Dec 30, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.1]SlimBean -Mako- 1.1[16/02/13]

Yeah, I'm using the official 4.2.1

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Bradford West Gwillimbury

Is it possible to include in the new version options to be able to choose NFC screen on/locked and such variations..?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Weedalot

Apr 23, 2011

My battery performance isn't that great. I had the same setup on stock rom without root and slim and I had 5-6 hours of screen now it is 4 at most. What are you guys getting?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

android88

Jan 21, 2012

My battery performance isn't that great. I had the same setup on stock rom without root and slim and I had 5-6 hours of screen now it is 4 at most. What are you guys getting?

You can try changing your kernel. Trinity gives me great battery.

android88

Jan 21, 2012

I don't have the photosphere option, do you guys have? Is it dpi related?

You have to flash the Photosphere .zip, flash Gapps, or add the Photosphere files manually (GalleryGoogle.apk and a lib whose name I forget).

Last edited:

sinizter

Jan 2, 2011
Is expanded desktop working fine for everybody else? Toggling the option in the power menu doesn't seem to actually have any effect for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-23-12-28-14.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-02-23-12-28-14.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 349

android88

Jan 21, 2012

Is expanded desktop working fine for everybody else? Toggling the option in the power menu doesn't seem to actually have any effect for me.

Go into Settings>Interface>Power menu and toggle what happens when you turn on expanded desktop.

Reactions: sinizter

odeccacccp

Dec 20, 2011
Bradford West Gwillimbury

I think he might be talking about this modded NfcNci.apk with those features he stated above.

Yes NFC apk modded on slim, aokp has the option in settings to choose different variations, right now it's done manually by switching apks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Weedalot

Apr 23, 2011

You can try changing your kernel. Trinity gives me great battery.

Flashed Trinity kernel don't see any difference.
Do I need to change some settings or just stock flash?

android88

Jan 21, 2012

Flashed Trinity kernel don't see any difference.
Do I need to change some settings or just stock flash?

You should just leave the settings stock. Battery should improve after the kernel settles.

shayne77

Mar 31, 2011
Gold Coast
ASUS ZenFone 8

So its OK for you guys to A) Post a screenshot showing your using 1.3 (I assume for testing purposes but why post a screenshot) B) Provide advice to someone using that same screenshot which is totally useless to us considering were ALL still on 1.1?
Its OK.. I'll see if Paranoid fixes my connection issues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

as some of you may know, we have been working on 4.3 Slim pretty much ever since 4.3 AOSP code was released.... currently, these early Slim 4.3 builds are labeled as "alpha" but overall are pretty stable... im here to share with you one of our 4.3 builds so that you guys can do some testing for us and to enjoy ;)

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -theme manager fcs (disable themes provider)
    -few QS tiles have bad format

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/LCxI
    temporary 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/1nFO
    (4.3 libs with non-updated 4.2.2 apk's -
    the new apk's will be released with last 4.2.2 build)

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every litle bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),
    Yes the source is released and we're working on it.
    We'll release it when we feel it's ready to be released.

We'll ignore any further questions about 4.3 until then.
    ALPHA 2:

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -few QS tiles have bad format

fixes:
    -themes

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/3o2y
    new 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/jIUg

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every little bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1. you do not get the magical hint: without proper log we cannot do anything

2. a lot roms just left either half of the 4.3 merge or dropp many features. Both not the way slim is doing. And I think alpha3.1 is quiet stable

3. you know this is an alpha version?

4. whatever......we do not need to support that framework.....but we would look into it....no proper log...no solution

I do not know if you have in any kind an idea how much work it was to merge in 4.3 into Slim......complete AOSP changes were about 5 million line changes....alone frameworks_base over 2 million.....me and gmillz did it about 1 week night and day.....2 persons....sleeping 2 hours a day just to bring it bugfree up.

CM has the advantage to have power off a lot developers...other roms just drop features to get it fast up

and surprise surprise.....SlimBean has still all features and working and fully 4.3 merged in...and you do not believe it we did it that clean that a lot non nexus devices will get as well very fast 4.3. And that is the next point....we do not provide only nexus devices...would make our life a lot easier and we would have way less conflicts with the nexus devices

maybe you should think about it

and that after 11 days aosp released the source...unbelievable
    Halo is not coming, not the current way at least. What's in gerrit is not for public view, betas refrain from posting it. If we decide to include ( far from a decision ) you will see it in github our version of it. Let's stay away from the halo discussion. I don't want to read anymore about it.
    Thanks