Testing the anker 6200mah and Hyperion 6200mah

Search This thread

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
It was approximate...it was around 9.5hrs...it was my very first charge out of the box. Im on my second charge and im no where near that this time around. . Still satisfied with it..only hitting 19hrs and 5hrs screen time..the more customizing the battery life becomes shorter..

I just got this beast on Wed ;)

Last edited:

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
I think the battery is stabilizing now. I've been off the charger for almost 5 hours on lte and streaming music and its still at 90%

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361032340861.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361032340861.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 412
Reactions: Double0EK

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
First charge with the anker. Didn't even charge it for the initial 12 hours and it's draining less than the hyperion. No wifi and streaming music. (Been at work for about 5 hours so far)...

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361120480677.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361120480677.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 321

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
My Anker does that...drops fast the first 10-15% then levels out. I also noticed that the last 10, or so, percent it last quite a while.. so there might be some callibration issues.

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
Yeah. Anker is better. Yesterday my Hyperion battery was in the 60th percentile for the same amount of hours.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361143918521.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361143918521.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 285

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
Hate to break it to you but posting these screenshots really don't prove much. At the very least you should be using better battery stats, but even then, your battery life would be governed by software installed, which version of android you are running, etc. There are ways to test your battery... Hitting the battery under settings isn't one of them.

Sent from the TARDIS

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
You blew up this thread with your opinion, which is based on nothing more than warm and fuzzy reactions to the stock battery screen. Try getting fast discharge or another type of battery discharging app next time, so you can cycle thru the recharges (per hyperion's email to you) faster, and get your battery to where you want it. Hyperions, and many of these 6200mAh batteries are lasting close to 72 hours, yet you're worried about what the phone says immediately after you unplug it? Cycle properly, test with facts, profit.

Reactions: odrecords

babiegurl36

Dec 11, 2012
Chicago
You blew up this thread with your opinion, which is based on nothing more than warm and fuzzy reactions to the stock battery screen. Try getting fast discharge or another type of battery discharging app next time, so you can cycle thru the recharges (per hyperion's email to you) faster, and get your battery to where you want it. Hyperions, and many of these 6200mAh batteries are lasting close to 72 hours, yet you're worried about what the phone says immediately after you unplug it? Cycle properly, test with facts, profit.

Kma. How about that? I swear some of you on here are so full of yourselves and are Internet bullies.... I'm entitled to my opinion and after using the hyperion for a month and seeing better results with the anker, i prefer the anker! Keep commenting if you want. I'm done and I won't be back to read anything else you post so internet argue with yourself.

Btw, I do use another frigging app, Gsam battery! I swear I wish some of you lived in the Chi because I would love to see you disrespect this female in real time. SMMFH. I'm deleting my profile. I'm just done with the snappy attitudes and blatant arrogance of some on here.

Last edited:

donelam304

Feb 16, 2013
Danville

why is there is always someone trying to make their ePen look impressive to others by degrading someone else. this is a forum and post asking others of their opinions on certain items. yes i am a total noob when it comes to the G Note 2. but i can bet i know a ton about android products. and i never put someone down over their opinion. if they state false facts thats another thing. but this is their experience and opinion. i have been with android products and rooting them since the OG droid hit the scene. i just came from a moto bionic and had to getan extended battery for it. so this is a very important topic for me. i am sure there are others that would like to see others post their opinions on their batteries as well. not all of us are experts here. but we do value the opinions of other normal people. thank you for your time. and have a safe and wonderful day.

jujuburi

Sep 10, 2011
@babiegurl36: Well don't do that. Don't go away for some smartarse. It's XDA™, when everything is going cool and calm, some KIDS (there is a reason why I've bold it) come and try to involve their dirty nose. Pathetic, but that's how it is here.
You have some problem with your Android, well you have a faulty unit.
Just make an anti-Apple comment and have 50 thanks by other kids. This is XDA, I mean another side of it.
Anyway, as I said, keep posting the information you were posting about Anker, Hyper batteries. I follow this topic closely, never thought I'd have to post, but yet I did!
:eek:

'Swyped' from my GT-N7100

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I am interested to find a single piece of disrespect in my posts. What I did was point out that using your opinion that's not based on a single shred of evidence was complete hot garbage. How many wakelocks or partial wakelocks did you have during your first 10% of battery drain? Did you try draining your battery properly, per Hyperion's instructions, and then spending the 12+ hours to recharge to full? Did you do this five times, per their instructions? I am willing to bet no.
I literally have to use an ac wall adapter to let my spare hyperion charge to full, as it takes WAY to long to recharge from 2-5% charge. That said, I am getting near 14 hours of screen time and 2 days 23 hours between recharges. I am using a monoprice 24awg usb cable coupled with the HP Touchpad ac adapter, and it still takes forever... but this is about the cleanest power to the phone.
Now, regarding the Badass Battery Monitor, or GSam... That's basically a pretty version of the stock app. Again, I gave you the tools, why go free when you own a $700 phone?
Since you have twice said "you're done" and you're deleting your account, I assume that you won't see this. Then again, you will. And here's a hint... while you're up in "Chi"... sprint has horrible coverage there. Your phone is crushing it's modem trying to amp it's signal in order to get data(Data, not voice, data). Next time you are giving your opinions, set your phone to airplane mode and turn off background data...and truly test it. No lte with music streaming, no pulling it off the charger before it's fully charged. I know this is hard for your "Chi" values to grasp, but statistics can really embolden your remarks. Throwing the female and "chi" card... on top of whatever you are trying to do in your avatar, really adds to your credibility.
And I, too, am done... with craptastic opinions that aren't based on a single shred of fact. You've been complaining about poor battery life on XDA since mid Dec. Try listening to users advice instead of just throwing money at your phone. How can I get almost THREE DAYS of use (10-14 hours of screen time) on a hyperion battery... and you can't break two days? I could care less about the first 5 to 10%, it's the length between charges that's important. You had these problems with the stock 3100mAh as well, doesn't that tell you something? Are you still using a non stock rom? There are tons of variables... a lot more than "ohh, piece of candy" every time you see a new battery.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
First of all... Sorry to ask this here.
But had anyone tried this generic battery?

Generic 7600mAH Battery

It says its not for Tmo... but I would still buy it just to test...
Or should I steer clear away and just use either an Anker or Hyperion (Mugen is out of my budget for a battery)?

rjackson23

Jun 10, 2011
tuscaloosa al
I am interested to find a single piece of disrespect in my posts. What I did was point out that using your opinion that's not based on a single shred of evidence was complete hot garbage. How many wakelocks or partial wakelocks did you have during your first 10% of battery drain? Did you try draining your battery properly, per Hyperion's instructions, and then spending the 12+ hours to recharge to full? Did you do this five times, per their instructions? I am willing to bet no.
I literally have to use an ac wall adapter to let my spare hyperion charge to full, as it takes WAY to long to recharge from 2-5% charge. That said, I am getting near 14 hours of screen time and 2 days 23 hours between recharges. I am using a monoprice 24awg usb cable coupled with the HP Touchpad ac adapter, and it still takes forever... but this is about the cleanest power to the phone.
Now, regarding the Badass Battery Monitor, or GSam... That's basically a pretty version of the stock app. Again, I gave you the tools, why go free when you own a $700 phone?
Since you have twice said "you're done" and you're deleting your account, I assume that you won't see this. Then again, you will. And here's a hint... while you're up in "Chi"... sprint has horrible coverage there. Your phone is crushing it's modem trying to amp it's signal in order to get data(Data, not voice, data). Next time you are giving your opinions, set your phone to airplane mode and turn off background data...and truly test it. No lte with music streaming, no pulling it off the charger before it's fully charged. I know this is hard for your "Chi" values to grasp, but statistics can really embolden your remarks. Throwing the female and "chi" card... on top of whatever you are trying to do in your avatar, really adds to your credibility.
And I, too, am done... with craptastic opinions that aren't based on a single shred of fact. You've been complaining about poor battery life on XDA since mid Dec. Try listening to users advice instead of just throwing money at your phone. How can I get almost THREE DAYS of use (10-14 hours of screen time) on a hyperion battery... and you can't break two days? I could care less about the first 5 to 10%, it's the length between charges that's important. You had these problems with the stock 3100mAh as well, doesn't that tell you something? Are you still using a non stock rom? There are tons of variables... a lot more than "ohh, piece of candy" every time you see a new battery.

Why do u have to argue all the time

sent from my bad ass note 2

one80oneday

Apr 19, 2008
Florida
First of all... Sorry to ask this here.
But had anyone tried this generic battery?

Generic 7600mAH Battery

It says its not for Tmo... but I would still buy it just to test...
Or should I steer clear away and just use either an Anker or Hyperion (Mugen is out of my budget for a battery)?

I would stick with name brand batteries. I tried two from eBay and both didn't even last as long as my stock battery :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's my 3rd charge on my anker
    Now I have a op in general for this battery with tons of pics throughout its use. It's quite detailed. Please look over in general section for more comparisons. I feel the anker is the best I've tested. I've done the 6500 ebay specials have 3 of those. And one of the 7600 ones and there the same as the 6500 ones.
    sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!
    I charged mine in the phone. It came in at 59%. No troubles at all . Once hit full. Reset battery stats. And went to town.

sent from my sch-l605 clean rom, o.c. and under volted, wireless charging modded, 64 ulta sd, just about do anything phone!!!!
    I've had the Hyperion battery for about 3 weeks and I wasnt too impressed with the first 10% dropping off after charging in a span of two hours. I raised serious concern about it and Hyperion refunded my money and told me to keep the battery. I am waiting for my Anker to be shipped to me sometiime this weekend. I hope I have a better experience with that one.

As for the OD mod for the extended battery, I strongly suggest to do it if you have a dremel! I didnt have one and it took a lot of work to cut through the Otterbox case...Whew! Other than that,I love it! :good:
    Oh ya..thats not that great for 6200 mah battery... I got 24hrs on my stock battery with 10hrs screen time.
    I think the battery is stabilizing now. I've been off the charger for almost 5 hours on lte and streaming music and its still at 90%