[RELEASE] EB01 rom, kernel, radio

Search This thread

RMHisCOOL

Jun 15, 2010
Baltimore
www.rootzwiki.com
How might i flash the EB01 radio with Heimdall? I have tried. I am currently running the DJ05 radio with DL30 superclean 1.0

It was my understanding that a froyo update to the SGS line brings the necessary bootloader modification that is needed for our phone and heimdall to work together. DL30 is froyo... ostensibly that means we have the modified bootloader.

When i try to flash the EB01 radio with heimdall, i hit start, and it says it cannot find a compatible device. Can anyone shed any light on this?

When my backup is finished, I'm going to try to flash the radio with heimdall. I'll let you know how it goes. I think most people use Odin here, so I hope I can help you out.

EDIT: Here are the steps I took exactly (Ubuntu 10.10):
1. Turned phone off and removed battery
2. Held in volume down as I plugged it into my computer
3. Opened heimdall-frontend from terminal
4. Under "modem" section, I navigated to the modem.bin file I'd extracted from the zip in the OP
5. Clicked "start"

Everything's good, I have the new radio. Did you extract the file "modem.bin"? It's different from Odin in that you must do that. Otherwise try downloading the file again and seeing if you have better luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: syborg

AlexDeGruven

Mar 24, 2008
Ann Arbor
www.structuredthought.org
Curiousity. Is there a way to do all of this without using a pc? I'm not new to android or anything and I know the answer to this question is probably no, but if anyone has found a way to flash modems and such without a pc, care to share?

Extremely doubtful considering you need to flash a new baseband/modem, which has to be done via USB.

kspeaksster

Jun 21, 2010
The only things that i notices different in this release is all of the bloat, samsung keypad is missing, and the stock android keyboard is very laggy. Is there a way to get the samsung keypad back? The one in rom manager FC's continuously when installed. My back key seems to work fine.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

skynet11

Oct 14, 2010
How did Syn Ack's "ALL THINGS COOL EB01" thread (see 3rd post in this thread for the link) get to be restricted so we get vBulletin messages whenever we try to go to it now?

Another Fascinating post by my XDA app...

4GivenByChrist

Dec 20, 2010
Ok so now with almost a full day eb01 is running smooth. Now with the Google search fixes and the contacts fix the one feature I miss is the option to leave the screen on while charging, without it it really messes with some video and mostly with Pandora and SiriusXM apps...

Sublym1

Nov 6, 2010
Ewa Beach, HI
Ok so now with almost a full day eb01 is running smooth. Now with the Google search fixes and the contacts fix the one feature I miss is the option to leave the screen on while charging, without it it really messes with some video and mostly with Pandora and SiriusXM apps...

You can try Keepscreen or Screen Timeout Toggle from the market. Keepscreen has an option to choose apps that you want the screen to stay awake for. Timeout Toggle is a switch to set the screen to Always On or to the default timeout.

Sent from my Froyo Fascinate using Tapatalk

piperat

Oct 31, 2010
Indianapolis
I have the superclean .1 you released. I was just wondering if this eb01 is worth getting excited about? Is it any better then dl30?

From my super clean dl30 fascinate

tiger505

Nov 17, 2007
Southern Oregon
I'm kinda happy with the DL30

After reading all 10 pages here and seeing the issues I think I'm very actually very content with DL30 with the Blackhole ROM. I wish I knew what all the excitement is about with this new release except that it's something different. I mean I now have the Fascinate that I've always wanted for the past several days and have no problems...none, nada so why would I want to add bloatware etc by flashing this?
My big thanks to SonofSkywalker3 also.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is folks, in its bloated, ugly, and nasty touchwiz self. Kernel is included in the package. Rooted and busybox, only.

How to install, coming from Eclair:

1. Boot phone to download mode, and flash modem via Odin. Use pda button.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1r7uk6gf8d6s76z

2. Boot to clockwork recovery, and wipe data/factory reset. Then install rom.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dj5567v7gsiwan7

3. Before rebooting, also install the new clockwork package.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=942021
    4. Boot up and enjoy...or hate. Your mileage may vary!

All the folks who helped check for watermarks...y'all know who ye are.
    The leaker, who we ended up serving for dinner with a nice bisque. We named it Leaker Bisque. Patent pending.
    Everyone should feel obligated to join IRC and give each and every dev a hug and a kiss for Valentine's day.
    WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys, seriously thank this dude for posting it. We've had it and it is LEGIT. It works wonderfully and don't forget to grab Superclean for this as well. Voodoo is out too.

Here, have a few mirrors Adryn.

MODEM (Flash in Odin before EB01):
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18199645/REAL FROYO EB01/eb01a_modem.tar

EB01:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18199645/REAL FROYO EB01/eb01a_modem.tar

Here's a link to everything currently out that you can do to get EB01 to do what you want.
    ALL THINGS COOL EB01
    shibby.... huge thanks to all of the devs for their work. you guys complete me :p
    When I flashed this rom it gave me a spontaneous erection, is this supposed to happen?

How might i flash the EB01 radio with Heimdall? I have tried. I am currently running the DJ05 radio with DL30 superclean 1.0

It was my understanding that a froyo update to the SGS line brings the necessary bootloader modification that is needed for our phone and heimdall to work together. DL30 is froyo... ostensibly that means we have the modified bootloader.

When i try to flash the EB01 radio with heimdall, i hit start, and it says it cannot find a compatible device. Can anyone shed any light on this?

When my backup is finished, I'm going to try to flash the radio with heimdall. I'll let you know how it goes. I think most people use Odin here, so I hope I can help you out.

EDIT: Here are the steps I took exactly (Ubuntu 10.10):
    1. Turned phone off and removed battery
    2. Held in volume down as I plugged it into my computer
    3. Opened heimdall-frontend from terminal
    4. Under "modem" section, I navigated to the modem.bin file I'd extracted from the zip in the OP
    5. Clicked "start"

Everything's good, I have the new radio. Did you extract the file "modem.bin"? It's different from Odin in that you must do that. Otherwise try downloading the file again and seeing if you have better luck.