[Q] Moto G Kitkat doesn't show SIM contacts

Search This thread

Gromit2005

Jun 8, 2008
I have just received my Moto G and upgraded it to 4.4.2.
When I inserted my SIM, the dialer didn't show any of my SIM contacts, only the contacts from Google.
I did select "All Contacts" in the dialer's menu, but it didn't help.

The contacts are on the SIM, SIM management apps can see them.
I don't want to import the contacts, want to keep them in SIM - is it possible?

Nandeh

Apr 16, 2010
VLC
I have just received my Moto G and upgraded it to 4.4.2.
When I inserted my SIM, the dialer didn't show any of my SIM contacts, only the contacts from Google.
I did select "All Contacts" in the dialer's menu, but it didn't help.

The contacts are on the SIM, SIM management apps can see them.
I don't want to import the contacts, want to keep them in SIM - is it possible?

No offense, but what's the point of use SIM to save contacts actually, having a Google account? :confused:

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
Same issue

Even I am facing the same issue. I have some 703 contacts stored on gmail, including many email addresses that I no longer need and weir names from google plus and facebook. I have 99 contacts saved on my sim which I regularly use but there is no way to see them in the 'people' app. There is an import/export option, but even after importing my contacts I can't see them. Any solutions?

JIT99

Mar 26, 2014
Even I am facing the same issue. I have some 703 contacts stored on gmail, including many email addresses that I no longer need and weir names from google plus and facebook. I have 99 contacts saved on my sim which I regularly use but there is no way to see them in the 'people' app. There is an import/export option, but even after importing my contacts I can't see them. Any solutions?

You'll have to go to contacts (app/widget) then options..import..import from SIM.

zazzy24

Aug 1, 2013
You'll have to go to contacts (app/widget) then options..import..import from SIM.

As I mentioned above, even after I import the contacts I can't see them until gmail contacts are ticked.. so the phone is storing the SIM contacts in the gmail contacts and you can't use only your SIM contacts

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

ebsbow

Jul 22, 2008
I have to say I concur with this annoyance. I can't even edit my sim contacts.
Seriously, I would like to keep my contacts on my sim card not only in Google's portfolio.

As I mentioned above, even after I import the contacts I can't see them until gmail contacts are ticked.. so the phone is storing the SIM contacts in the gmail contacts and you can't use only your SIM contacts

Reactions: zazzy24

JIT99

Mar 26, 2014
Seriously, I would like to keep my contacts on my sim card not only in Google's portfolio.

I see this as a Goog strategy to force user to use the Google contacts ..heck, it even wants me to start using Hangouts to manage my texts.:eek:
For now, if you want to view, export, import SIM contacts, use an independent app like 'Copy to SIM' from play store.

Reactions: zazzy24

mannyx48

Aug 27, 2014
moto g 4g

i can not select sim contact on moto g 8gb 4g ive downloaded sim contacts from google play store when i need to viewe contacts from sim i check it from sim contact app

Kyle L

Aug 28, 2014
SIM problem solved on MOTO G

"SIM Contacts" App from Needom Studio in PlayStore is all that's needed : problem completely solved!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I see this as a Goog strategy to force user to use the Google contacts ..heck, it even wants me to start using Hangouts to manage my texts.:eek:
    For now, if you want to view, export, import SIM contacts, use an independent app like 'Copy to SIM' from play store.
    Or maybe install an 3th party dialer, forgot about that possibility.