Multitouch

Search This thread

egk-69

Dec 5, 2007
it would be cool, if someone make it work for zoom, kinda like the Iphone, slide both fingers apart from each other and it zooms in, slide them in, and it zoom out, it would be great.

net777

Jul 2, 2008
But, really. Zooming is already possible by turning your finger clockwise or counterclockwise. And also you can tap on the screen.

Maybe it would be cool with this feature but not for scrolling as I see it. So what else do apple use for it?

Also I heard that iPhone woulde have better games that use the sensor. Does it really, and what games are they?

diomark

Jan 24, 2007
What has no one made use of this yet? http://www.mobiletechaddicts.com/2008/08/20/multi-touch-on-the-htc-diamondtouch-pro/ . Disable the stupid scroll wheel and make it so we can do stuff with both fingers.

My guess is, that's patanded by apple, which is why HTC couldn't do it themselves.

What I would love is flicking to scroll ON the left or right side under the screen... Capacitive keys would be much better at that then the touchscreen is.
-mark

mikeeey

Feb 17, 2007
Everett, Washington
My guess is, that's patanded by apple, which is why HTC couldn't do it themselves.

What I would love is flicking to scroll ON the left or right side under the screen... Capacitive keys would be much better at that then the touchscreen is.
-mark

patented by apple?? no, not with multitouch, they cant do that??
If that's true then that means HTC could have patented TOUCHSCREENS back in 2001 if they wanted to..

maxh

May 20, 2006
Austin
It looks to me that only the button panel below the screen has a capacitive sense ability, which makes it multitouch. I'd be delighted to learn that they added a capacicive sense layer on top of the normal, resistive, touchscreen, but doubt they'd do such a thing for no profitable reason.

greygabe

Sep 3, 2007
capacitve D-Pad

What I think would be awesome - make the capacitive screen the D-pad.
right now - using right and left on the D-pad is terrible. I always hit the other shortcut keys. Why not have the capacitive screen control it...

I'd work on it - but it's WAY over my head...

gullwingdmc

Nov 9, 2007
I would really like to see it act like the Instinct buttons. So that you dont have to actually press the buttons just touch the surface.