[ROM] ChobitsDigitalis ROM Unified Thread

Search This thread

MR4Y

Apr 25, 2012
Araras - SP
Very nice ROM. However, for me it's not that snappy and fast. Sometimes the ROM will freeze for a short period of time after you select something or open a app.

Shizuwi

Jan 31, 2012
I agree on this, I am using class 10 sd-card but indeed there are times that it will lag a bit, especially w/ messenger, I already changed to go sms but same issue, however everything is great, but I hope anyone can also help me theme it back to a normal stock rom lol, this is heavily modified, I am trying to pull up resources from stock rom but getting difficulty fixing menus and overall UI - thanks!

Reactions: JonBoydCabaluna

MR4Y

Apr 25, 2012
Araras - SP
Also, the ROM will not allow wifi acess at first. It'll will connect to it, but will not grant any acess. I don't know how to work it out correctly. It requires a few reboots, and erasing wifi config several times. After a doubtful sequence of tasks, wifi will work eventually.

noobwithgalaxyy

Oct 19, 2011
Eagerly waiting for the customization section.. plus can not stand the black whatever in some apps.
P.S. It does lag some times but I am sure its not the ROM, no Wifi issues for me.

timezone34

Mar 18, 2012
Metro Manila
Some issues with the theme:

-Date and Time in the notification tab
-Some google apps like Gmail are bugged. Background turns black.
-Downloading notification icon is blurred. Maybe the "Downloading" icon's img resolution is too small?

MR4Y

Apr 25, 2012
Araras - SP
I wasn't able to get wifi running at all when I installed it the second time. Doesn't matter what you do, wifi will not send or receive data.

razvan2212

May 25, 2012
Iasi
Hello

OK. I finally managed to get over the logo screen and instal it over chobits 1.8 with merruk prefinal 2.0, and i must say it's awesome. Thanks dude.:beer:

For those who have this problem, here what i've done:
1. Hold menu+volume up+power
2. wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition also
3. flash ChobitsDigitalisV1
4. wipe again like in step 2(without reboot)
5. flash Chobitsdigitalis 1.8
6. this time reboot(probably it will be a ****y menu and stufs ... at me it was)
7. enter again holding menu+volume up+power
8. wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition also
9. Flash Chobitsdigitalis 2.0
10. ENJOY IT!!!

P.S.: It worked on 2 SGYs, tested by myself
P.S.S.: On both SGYs i have this problem. I'm connected to a wi-fi connection, but i can't acces the internet, I Re-flashed Merruk PreFinal 2.0 via Odin, and now it's working on both phones

If it worked... hit THanks:D

Last edited:
Possible reasons why my back button doesn't respond sometimes? and why message app is so laggy >.< and sometimes the phone lags.. The lag is somewhat that of underclocking the CPU to 312mhz.. It kills me >.< I really love this ROM but the LAG is preventing me to stick with this >.< Upgrade please :) thanks for this ROM btw..

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using neighbor's Wi-Fi.

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012
Possible reasons why my back button doesn't respond sometimes? and why message app is so laggy >.< and sometimes the phone lags.. The lag is somewhat that of underclocking the CPU to 312mhz.. It kills me >.< I really love this ROM but the LAG is preventing me to stick with this >.< Upgrade please :) thanks for this ROM btw..

The rom is really good and the perfect one imo. It's a lot stable than any other rom. Replace the messaging app from the stock rom. It isn't overclocked. You can set your settings in set cpu. The lag has to be with some background apps. Have a look at running services. Use adrenaline engine for better ram management

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Reactions: esrom02

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
Can Google Maps updated? Last time, in v1.8, it couldn't be updated. Even if you deleted it from /system/apps it couldn't be re-installed...

Press 'Thanks' if I helped!
Sent from my GT-S5360 using XDA Premium

timezone34

Mar 18, 2012
Metro Manila
Can Google Maps updated? Last time, in v1.8, it couldn't be updated. Even if you deleted it from /system/apps it couldn't be re-installed...

I would like to follow-up this question with another one:

Can I update all google apps AND system apps? :youtube, gmail, location, etc. AND notification toggle, fast reboot, etc.

Last edited:

Shizuwi

Jan 31, 2012
hi, i tried doing that especially phone and contacts, but I keep on getting force close error T_T, hope someone can make a simple theme for this or just a stock theme for daily use

The rom is really good and the perfect one imo. It's a lot stable than any other rom. Replace the messaging app from the stock rom. It isn't overclocked. You can set your settings in set cpu. The lag has to be with some background apps. Have a look at running services. Use adrenaline engine for better ram management

Sent from my GT-S5360 using xda premium

Thanks for answering, Yeah I'm thinking if reverting back to Stock MMS, but I don't know how to, I have backed up my stock ROM using CWm so I guess the MMS.apk there will be fine to use? Or the fact that the stock MMS.apk is not deodexed will cause some problem? Honestly I like to try v6 or Adrenaline but as the dev of this ROM suggest that we don't need to use another script, I restrain myself from doing so coz I'm afraid of any conflcit :D but if you would say that there will be no conflict, I'll give it a try :) my used RAM is always 220+. Thanks again :))

Kousthubha Kumar

Feb 18, 2012

I would like to follow-up this question with another one:

Can I update all google apps AND system apps? :youtube, gmail, location, etc. AND notification toggle, fast reboot, etc.

First try to just update from play store. If that gives parsing /incompatible error/ asks to uninstall previous version of app try these steps:

Make a backup of the apps to be updated from titanium backup

Clear Data and cache of the app to be updated for applications-> (appname)(you can use TB instead).Go to play store. Search for the app to be updated and click it. There will be two options Update and Uninstall. Click Uninstall. And Re-install it from sta. Most cases it should install if you get any parsing/incompatible error/asks to uninstall previous version of app try this :

Restore the backup from TB . Clear data and cache(use tb for this). Download root uninstaller from play store.Open it And uninstall the required app.Re install from play store. It should be installed smoothly. Do the same for all the apps to be updated.

hi, i tried doing that especially phone and contacts, but I keep on getting force close error T_T, hope someone can make a simple theme for this or just a stock theme for daily use

Did you clear data and cache? Also Try clearing dalvik cache from cwm and try again. Also the permissions need to be correct (rw-r-r)

Instead you can use an alternative app called excontacts from play store. It is light and has a lot of themes to choose from.

Thanks for answering, Yeah I'm thinking if reverting back to Stock MMS, but I don't know how to, I have backed up my stock ROM using CWm so I guess the MMS.apk there will be fine to use? Or the fact that the stock MMS.apk is not deodexed will cause some problem? Honestly I like to try v6 or Adrenaline but as the dev of this ROM suggest that we don't need to use another script, I restrain myself from doing so coz I'm afraid of any conflcit :D but if you would say that there will be no conflict, I'll give it a try :) my used RAM is always 220+. Thanks again :))

In the nandroid backup that you backed up .open system.rfs with winrar . Go to system/app and extract MMS.apk . Push the MMS.apk to system/app in your phone using root explorer.Set permissions to rw-r-r-.Delete previous MMS.apk and reboot.

Im using Chobits Nitro+adrenaline+stamatis battery tweaks+tweakszv6(by stamatis) and no conflicts whatsoever. The UI is more smooth and RAM management is good. But have a nandroid backup in hand if you feel it otherwise.

ROFLkopter

Mar 15, 2012
Nottinghamshire
I'll give it a go then. It's no big deal, I just like to have all apps updated :) It irritates me wheb I get the incompatible update or parsing errors!

EDIT: Can somebody please upload the Chobits Nitrospeed init.d files for me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CHOBITSDIGITALIS ROM For YOUNG Series

Ydumjjm.jpg

ChobitsDigitalis Rom Support Thread
    Link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=24240984#post24240984

What's in it:

+ Stable, Fast, Rock Solid
    + Comes with Stock-like Kernel with init.d support
    + Compatible with Merruk's Kernels
    + Compatible with All Basebands
    + Deodexed; Reindexed
    + Zipaligned; Batch Optimized
    + Chobits Revamped UI; Skinned Apps
    + Chobits Launcher powered by GOL
    + Superuser Access; Busybox Support
    + Full Support for Init.d scripts
    + Google Music; Skinned Gingerbread Keyboard; Swype
    + Bass/Treble Enhanced Sound
    + Random Boot Animation
    + 14 Toggles by lidroid rom
    + Lag Fix / Equalizers Force Close Fix
    + Chobits NitroSpeed Applied(no need to add tweaks eg. V6supercharger,st@matis, adrenaline, etc.)
    + Kernel, 3g, wifi, net, memory, battery, etc. tweak integration
    + Swipe to Remove Implementation
    + Multilanguage Support
    + Wifi Fix / Global GPS Boost
    + Built-in Ads Blocker
    + Fonts Pre-installed
    + New Google Play Store; Google Search Updates
    + Full Bravia Engine Port; Fix Xloud; Beats Integration
    + UI optimized; New Lockscreen by Milocker(more to come!)
    + Addon Important Apps (see more inside!)

Installation Instructions:

This Rom comes with a modified kernel, if you want other kernel please flash that kernel using mai's or faqbly's method.

TO ENSURE KERNEL FLASHING SUCCESS PLEASE USE CWM

- Boot in Stock Recovery
    (hold Volume up + HOME + Power Button Simultaneously)
    - Select "wipe data/factory reset" proceed to "YES"
    - Select "cache partition"
    - Select "apply update from sdcard"
    - Select "ChobitsDigitalisV2_Reloaded.zip"
    - Reboot your phone.
    - First Boot will take 2-3 minutes to initialize,
    your phone will vibrate and will continue to load.
    -Once it fully loaded, tap "Menu (left capacitive keys) + Preferences + Backup/Restore + Reset to default"
    (this steps ensure that you have the default desk settings loaded)
    -Enjoy this ChobitsDigitalisV2 ReLoaded!

Download Links:
    For GT-S5360 (SGY)---> http://www.mediafire.com/?dsp32pu80dczp7l
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For GT-S6102 (DUOS)---> http://www.mediafire.com/?p2gdzmoiu88elr9

Screenshots by MACHINEHEAD121 (THANKS TO HIM FOR BETA TESTING, THIS RELEASE WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT HIS UNWAVERING DEVOTION AND EXCEPTIONAL TESTING SKILLS)

QYFUx54.jpg

Video by WHITE-CZ / Cristian9624

ROM POLICY / Disclaimer:

I will not be held responsible if any mishaps while/after flashing will occur (please follow the instructions posted here to avoid issues). This Rom may or may not work for you, therefore please don't expect full compatibility on all firmware versions (custom/stock). But theoretically it should work on all stock roms.

By flashing this rom, you must understand that the developer reserves the right to add/omit some apps, please make sure you do a backup of your apps and a nandroid backup to restore previous installed apps.

Lastly, you as an Android user must understand that rom development takes time and effort, therefore requests may or may not be addressed quickly but please feel free to review and send bug reports so I can sort it out by releasing update fixes.

Thank you for Choosing ChobitsDigitalis ROM!
    by HCFroyd247
    rqxexCU.jpg

General Support Thread Link

Frequently Asked Questions

Quick Fixes

Optional Flashable Zips (soon)

Useful Links

How to's / Tutorials (soon)

Important Android Apps (soon)

18 Quick Debugging Questions

Being Personal
    Hi Guys!

Thank you for your support! Now that I am back, I have made some optional updates for themes and over-all system skin. I will be concentrating first to make themes/mod for Chobits Launcher and I will move on to other launchers. For now, I have 6 new color variants to choose from. For those who do not like the cyan color you will have more choices to fit your taste.:)

For wifi issues, please update to the latest firmware such as dxcl1 or dxle1. Report back if such issues still ocur.

For battery issues, try calibrating your battery first. Search "mugen" at the playstore.

I will try to answer you PM's asap. Thank you for using ChobitsDigitalis Rom!