherPro you can chose which apps to show in your appdrawer (along with several other neat features). Give it a try if you're not too addicted to Sense (I thought I was at first, but after using LauncherPro Plus (the paid version) for a little while I can't do without it).

Rixsta

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 26, 2010
Nottingham
This tip doesn't really remove the app, but by using eg. LauncherPro you can chose which apps to show in your appdrawer (along with several other neat features). Give it a try if you're not too addicted to Sense (I thought I was at first, but after using LauncherPro Plus (the paid version) for a little while I can't do without it).

Thats exactly what I do, love Launcherpro plus, also doing it this way it doesn't mess up the OTA Updates..

RedSkyRoad

Nov 11, 2010
Johannesburg
I did the whole Titanium backup process...

My phone reboots, then suddenly I get an "Attention" triangle and and android toon on my screen and everything is still...

What now? There's no second reboot...

Please help

Edit: I get the following error in recovery mode...

E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

PS : I have a stock 2.2 ROM rooted with Unrevoked 3

Last edited:

moley10

Oct 10, 2010
I did the whole Titanium backup process...

My phone reboots, then suddenly I get an "Attention" triangle and and android toon on my screen and everything is still...

What now? There's no second reboot...

Please help

Edit: I get the following error in recovery mode...

E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted.

PS : I have a stock 2.2 ROM rooted with Unrevoked 3

im also having the same problem, any ideas yet?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all :=)
    Thought i would give a small quick guide for you hehe.

Ofc root your phone before this :=)
    Step1.
    Install Titanium Backup from market.
    Step2. Start it.
    step 3 Firstly, after you run Titanium Backup you need to tap on "Problems?" and accept to download BusyBox.
    Step 4. Keep your finger pressed on the app you want removed.
    step5. On the bottom of the options that comes up you find force remove app.

That simple it is :D

Im aware of some people have posted this in threads and such, but i thought i would make a simple straight forward guide for them that did not know about titanium backup :)

Warning
    This will stop the OTA updates for your phones.
    You will need to download the ZIP for the update when it's released here to update.
    Or the RUU