New Phone Question

Search This thread

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
After I've installed all the apps I want and need, I charge my phone to a 100% then I let it run untill it shutsdown due to lack of power.
After that, I charge whenever I feel like it. Sometimes, if I suspect something is wrong with my battery, I repeat the process. I think that's maybe once in two/three months. Usually a bad flash, or some program with a bad update.

There is no need to drain the battery. If I don't need to I don't charge my battery at night (not with more than 40% and a charger at work).

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
In fact, completely killing li-ion batteries will reduce their life.

Killing batteries completely and charging them back up applied to NiCD etc batteries - older batteries... not modern ones.

Don't kill li-ion batteries, it is not good for them!

Die Bruine

Jan 2, 2008
You can't kill them. Not in these phone's. They're always protected, which is also why they shutdown. Your phone will boot at least 10 times after a forcefull shutdown (I tried ;) ). So no need to worry, the battery protection in Motorola's work just fine.

slimbrady

Oct 15, 2013
Boise
Motorola Edge +
OnePlus 8T
After flashing a new ROM you should always recalibrate your battery by using one of many free apps (I use "Battery Calibration") that will wipe the battery stats. If you start to notice big dips in your battery % for no apparent reason or your phone stays on much longer than it should have with only 1% battery then you're probably needing another calibration.

Basically you'll charge your phone to 100% then take it down to 0 then charge back to 100% without interruption.

I have noticed my meter is much more accurate if I do this after each flash (though I'm too lazy to as I am on nightlies so I do it about once a week).

Last edited: